Next on your list...

Mach_9

So, for those of you who've picked up the new Sabres jerseys - does the different cut change the fit at all or if I'm a 46 should I stick with a 46 (unfortunately it seems only 48's are in stock...). I think I'm just about ready to pick one up.

Well I can't vouch for the authentics, but the replicas fit the same as all the other replicas. My large Sabres fits just like the rest of my larges.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, for those of you who've picked up the new Sabres jerseys - does the different cut change the fit at all or if I'm a 46 should I stick with a 46 (unfortunately it seems only 48's are in stock...). I think I'm just about ready to pick one up.

I don't have an authentic, but as a rule, you usually can't go wrong with the next size up, especially in a question of 46 vs 48.

I don't have an authentic, but as a rule, you usually can't go wrong with the next size up, especially in a question of 46 vs 48.

I had a problem with a regular 48 caps authentic being too big earlier in the year; I'm short and small... even 46's have the shoulders about a 1/2 inch down the arm, with hoodies on underneath.

The new Sabres jerseys aren't cut differently. It´s the same cut like all the other authentics. So if you wear a size 46, stick with it.

The new Sabres jerseys aren't cut differently. It´s the same cut like all the other authentics. So if you wear a size 46, stick with it.

I thought they tapered in the body. Either way, I figured I'd still be wanting a 46; just wanted to double check.

Alright, so I picked up a white 46 authentic and I'm waiting for it to arrive so I can send it to Ice Jerseys for customization. Kinda bummed I couldn't support IJ with the purchase of the jersey itself, but I've resolved to not go anywhere else for customization from now on and at least I'm sticking to that. Pretty sure it's gonna be Stafford 21, sorry LS1893.

Alright, so I picked up a white 46 authentic and I'm waiting for it to arrive so I can send it to Ice Jerseys for customization. Kinda bummed I couldn't support IJ with the purchase of the jersey itself, but I've resolved to not go anywhere else for customization from now on and at least I'm sticking to that. Pretty sure it's gonna be Stafford 21, sorry LS1893.

Stafford is a great choice. He is sure to be around for awhile. I am going to be up in B-lo this Friday and might pick up a cheap blank jersey (if there is one) and have IJ do the customization....

The more Stafford fans the better. I was happy he netted a pair against Washington last Wed while I was sporting the Sioux jersey. I still have around 6 people a game ask me if he played for Notre Dame. It's getting irritating look at the front people.

The more Stafford fans the better. I was happy he netted a pair against Washington last Wed while I was sporting the Sioux jersey. I still have around 6 people a game ask me if he played for Notre Dame. It's getting irritating look at the front people.

Speaking of your boy Stafford (completely off topic), I just got his rookie card in a pack of 06-07 Upper Deck Series 2 hockey. It was a hockey's headliners card. Series 2 has some good ones, already gotten Kopitar, Pavelski, and Radulov in packs.

Speaking of your boy Stafford (completely off topic), I just got his rookie card in a pack of 06-07 Upper Deck Series 2 hockey. It was a hockey's headliners card. Series 2 has some good ones, already gotten Kopitar, Pavelski, and Radulov in packs.

It may be one of those years that UD 2 is better than UD 1 considering malkin is in Ser 2.

It may be one of those years that UD 2 is better than UD 1 considering malkin is in Ser 2.

I've been a hockey card collector my entire life and I've had a lot of really nice pulls, but lately I find the odds are just getting worse and worse on memorabilia cards, and while the product is definitely rewarding when you end up with a good pull, I've resorted to just picking up cards I want off of ebay and collecting memorabilia specifically. Either memorabilia cards that I pick up on ebay or actual game-used/autographed jerseys/sticks and just autographed 8x10's.

Either way - sending in the jersey to have the Stafford done officially. Excitement.

I've been a hockey card collector my entire life and I've had a lot of really nice pulls, but lately I find the odds are just getting worse and worse on memorabilia cards, and while the product is definitely rewarding when you end up with a good pull, I've resorted to just picking up cards I want off of ebay and collecting memorabilia specifically. Either memorabilia cards that I pick up on ebay or actual game-used/autographed jerseys/sticks and just autographed 8x10's.

Either way - sending in the jersey to have the Stafford done officially. Excitement.

I enjoy getting players on their new teams, which is why series 2 usually is perfect for me. I got all wrapped up in the 2005-06 Parkhurst and got the Avalanche, Oilers, Coyotes, Mighty Ducks, and many other teams sets. I am gonna stick to ebay to get team sets I want though, that can be a very expensive hobby. I just finished the Sabres series 2 set and got the Canadiens set as well. But anyway...

I have thought about getting an Afinogenov jersey. I am leaning towards getting a Selanne Ducks jersey.

I enjoy getting players on their new teams, which is why series 2 usually is perfect for me. I got all wrapped up in the 2005-06 Parkhurst and got the Avalanche, Oilers, Coyotes, Mighty Ducks, and many other teams sets. I am gonna stick to ebay to get team sets I want though, that can be a very expensive hobby. I just finished the Sabres series 2 set and got the Canadiens set as well. But anyway...

I have thought about getting an Afinogenov jersey. I am leaning towards getting a Selanne Ducks jersey.

I'm currently selling a collection of 40 game used/auto cards, the bulk of which are from 05-06. There's a handful from the few years prior, but the majority is all UD 1&2, Ultra, Ice and Artifacts from last year. It looks like it's not going to sell; I've tried selling chunks of my collection like this before and it never seems to work - I can't figure it out, because I list most of the players that there are cards of and show a good sampling of the cards in photos, and usually one or two of the cards pictured alone exceed the reserve price of the entire 40 card lot, but it never seems to attract any bids the way individual cards do. I sometimes think I'm listing it in the wrong category, but I can't see where it would be better to list it. I mean, right now, for instance, I think the reserve price is $75, and the Zach Parise jersey/auto card that is pictured has a becket value of over $75 all by itself - and then there's another 39 cards! but no one bids. Oh well; I'm not good at selling things, never have been haha. The only reason I want to sell them is to buy more, which is probably not the best sign either.

