Next on your list...

Mach_9

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you're right. I can see differences after really scoping it. The numbers on the Gretzky jersey are just way too stiff. The material has a different feel from the Messier one too. It's still a nice looking jersey though. But I'm absolutely loving the Mess one. It just might be the prize of my collection now.

Yeah you're right. I can see differences after really scoping it. The numbers on the Gretzky jersey are just way too stiff. The material has a different feel from the Messier one too. It's still a nice looking jersey though. But I'm absolutely loving the Mess one. It just might be the prize of my collection now.

Didn't the Starter jerseys use mesh? Or was that just for some teams?

If it has the Eastern Conference logo on it then it's a replica jersey. I have a few of those older ones too but mine are a tighter knit than the mesh style of my Messier one.

If it has the Eastern Conference logo on it then it's a replica jersey. I have a few of those older ones too but mine are a tighter knit than the mesh style of my Messier one.

Wasn't starter the only company to put the conference logos on the hems? I liked the CCM semi-pros that had the team logo there, I always thought that looked sharp.

Wasn't starter the only company to put the conference logos on the hems? I liked the CCM semi-pros that had the team logo there, I always thought that looked sharp.

Pro Player put the conference logos on the hems too, after taking over the Starter company

• 2 weeks later...

The more I am looking at them, the more in love I am falling with the old WHA LA Sharks home and away jerseys. Maybe slap a Tardif #9 on the back and I think that the jersey is definitely NEXT on my list.

Well I got my new one today. When I was in San Jose a couple of weeks back, I grew to really like the style of the Sharks teal jerseys and decided to get one after debating whether or not to for the past few months. Since money is kind of an issue with me lately and I am cutting back on my jersey habits, I found one for about 68$ that was a XXL (the size I prefer). They had one left. I was planning on finally getting the jersey next week. Then I saw that the last XXL had been sold. Bummer...

My wife knew I'd been after this one and supported me getting it, and told me to wait a week or two and maybe they might have more. Little did I know she was up to something.

I come home tonight from work (I work late nights, so she's in bed by the time I get home) and there is a bag sitting on the table with a card that says open me first. I open the card and then look in the bag and there sits my new Sharks teal jersey...XXL, SHE was the one who bought the last one. It was quite a surprise. :)

Well I got my new one today. When I was in San Jose a couple of weeks back, I grew to really like the style of the Sharks teal jerseys and decided to get one after debating whether or not to for the past few months. Since money is kind of an issue with me lately and I am cutting back on my jersey habits, I found one for about 68$ that was a XXL (the size I prefer). They had one left. I was planning on finally getting the jersey next week. Then I saw that the last XXL had been sold. Bummer...

My wife knew I'd been after this one and supported me getting it, and told me to wait a week or two and maybe they might have more. Little did I know she was up to something.

I come home tonight from work (I work late nights, so she's in bed by the time I get home) and there is a bag sitting on the table with a card that says open me first. I open the card and then look in the bag and there sits my new Sharks teal jersey...XXL, SHE was the one who bought the last one. It was quite a surprise. :)

Very nice one Zoom. Gotta love how that turned out.

That's a great story! I knew my girl was the one for me when she bought me a Sabres Christmas tree ornament for x-mas last year. Its great to have a woman support our mania eh? :thumbsup:

I loved it, I was pretty surprised. She did very well about hiding it. I definitely owe her a dinner or a gift. We are in the middle of redoing our backyard and I think it was a thank you for moving all the stone we had put in our driveway last weekend. She was a huge baseball fan until she met me and we started going to hockey games and she fell in love with the sport.

Boy, I was just in the running for a 1992 version of an authentic CCM Toronto Maple Leafs road blue jersey with the 75th anny patch on the chest. An absolute thing of beauty but some nut actually bid 320 bucks! That's a little too much for my taste even if it is the old style.

• 1 month later...

So to bring back a slightly older thread, what is next on your list?

With the new designs I gotta add the Red Capitals Ovechkin jersey to the list.

Though I have also added the Kovalchuk Blue to my list too, saw it is a store and the jersey doesn't look as bad in person as it does on TV.

There are a few others I would like to get too, but of course finances don't allow them all to be gotten so I will just have to take my time in getting the ones I want.