Next on your list...

Mach_9

That's gotta be a Phoenix thing right? Maybe I never paid any attention to it in Indiana, but it threw me the first time I noticed it here. I'm impressed the computer system was there for you DesertRat. That would've definitely been something I wouldn't have been happy about them just leaving. I was mad enough about a $135 jersey. I just think its bad business to leave someone's package on the doormat and I tend to think maybe it'd be in their better interests to have someone sign for/pick up the package. I know they want to be convenient or quick, but that could erupt to be a bad situation and would think it would help the company keep from having to pay for a package they lost. I guess that's why many are insured though.

It is a Phoenix thing. I like how the streets are on a grid, but get within the grid and the canals and subdivisions can drive ya nuts. It's STILL relatively easy to find your way around here.

ALWAYS purchase insurance. I sold someone a LA Kings jersey that had the 2002 All-Star patch AND the 9/11AM patch a few years ago. I make my buyers purchase insurance to protect myself. I figure if you're too cheap to pay the extra $1.65-$2 or whatever to insure delivery, you shouldn't be spending the other $x in the first place. anyway, he said it never showed up. After almost two months of investigation, I got my money back, but it's a shame, it was a nice jersey and some usps employee in southern Cal is probably enjoying his 'find'. :angry:

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a Phoenix thing. I like how the streets are on a grid, but get within the grid and the canals and subdivisions can drive ya nuts. It's STILL relatively easy to find your way around here.

To continue this small diversion into house numbering, I had a friend who lived in a house that was on the corner lot. The house faced Oak St. to the North, but for some reason the driveway entered the property on West side of the lot along 40th Ave. and ran across the front of the house (so you had to make a right turn in order to get into the garage) instead of starting at the curb directly in front of the house and making a straight shot into the garage like usual.

The problem was his house was considered to be 2800 40th Ave. based on the driveway entrance to the property, and the whole world looked at it as being 2800 Oak St. because that was the street the front of it faced.

So one day...he's sitting there in his house watching TV and someone starts to drill out the lock on his front door because they are in the process of repossessing 2800 Oak St., a house actually located several blocks away! It got to be such a hassle he had to put a sign on his front door explaining his full address.

Now back to jersey discussions...

Yes, definitely back to jersey discussions. My old Ducks replica Selanne jersey is one I'm currently looking into fixing up. Why you ask? Well when I got it personalized back in April at the Ducks home finale, a week later the nameplate and number peeled RIGHT off. I'm gonna look into getting it redone.

I'm also itching to get one of my Oilers and Avalanche jerseys personalized.

Next on my list is to recreate the white Boston Bruins Ray Bourque #7 jersey from the famous occasion when Ray Bourque reliquished his #7 at Phil Esposito's jersey retirement ceremony.

While doing some research on this I came across a youtube video of the ceremony on Dec. 3, 1987 where Ray Bourque takes off his #7 jersey at Phil Esposito's #7 jersey retirement and reveals to all his new number of 77.

The remarkable thing about the video is that the announcer introduces Bourque as "Ray Bourque, the Captian of the Bruins" and Bourque immediately skates out wearing an "A" on his jersey.

Not only that, wearing the "A" isn't apparently some sort of tribute to Esposito either, since from 28-36 seconds into the video, just after the crowd shot applauding Bourque's change to #77, you can clearly see a Bruin in the background with the "C" on his chest. Again, as Esposito speaks to the crowd at 2:41 in the video, you can make out the player with the "C" standing next to the two alternate captains, one of whom is Bourque and the other who is wearing a helmet, putting any end to the idea that the wearer of the "C" might have been an old-timer with a jersey on who was there for the ceremony. At 3:42 & 4:00 you get two more pretty clear looks at him, but at no point can his jersey number be seen.

Does anyone have any idea why "Ray Bourque, the Captian of the Bruins" isn't the Captian that day and Mike Milbury is wearing the "C" that day?

Next on my list is to recreate the white Boston Bruins Ray Bourque #7 jersey from the famous occasion when Ray Bourque reliquished his #7 at Phil Esposito's jersey retirement ceremony.

While doing some research on this I came across a youtube video of the ceremony on Dec. 3, 1987 where Ray Bourque takes off his #7 jersey at Phil Esposito's #7 jersey retirement and reveals to all his new number of 77.

The remarkable thing about the video is that the announcer introduces Bourque as "Ray Bourque, the Captian of the Bruins" and Bourque immediately skates out wearing an "A" on his jersey.

