Next on your list...

Mach_9

I found a beauty yesterday whist perusing eBay; a white Remparts jersey with Esposito #7 on the back. I can't wait for this baby to show up.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Stafford jersey sent in and my all-star authentic in the works, I now know my next jersey will be a Rangers sweater. I wanted to get your (Brilliant) opinion on this one though; I'll be going royal blue home, but who do I get - Hossa really stepped on this season and I've always liked him, even when he was w. Montreal. I wish Prucha was having a better sophomore season, as I'd get Prucha in a heart-beat (been considering it since last year). Betts and Cullen are the other two who have really stood out and impressed me that I'd consider getting. Of those, I'm pretty sure Prucha is far and away the most common, and I do like being a little bit on the obscure side. Otherwise I'd consider Lundqvist as well, but I think he's just too popular for my tastes.

Well, you've got several options if you wanna go the obscure route. I'll go by line and highlight the lesser known guys:

Straka-Nylander-Jagr

Shanahan-Avery-Callahan

Cullen-Ortmeyer-Prucha

Orr-Betts-Hollweg

Roszival-Malik

Mara-Girardi

Pock-Strudwick

Also: Tyutin(out), Rachunek(out), Hossa(out) and Isbister(subs on 1st line).

Goalies: Lundqvist, Weekes, Valiquette.

Mara, Pock and Callahan are a little too new but would be sweet if they stayed. Tyutin or Girardi would be a cool choice. So would Betts. Avery would be awesome; especially if they lock him up(which they should)...but for me, the best is the Jed-head. Ortmeyer is my absolute favorite Ranger this year. I mean, just thinking of what he's overcome is incredible and add onto it that he's having a career year in this short time.

My Ranger jerseys include:

Girardi(black London Knights)

Lundqvist(Team Sweden)

Ortmeyer(blue)

Potvin Sucks(blue)

Shanahan(blue)

Shanahan(All-Star)

Well I dig Girardi and Callahan, as well as the guys I'd already mentioned. Ortmeyer's not bad either, but I like Prucha, Hossa, Cullen, Betts, Girardi and Callahan more. I know you didn't highlight Cullen, and I know he's not exactly "obscure", but I can't imagine he's a hugely popular jersey either. Hossa appeals to me (like the #). I'd like to see how Callahan and Girardi fair next year. Tyutin would appeal to me if the name didn't seem funny to me... it just always has. Betts appeals to me too. Forget the quest for obscurity, or just to be (slightly) unique with my jersey. Who would you go with?

The only issue I would have with Callahan and Girardi would be their numbers. They're rookies this year so those high numbers(43 and 46 respectively) might end up changing next year. Betts is a good choice. So is Tyutin. I've seen a few Tyutin jerseys around MSG this year. If I had to choose between those listed, I'd take Girardi. But if you like Hossa then get Hossa. There's nothing wrong with that at all. 81 is an odd number that looks good on a jersey.

My next Rangers jersey is gonna be a white Stephane Matteau...the same jersey he wore to score The Goal.

I found a beauty yesterday whist perusing eBay; a white Remparts jersey with Esposito #7 on the back. I can't wait for this baby to show up.

Nice find can't wait for the pics.

As an RPI fan- I am VERY tempted to get this sucka on ebay- its a signed Joe J jersey that he alledgely wore back in the day. And its only $113 so far!

0402_1.JPG

179f_1.JPG

As an RPI fan- I am VERY tempted to get this sucka on ebay- its a signed Joe J jersey that he alledgely wore back in the day. And its only $113 so far!

Am I getting this right? This jersey is game worn by Joe Juneau?

Am I getting this right? This jersey is game worn by Joe Juneau?

So says the ebays- of course you can take anything sold on there with a grain of salt but it is being offered by someone living in guilderland (near RPI) so its not outside the realm of possibility.

So says the ebays- of course you can take anything sold on there with a grain of salt but it is being offered by someone living in guilderland (near RPI) so its not outside the realm of possibility.

