Next on your list...

Mach_9

you can also try the forums at gameworjerseys.com and gameworn.net. that´s where all the game worn-crazies hang out :D sometimes you find real good offers on game worn jerseys. even Barry Meisel is a member or even the host/admin of one of these forums

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about some pictures of that? :D

where did you buy it and how much did it cost?

Just a replica, so nothing special. Hopefully, (I'm trying to find out if I can get it personalized at the Ducks game), I'll have a name and number on the back. Thought about Giguere. I will see what I can do on the pictures. I found it on sportsk.com and got $5 off of it so I only paid $70 after shipping. I've been wanting one for awhile. I figured I'd jump when I saw the size I wanted.

^Wow that is very tempting for me to buy a couple authentics and then ship them to icejerseys for customizing..however it's UPS..they would kick the crap out of me with duties I'm sure. So if any of my american friends would like to be charitable, feel free to pick a couple up for me ;)

My latest arrivals were a white skating Penguins Lemieux and a white Flames Joe Nieuwendyk captian's jersey. I'm pretty happy to get the Flames jersey, since I once had a game worn one and traded it away. I rather regret that deal and vowed to not let any of my game worn jerseys get away again.

With the Flames, I want to add a patch to it and have a few options. Rather a few actually...

1989 Stanley Cup Finals

1990 Flames 10th Anniversary (if I can find one)

1992 NHL 75th Anniversary

1993 Stanley Cup 100th Anniversary

With the first one, Joe wasn't captian, so that's not exctly accurate, and I'm not 100% sure about the timing on the 1990 10th Anniv. one. Perhaps I could remove the "C" and maybe cover it with an "A".

^Wow that is very tempting for me to buy a couple authentics and then ship them to icejerseys for customizing..however it's UPS..they would kick the crap out of me with duties I'm sure. So if any of my american friends would like to be charitable, feel free to pick a couple up for me ;)

I'm from the US and I sent in my UND jersey to get lettered and I'll let you know if I get hit up with any (I haven't in the past so we'll see this time). I should be here by the end of the month.

Very Nice. Is he a favorite player of yours?

• 2 weeks later...

Next jersey will be a cheap russian ebay special....red CCCP...Tretiak I guess. I wonder if there are any design with a bigass hammer and sickle as the crest....that'd be cool.

When i save up a bit more cash I'm looking to grab a couple of WHL jerseys. A Red Deer Rebels Phaneuf as he's one of my favourite players and a blank Calgary Hitmen in white as I'm a part time Flames fan and just think the hitmen logo is cool.

Any suggestions on where to get the WHL gear? Keeping in mind its gonna need International postage.

The bug has definitely bitten this aussie...<worried look>

Next jersey will be a cheap russian ebay special....red CCCP...Tretiak I guess. I wonder if there are any design with a bigass hammer and sickle as the crest....that'd be cool.

When i save up a bit more cash I'm looking to grab a couple of WHL jerseys. A Red Deer Rebels Phaneuf as he's one of my favourite players and a blank Calgary Hitmen in white as I'm a part time Flames fan and just think the hitmen logo is cool.

Any suggestions on where to get the WHL gear? Keeping in mind its gonna need International postage.

The bug has definitely bitten this aussie...<worried look>

Rivercitysports.com carries them but doesn't offering lettering on their junior jerseys. You may also want to contact the team through their teamstore. Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I was the winner of an ebay auction last night for an old 1994 Reebok Team Italy jersey. It's my first "Italia" jersey and I'm pretty happy to add a new country to my collection.

c0ee_1.JPG

Very Cool and Unique Jersey. Nice pickup.

Since the financial situation has picked up a bit, I've been considering my next jersey quite a bit. I'm still tempted to go with a Havlat sweater of some sort, but Henrik Zetterberg has crept onto and up to the top of my want list as well. My only hesitation now is spending ~$270 on an authentic when next year the sweaters will be changed and I may well like the new cut and any design alterations (major or minor) on the jerseys I'd be interested in. I know Chicago and Detroit are very unlikely to change, but you never know; the designs may simply look different on the new cut, even if they stay largely the same.