Not only that, wearing the "A" isn't apparently some sort of tribute to Esposito either, since from 28-36 seconds into the video, just after the crowd shot applauding Bourque's change to #77, you can clearly see a Bruin in the background with the "C" on his chest. Again, as Esposito speaks to the crowd at 2:41 in the video, you can make out the player with the "C" standing next to the two alternate captains, one of whom is Bourque and the other who is wearing a helmet, putting any end to the idea that the wearer of the "C" might have been an old-timer with a jersey on who was there for the ceremony. At 3:42 & 4:00 you get two more pretty clear looks at him, but at no point can his jersey number be seen.

Does anyone have any idea why "Ray Bourque, the Captian of the Bruins" isn't the Captian that day and Mike Milbury is wearing the "C" that day?

1985-1988 Ray Bourque and Rick Middleton were Co-Captains of the Bruins. They were rotating the captaincy between the two. After Middleton retired, Bourque was the solo Captain from 1988 - 2000.

• 2 weeks later...

My wantlist has been going very well lately. Once I discovered that player's wore their country flags on their club jerseys during the 1998 Skills competition, I wanted to recreate a group of those.

I've already done the following;

Shannahan Red Wings dark with Believe patch and Canada Flag

Gretzky Rangers dark with Canada Flag (the only patch Gretzky ever wore on a Rangers jersey)

Modano Stars dark with USA flag

Messier Canucks dark with 98 All-Star patch and Canada Flag

Palffy Islanders white wave jersey with "NY" crest with Slovakia Flag

Jagr Penguins white with Czech Flag

Bure Canucks white with 98 All-Star patch and Russia Flag

Now, in the last couple of days I've gotten a white Maple Leafs jersey that will become a Sundin with Sweden Flag and a white Ducks Selanne that will get a Finland Flag added to it.

That leaves a Chicago Blackhawks red Roenick, a vintage black Bruins Cheevers and a vintage Calgary Flames red jersey with a Stanley Cup Finals patch to be either a MacDonald or MacInnis on my want list.

JeffB

• 3 weeks later...
I'm debating on making a Minnesota Wild classic green or alternate red jersey amongst my next purchases. I already know I'm intending on getting a Buffalo Sabres vintage blue jersey, and possibly the newer one. I'm growing to really like the Minnesota jerseys again.

The green ones sell the least among the Wild jerseys, so you stand a pretty good chance of finding one of those compared to the whites or reds. Especially the whites. Those are not easy to find here in the Twin Cities anymore.

The green jersey gives you some patching options, such as the 2004 All-Star, the 5th Season, Katrina and Teammates for Kids. The red on the other hand... no patches ever. None. The team got this funny bug up their backsides and decided that the red jersey was soooooo old school and sooooooo sacred, that "old jerseys never had patches on them, and we want this to be like those, so we aren't going to patch it."

That really irked me since I had a 5th season patch that I was planning on putting on the red jersey, until the team refused to. <_< Shame too, since I thought it would have looked pretty sharp.

Let me know if you get a Wild jersey. I might be able to help with stuff like "Who wore the "C" or "A"?

The green ones sell the least among the Wild jerseys, so you stand a pretty good chance of finding one of those compared to the whites or reds. Especially the whites. Those are not easy to find here in the Twin Cities anymore.

The green jersey gives you some patching options, such as the 2004 All-Star, the 5th Season, Katrina and Teammates for Kids. The red on the other hand... no patches ever. None. The team got this funny bug up their backsides and decided that the red jersey was soooooo old school and sooooooo sacred, that "old jerseys never had patches on them, and we want this to be like those, so we aren't going to patch it."

That really irked me since I had a 5th season patch that I was planning on putting on the red jersey, until the team refused to. <_< Shame too, since I thought it would have looked pretty sharp.

Let me know if you get a Wild jersey. I might be able to help with stuff like "Who wore the "C" or "A"?

I'm seriously kicking around getting the green one. The red jersey looks sharp and I like the old school look to them, but I have so many red jerseys as it is plus I always liked how unique the green one was. I'm actually surprised that that one was one that sold the least.

If I add a name on there, there's really only two names that I'd consider, one being Todd White despite him not being with the team anymore. I met him in Indy twice his rookie year in the minors. Great guy too. Brian Rolston would be the other.