That's awesome I'd say go for it. I'm sure not many of those pop up.

That's awesome I'd say go for it. I'm sure not many of those pop up.

I am going to try and time it to get one of the last bids in. The bidding is current;y at 202 with 3 days left (might get pricey!).

I am going to try and time it to get one of the last bids in. The bidding is current;y at 202 with 3 days left (might get pricey!).

Any luck on that jersey....Hopefully you can snag it. Always like to see the real fans get the hard to get jerseys. Good luck!

I am very excited today, as I was able to add a jersey to my collection that I wasn't confident that I would be able to find.

In the year of the NHL 75th Anniversary, 1991-92, the Original Six teams wore "turn-back-the-clock" jerseys, especially in games where they played each other.

I already had the Bruins, Red Wings, Maple Leafs and Blackhawks. The Wings, Hawks and Bruins have also been reproduced in the CCM vintage line recently.

Today I was able to win an auction on ebay for the Rangers jersey shown at the bottom.

Rangers2.gif

Now I just have to decide on Messier, Leetch or Richter.

Oh nice pickup. Those jerseys were outstanding. I can remember watching Messier on the ice in his first game as a Ranger wearing that jersey against the Bruins. I'd go with Mess.

I am very excited today, as I was able to add a jersey to my collection that I wasn't confident that I would be able to find.

In the year of the NHL 75th Anniversary, 1991-92, the Original Six teams wore "turn-back-the-clock" jerseys, especially in games where they played each other.

I already had the Bruins, Red Wings, Maple Leafs and Blackhawks. The Wings, Hawks and Bruins have also been reproduced in the CCM vintage line recently.

Today I was able to win an auction on ebay for the Rangers jersey shown at the bottom.

Rangers2.gif

Now I just have to decide on Messier, Leetch or Richter.

Authentic or replica?

Just won this auction: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...p;rd=1&rd=1

This jersey is going to be a #8 Neely jersey. I'm using a lettering kit from Custom Crafted on this one. Custom Crafted is the company that customises the game worn Bruins jersey

I'm thinking of getting an All Star jersey from this year and was wondering if it was worth it?Also, is there any way to get the team logo on it?

You can pick one up from NHL.com for $174 (authentic) or or $69 (replica) and have icejerseys.com do the customization and then it's way worth it. I'm doing one (maybe two). I found the team patches on ebay. Just type the player's team "patch" and go through. They're easy to find, and IJ will attach them also.

Just won this auction: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...p;rd=1&rd=1

This jersey is going to be a #8 Neely jersey. I'm using a lettering kit from Custom Crafted on this one. Custom Crafted is the company that customises the game worn Bruins jersey

Neely wore that jersey style for just one year. To really do it up right, you need to add a 1996 NHL All-Star Game patch, perferrably with yellow trim and not white and the "A". :thumbsup:

The Rangers jersey is a replica. I think an authentic would go for ten times as much, if not more. While the older replicas were kind of sucky quality compared to today's, I'm not that picky and I could die of old age before an authentic ever came up for auction.

Lundqvist Rangers

Messier Rangers (Vintage if possible)

Sweden Lundqvist

Jagr Rangers

I've got this funny thing with only having my team for jerseys. More than just hockey, goes for football and basketball too.

I found a Gretzky Rangers jersey from 1999 on eBay the other day. The beauty of it is that it's a Starter authentic which is the EXACT type I've been looking for. The other good thing is I didn't pay an authentic price to get it either. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I found a Gretzky Rangers jersey from 1999 on eBay the other day. The beauty of it is that it's a Starter authentic which is the EXACT type I've been looking for. The other good thing is I didn't pay an authentic price to get it either. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

can you post a link to that auction?

I have been tossing these around for a while:

Latendresse - Vintage

Radulov - 3rd

Gaborik - Home

Z. Parise - Home

Phaneuf - Home

Kopitar - 3rd