2015-2016 New Jersey Watch

Hollywood Cannon

Looks like they took down the pics of the Avs and Ducks, anyone have a link from elsewhere?

Nevermind...found it

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/nhl-international-accidentally-leaks-new-ducks-avs-third-jerseys?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=http://www.dagens-hockey.se

Edited by DC Red Wings

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally a legitimately nice jersey, just as I was losing hope. KISS principle at work.

It's not a jersey but I got this from a very reliable source:

IMG_3041-th.jpg

I don't know about you guys but I'm a little tired of teams celebrating anniversaries every five or ten years just to make more money in merchandise.

I don't know about you guys but I'm a little tired of teams celebrating anniversaries every five or ten years just to make more money in merchandise.

Agreed. 10, 25, 50, 100? Sure, celebrate away. But nobody cares about your 35th, 60th, or 90th anniversary.

It's not a jersey but I got this from a very reliable source:

Check this from Icethetics.

http://www.icethetics.co/blog/2015/8/29/will-the-rangers-wear-a-90th-anniversary-patch

Agreed about every random year anniversaries.

HA! I guess my source had a source! Good. Now I don't feel guilty putting it up without asking.

To the latter conversation though, 75th is perfectly acceptable as well. 10th, 25th, 50th, 75th and 100th works.

How desperate can teams be? In 1995, the White Sox wore a 95th anny patch. Huh??

23802_01_lg.jpg

Yeah, missed the 75th in there.

At least they're keeping at least 5 year intervals, that is until some team wants to celebrate their 33rd anniversary or something.

It would be kinda cool if the Ottawa 67s have a 67th Anniversary season patch though. Still have a little bit of time till that one though...

Yeah I think you'd have to give them that one.

I'm a little tired of teams celebrating anniversaries every five or ten years just to make more money in merchandise.

And you're a Rangers fan?

Well the Rangers posted a pic of the ice at the garden today, and unlike the 85th Anniversary, there's no special logo for the 90th.

11230042_10153264337719858_6534038570706

I actually hope they don't do a patch now or for the 95th Anniversary.

Then they can go nuts for the 100th Anniversary like Montreal did.

Man, even with that big poopy logo at center ice that looks so awesome. Nothing like a perfect sheet of ice.

Can't wait to be able to watch live hockey again.

I was glad the Jackets decided not to do a 15th Anniversary patch this year.

No advertising on NHL uniforms with adidas deal, Bettman says

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/adidas-signs-seven-year-uniform-deal-with-nhl-replacing-reebok/article26369549/

“We are not currently considering putting advertising on NHL jerseys,” said Bettman.“There have been no discussions, formally or informally, with anyone about doing that.”

Sometimes, of course, the term “not currently” can be corporate speak for“you can be sure we’ll be thinking about it eventually.” But it’s difficult to imagine that happening on Bettman’s watch, however long it lasts. As someone who joined the NHL from the NBA more than 20 years ago as an outsider, Bettman has always gone out of his way to respect the traditions of hockey.

Moreover, Bettman ultimately works for the owners and suggested the vast majority of them want to maintain the status quo, when it comes to keeping ads off jerseys.

“It goes to the respect we have for the history and tradition of our game, and the reverence our fans have for our sweaters and our game,” said Bettman. “Our sweaters, among all the other sports, are I think iconic, which is why I’ve previously been quoted as saying,‘we certainly won’t be the first’ and you’d probably have to drag me, kicking and screaming [to do it], which would take a lot – a lot, a lot – of money.”

Looks like the leak was right in regards to the Islanders new third jerseys

http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=779255&navid=DL|NYI|home

Bs. Bettman doesn't decide what's gonna happen with jersey advertisements. If the owners tell him they want advertisements and the $$$$$ that comes along with it then trust me they'll be advertisements. Once the nhlpa sees how much their half of that money is going to be then they'll be all for it too.

Basically I took what bettman said to mean well put advertisements but it's gonna cost you a ton of $$$$$$$.

The only way I see it not happening is if companies decide they're not gonna pay the nhls asking price