I'm now waiting on my Dynamo Ovechkin jersey that I ordered earlier from www.russianjerseys.com. Thanks to villavelocity for posting the link in that Russian Super League jerseys thread!

Once I get my next paycheck I plan on purchasing a Travis Zajac UND jersey.

Then I have a truckload of jerseys I'm sending to IceJerseys to have various sorts of customizations done. :stickhndl:

Next on my list is a Russian jerseys from the 04-05 season, probably Richards from the AkBars. Those Ruskie jerseys are really sharp, and after seeing one in person at a restaurant prior to last nights game, I'm definitely sold. Though, the poor fan I saw had his customization heat pressed on, it was kinda depressing. Pretty sure that's not how they did it over there.

Next on my list is a Russian jerseys from the 04-05 season, probably Richards from the AkBars. Those Ruskie jerseys are really sharp, and after seeing one in person at a restaurant prior to last nights game, I'm definitely sold. Though, the poor fan I saw had his customization heat pressed on, it was kinda depressing. Pretty sure that's not how they did it over there.

Im probably looking for an Authentic Rangers jersey..

According to the place I ordered my Ovechkin jersey from, they are sublimated.

You can kind of tell from this picture, too.

According to the place I ordered my Ovechkin jersey from, they are sublimated.

You can kind of tell from this picture, too.

The jerseys in Russia are dye sublimated.

You will be happy with your purchase devilsfan. I have ordered and received 2 jerseys from them and am very happy.

The jerseys in Russia are dye sublimated.

You will be happy with your purchase devilsfan. I have ordered and received 2 jerseys from them and am very happy.

Please got the cheaper route and get more jerseys! global_hockey on ebay is a distributor for Lutch and can get you 2 or 3 for the price of that one you paid for. He is a great guy and the product is the same. If you buy from him just tell him galvinredwings sent you. I have bought about 20 from him and they are authentic.

Please got the cheaper route and get more jerseys! global_hockey on ebay is a distributor for Lutch and can get you 2 or 3 for the price of that one you paid for. He is a great guy and the product is the same. If you buy from him just tell him galvinredwings sent you. I have bought about 20 from him and they are authentic.

Yeah, I ordered one of my Kovalchuk Russian Jerseys through him and it was the same as the ones from Russianjerseys. I had no complaints about going through him and would not hesitate to do so again.

Yeah, I ordered one of my Kovalchuk Russian Jerseys through him and it was the same as the ones from Russianjerseys. I had no complaints about going through him and would not hesitate to do so again.

Oh yeah, he gets them directly from Lutch which is the same company as russianjerseys so save the money!

I scored what I think is a pretty good one this morning. I got a 1979 NHL All-Stars Ken Dryden size 52 Cosby brand one year only style jersey.

It's not the fanciest All-Star jersey ever, but it's got to be pretty rare and a 52 should fit me with room to spare and the customizing looks dead on. Plus, if I find anything from before 1990, it's always a "medium" that runs small to today's sizes.

1979 was one of the times that the NHL skipped the All-Star game and played a series against the Soviets. The NHL lost 2 games to 1 after winning the first, leading half way through the second game and getting killed in the 3rd game 6-0. This was essentially the same group of Soviets that lost to the 1980 USA Olympic Team one year later.

I can't wait for it to arrive and I hope it looks as good as the photos.

4d5e_1.JPG3e25_1.JPG

I just picked up the Canadian Flag patch and 1998 All Star Game Patch to go on my blank navy Canucks jersey which will make it a Messier 98 Skills Competition Jersey. I gotta admit I stole this one from JeffB, and I believe his Messier jersey for the occasion is the only picture I've been able to find of what it should look like. Other than that, nothing too exciting on the forefront, just making sure I have all the patches and done all the research I need to for each jersey. I've been spending time in some of my classes thinking about what I have and what I need and changing a few of the jerseys I had designated to one player to another just so I can add an "A" or whatnot. I'm just seeing what comes my way and going from there. Plus, the list of jerseys I have waiting to be customized is in the high 30s, so I'm trying to be good, cuz that is going to be a major set back this summer after graduation.

lol, me either! Thats crazy. What was your original plan with that (and the Russia patch)?

I'm not sure to be honest. I bought them about a year ago. I think I was gonna put them on a Rangers jersey but I never got around to doing it.

I know you like the way I stuck the patch in between a bunch of Miller Lite table tents too right? :P I was in the post office parking lot and in my work van and I didn't have any cardboard so I just grabbed a handful of those and stuck them in there.