Since the financial situation has picked up a bit, I've been considering my next jersey quite a bit. I'm still tempted to go with a Havlat sweater of some sort, but Henrik Zetterberg has crept onto and up to the top of my want list as well. My only hesitation now is spending ~$270 on an authentic when next year the sweaters will be changed and I may well like the new cut and any design alterations (major or minor) on the jerseys I'd be interested in. I know Chicago and Detroit are very unlikely to change, but you never know; the designs may simply look different on the new cut, even if they stay largely the same.

This I am inclined to agree on, upon my return the the US of A, I was thinking about acquiring a new jersey but have decided I will wait until the new ones start coming out and get one of those. Not necessarily for the change in the cresting and other stuff but to be able to get one of the new ones at a somewhat early date. Plus it gives me the entire off season to decide on the team and player that I will want to have done up.

This I am inclined to agree on, upon my return the the US of A, I was thinking about acquiring a new jersey but have decided I will wait until the new ones start coming out and get one of those. Not necessarily for the change in the cresting and other stuff but to be able to get one of the new ones at a somewhat early date. Plus it gives me the entire off season to decide on the team and player that I will want to have done up.

My thinking pretty much. I'm also simply wondering if a team like Detroit makes minor alterations to their striping and such on the new jerseys. If I like it better than the old design and have just purchased a $275 Zetterberg jersey in the old style, I'll regret it. At the same time, I might very much dislike any changes Detroit makes because... they're Detroit... the jerseys should be left alone. Either way, it's really just an excersize in self control at this point - I'm eager to pick up a couple of jerseys, but hesitant to shell out full authentic price when the change is around the corner. I'll probably end up giving in and picking up one now and a few later.

Maybe a Havlat Sens jersey for now, since he played for them while the jerseys were as they are, and so a Sens jersey with the new cut would make no sense for him.

Very Cool and Unique Jersey. Nice pickup.

Thanks on the comment on the Italy jersey.

Unfortuantely the next day I got out bid on a 1993 Red Tackla Poland jersey. I really would have loved to added that, as I don't have a Poland jersey and it had a big heraldic eagle on the front, but I bid what I bid and it just wasn't enough. Maybe next time...

JeffB

-Trevor Linden Rookie Jersey-Golden with the skate logo

-Kevin Bieksa Vintage Blue Canucks

-Mattias Ohlund team Sweden before they went with the skinny nike ones.

-Trevor Linden Rookie Jersey-Golden with the skate logo

-Kevin Bieksa Vintage Blue Canucks

-Mattias Ohlund team Sweden before they went with the skinny nike ones.

Canucks fan? :P

After the Swedish twins commercial my love of the Sedins has been rekindled, but I wouldn't know which one to get if I was to decide I wanted one anyways, so I'll steer clear of that one...

Canucks fan? :P

After the Swedish twins commercial my love of the Sedins has been rekindled, but I wouldn't know which one to get if I was to decide I wanted one anyways, so I'll steer clear of that one...

Yes I am a Canucks fan.

The commercial is pretty good...Some[canucks] fans aren't happy with it. But I think it is ok.

I would get Henrik's I don't know why though.

Yes I am a Canucks fan.

The commercial is pretty good...Some[canucks] fans aren't happy with it. But I think it is ok.

I would get Henrik's I don't know why though.

I think the commercial is funny... light-hearted. It's not great - it's a little weird on some levels - but taking it for what it is (or simply seems to be) I find it enjoyable. I think if I were to get one it'd be Daniel, but I don't know if I could pick one, so I'll stay away at least until I can afford both.

My next jersey is up for question. I have a blank Phantoms jersey I want to get lettered and numbered by IceJerseys... I'm just waiting to hear back from them. I sent them a picture of the jersey lettered and numbered to see if they could do it, they haven't gone back to me yet. If not that.... an authentic 70s Flyers jersey with the 4 on the shoulder from when Ashbee passed.