Anyhow, I used to collect team sets, but I lost interest as I got older. I do collect specific players though; I have over 300 Forsberg cards.

I just saw that All-Star authentics went from $399 to $174 on nhl.com so I'm buying one and having Ice Jerseys do the customization (when I have more money - gotta take care of the Stafford customization first) to be either Havlat (if I go West) or Miller (if I go East).

Anyhow, I used to collect team sets, but I lost interest as I got older. I do collect specific players though; I have over 300 Forsberg cards.

On no, someone else with that sickness. My Arturs Irbe collection is somewhere north of 350 cards if I remember correctly. Sure would like to have some of that money back... Stupid parallel cards...

Meanwhile, the next jerseys on my list are now a 2000-01 Buffalo Sabres Red Alternate Dominik Hasek, a 1996 NHL All-Star Eastern Conference Mario Lemieux and a 1996-97 New York Islanders Wave Style Original Logo Palffy with a 25th Anniversary Patch.

I was planning on doing the Buffalo Alternate as a Chris Drury #23, since in my 275 jerseys it would have been my first #23 and the only number I don't have between 1 and 35. I was also planning on adding a Pat Lafontaine Retirement Night Patch to it, which would have been really cool, but somehow, somewhere, I lost the ###### thing. Or had it stolen from work. In fact, I'm missing TWO jerseys, which is driving me crazy.

I really doubt they were stolen, but there's just a limited number of places they should be, and since they're not there I have to start to assume other options. It's making me crazy I tell 'ya.

I'm currently selling a collection of 40 game used/auto cards, the bulk of which are from 05-06. There's a handful from the few years prior, but the majority is all UD 1&2, Ultra, Ice and Artifacts from last year. It looks like it's not going to sell; I've tried selling chunks of my collection like this before and it never seems to work - I can't figure it out, because I list most of the players that there are cards of and show a good sampling of the cards in photos, and usually one or two of the cards pictured alone exceed the reserve price of the entire 40 card lot, but it never seems to attract any bids the way individual cards do. I sometimes think I'm listing it in the wrong category, but I can't see where it would be better to list it. I mean, right now, for instance, I think the reserve price is $75, and the Zach Parise jersey/auto card that is pictured has a becket value of over $75 all by itself - and then there's another 39 cards! but no one bids. Oh well; I'm not good at selling things, never have been haha. The only reason I want to sell them is to buy more, which is probably not the best sign either.

I just saw that All-Star authentics went from $399 to $174 on nhl.com so I'm buying one and having Ice Jerseys do the customization (when I have more money - gotta take care of the Stafford customization first) to be either Havlat (if I go West) or Miller (if I go East).

Last year I was in a card store and they said that the hockey sets were popular coming out of the lockout, since I believe only Upper Deck made them last year. I was lucky enough to come across a Sidney Crosby UD MVP rookie card which at one point was $50 and I have the Ovechkin Parkhurst rookie card. Those babies have been put up. I was brought back to earth by an instructor in one of my training courses bringing in his Gretzky rookie card...I was jealous!

I'm really leaning towards a Sabres vintage jersey these days. That's the jersey I remember them wearing so much while growing up. Thing is I think I'd want to get Mogilny 89# put on it or Lafontaine 16#. Right now my big debate is trying to decide who to put on my Ducks jersey if they offer customization at the team store next week when I'm down there. I was wanting Giguere but I'm not sure he'll be back with them, plus I think Selanne would have more of a legacy though...

Last year I was in a card store and they said that the hockey sets were popular coming out of the lockout, since I believe only Upper Deck made them last year. I was lucky enough to come across a Sidney Crosby UD MVP rookie card which at one point was $50 and I have the Ovechkin Parkhurst rookie card. Those babies have been put up. I was brought back to earth by an instructor in one of my training courses bringing in his Gretzky rookie card...I was jealous!

I'm really leaning towards a Sabres vintage jersey these days. That's the jersey I remember them wearing so much while growing up. Thing is I think I'd want to get Mogilny 89# put on it or Lafontaine 16#. Right now my big debate is trying to decide who to put on my Ducks jersey if they offer customization at the team store next week when I'm down there. I was wanting Giguere but I'm not sure he'll be back with them, plus I think Selanne would have more of a legacy though...

You may as well try and get the vintage now. There will be no third jerseys for next season and the alt vintage are relatively plentiful via the Sabres store. I got mine with Pommer 29 on the back and it is pretty sweet!

Individual cards always sell better than lots. Most people don't want the extra cards or they don't check the lots. It's a pain to list everything but you make more money in the long run. I used to collect cards but I phased those out for 8 x10's.

Sent in the Sabres jersey with the form to have Stafford done today; it should get to IJ in like 4 days. Wonder when I' get it back. I'm psyched. Had thoughts about Gaustad, but I went for Stafford in the end.

I sent my UND jersey on Dec. 27th and got it Feb 14th

I sent my UND jersey on Dec. 27th and got it Feb 14th

Hmm, and you probably dealt with some holiday rush, so hopefully mine will take a little less time overall to get done and get back. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but it would sure be nice lol.

$174? Oh, my. I may have another project ahead. :wacko:

Luckilly, I purchased some hats from them recently and I have a 20% off discount to apply. :D

This happens whenever I'm NOT actively hunting. :lol:

That's a great price for that size especially in a 52 great pickup.