EBay

Brilliant!

Speaking of mesh... here's another... once again for the Rangers fans:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-1994-NY-Rang...=item1e5913be9b

that seller "goon-gear" is a jerk, used to go by "snipeditfromya". He posted pics of a jersey he had sold before and then

sent me another one with pilling, incorrect name font and one of the sleeve numbers was missing a serif, just a terrible jersey that he claimed was mint.

He wouldn't own up to it and claimed it was the same jersey, he kept saying they where his pictures. Yeh, from a another jersey. He wouldn't refund

saying I was not a collector and just got cold feet, whatever. I took pics of what he sent and what he had posted and paypal ruled in my favor

and he still continued to harass me.

There was another time I was selling a jersey and he offered me a ridiculous low price and when I declined he said I didn't know what I was talking about

and new jerseys aren't even $200, umm...yeh right. Now look at what he's asking for his jerseys, crazy.

Edited by hannuvirta

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That one looks like it was part of the Starter fashion jersey line in the 90s, which also released Big Bird Yellow Hawks jerseys, blue(???) and red Wings jerseys, and I'm sure I'm missing others. Can anyone confirm that on the jersey posted above?

To Remain on the Rangers theme...

Here is a sweet looking Authentic Rangers Amonte

Killer price too

New York Rangers Tony Amonte

Hey guys.....

I hope someone can get back to me soon, but how do you tell a real from a fake on the 1998-99 New York Rangers Starter Gretzky jerseys?

I was at the Sports Card and Memorabilia Expo in Toronto, and I saw a guy selling this jersey in a size 56.

I have yet to see a fake in a size 56, but I can't use that fact as a determining factor in verifying that jersey to be an authentic.

Can anyone help me out here.....

I would create a topic on this, but I don't have enough posts to do so.

thanks,

I hope someone can get back to me soon, but how do you tell a real from a fake on the 1998-99 New York Rangers Starter Gretzky jerseys?

I was at the Sports Card and Memorabilia Expo in Toronto, and I saw a guy selling this jersey in a size 56.

I have yet to see a fake in a size 56, but I can't use that fact as a determining factor in verifying that jersey to be an authentic.

I have seen the fake Gretzky Starters in just about every size but 58, which includes 48, 50, 52, 54, 56, & 60.

Basically I am leary of ANY Starter blue Gretzky that is double tagged on the hem with the Starter logo.

Just look for the telltale sign of the fake "game-worn" MeiGray style tag.

6edxtk.jpg

Other issues, the blue is a bit more greenish (basically closer to cyan than royal blue). The jerseys are shinier than a regular Starter mesh (hard to tell since the Starts are already kinda shiny). All of the Starters were sized 56-R (or G for goalie) the fakes don't have the "-R" and have a Gretzky neck tag. EDIT: forgot to mention another big give away - the numbers will be a shiny statin/vinyl type crap that will normally be overly stitched on (not zig-zag stictched, almost embroidered stitch).

Also be wary of Messier jerseys of the same style. They are still doubled tagged and have the fake set tag on the hem as well.

that's not the correct name arch is it? looks weird from the photo angle.

Nope. That name is quite wrong. It's radially arched instead of vertically arched and does not have drop shadows either. As the kids like to say, "fail".

Guh...that could've been a real beauty too. The name SHOULD look like this:

Rangerscirca19912bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

That one could be an interesting fixer-upper though if someone were so inclined.

Hey guys.....

Can anyone help me out here.....

I would create a topic on this, but I don't have enough posts to do so.

thanks,

Hey man I was at the expo today but I didn't see the Gretzky's you were looking at. A lot of people were selling fakes for rediculously high prices so I would make 100% sure it's real before picking it up. I only found one person selling real authentics and I managed to pick up a couple jersey's off him for a decent price. I was expecting there to be a few more sellers that actually sold real jerseys and I was a little disapointed with all the fakes that were there but oh well.

Hey man I was at the expo today but I didn't see the Gretzky's you were looking at. A lot of people were selling fakes for rediculously high prices so I would make 100% sure it's real before picking it up. I only found one person selling real authentics and I managed to pick up a couple jersey's off him for a decent price. I was expecting there to be a few more sellers that actually sold real jerseys and I was a little disapointed with all the fakes that were there but oh well.

Yeah the guy i saw with the Gretzky didn't have it anymore, but I saw a couple of others with the same starter gretzkys for about $50-80... ?!?!?!?

I strayed away from those as I'm pretty sure the people selling them know they're fakes, hence the low price tag.

What did you pick up there?

I managed to score a CCM ultrafil Devils jersey in size 52 that I plan on making into a 1995 Brodeur Cup jersey, so I scratched that off my want list in my signature.

I also picked up an RBK 6100 series penguins authentic in size 52 as well which is going to turn into a Crosby rookie jersey. I also picked up a Katrina patch for that jersey.

I found a real nice guy there, his name is Danny and he is from Redline Collectibles, quite the sweet collection he had!!! All autographed stuff though :(

I don't really collect autographed items. Plus he has the Lemieux rookie jersey I've been so desperately looking for. Too bad he said it was sold.....to himself :(

and to boot it was autographed too (not that I really cared for that)

Edited by HockeyMusic

I saw that one. I don't know what to think of it because I don't know what jerseys from that era should look like.

Jerseys from that era look like they should belong in my collection.

schwing.jpg