Next on your list...

Mach_9

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is my next jersey. i won the auction last night.

i can't wait to hold it in my hands. I'm not really into game worn jerseys. but this one was at a good price while the game worn jersey of the regular season cost a lot more, especially J.R. jerseys

Great find on the jersey! (images removed in the reply for brevity's sake)

A lot of people, including me, expected him to wind up back here. Most fans are glad, but wish he would perform better this year. People in Phoenix never really hated JR when he left for the $$$ in Philly. He kept his house here and never said a bad word about Phoenix or the fans. I met him in person, he's a good guy.

Usually with me, a guy is "in" or "out" and stays that way. But not Roenick. I've never been back and forth about liking or disliking a guy like I have with him.

When and how he left Chicago, he was totally on the outs with me. Then he became a Flyer, which made things only worse. Then I saw him at the NHL All-Star game in 2004 in person. There was a practice that was open to the public. Sitting to our right up against the glass was a family of Roenick fans all wearing jerseys. Long after everyone else had left the ice, he was over there in front of them and they were tossing their jerseys over the glass to him and he stayed and signed all of them. They had at least 3, if not 4, of them. I thought that was really a class thing to do. But then...he starts doing TV work during the World Cup and says some really idiotic things and makes me mad again. Then he puts his foot in his mouth once more during the lockout and I can't stand him again. Then, he gets all humble and says all the right things about playing in Phoenix and I start thinking he's "in" again.

He's making me crazy! :wacko:

Oh, yea, next on my list of jerseys...

I really would like to get a 2002 NHL All-Star Game Mario Lemieux jersey. It's really proving hard to find even a blank one. I've been looking on ebay for a couple of months now. I can get all the 1994-1997 purple ones I want, and even a 1989-1993 style, but not a 2002. Weird.

Then he puts his foot in his mouth once more during the lockout and I can't stand him again. Then, he gets all humble and says all the right things about playing in Phoenix and I start thinking he's "in" again.

Haha, I remember that one. I was actually more on the players side during the lockout and he had made points I agreed with, and then his remarks surfaced I was pretty furious at him for the longest time. Once he explained himself on Best D*** Sports Show, I wasn't as ticked. When he got back here this year I got pretty excited. He's not the player I grew up watching, but still fun to watch.

I just received my 72 Atlanta Flames and 72 Islanders jerseys. Christmas came a little early. I love these 550 Vintage air-knits.

So I put on the Islanders one and took my wife to the auto repair place to pick her truck up. The guy behind the counter saw the jersey and that started a half-hour discussion on New York, etc. That was pretty cool.

ramage1-vi.jpg

ramage2-vi.jpg

Beautiful.

And don't let me catch anyone making fun of my dinosaur comforter!

EDIT: Which Flames jersey did you get; red or white? I have a red one but it's not an authentic. Still sweet though.

EDIT: Which Flames jersey did you get; red or white? I have a red one but it's not an authentic. Still sweet though.

The red one that IceJerseys is selling. Vintage line CCM replicas are my thing.

I like the Rockies jersey. I have one, just not numbered. I'm surprised you didn't get a Barry Beck one made.

Brilliant!: Nice Mitchell & Ness Jersey.

I'll tell you, I love the way the M&N's are put together. There's something about that material that feels a lot better than the airknit. I'm sure it breathes like a wet towel when worn though.

I got my Canucks 'Star Trek' Tiger Williams jersey today in the mail. Happy day!

I'll tell you, I love the way the M&N's are put together. There's something about that material that feels a lot better than the airknit. I'm sure it breathes like a wet towel when worn though.

I got my Canucks 'Star Trek' Tiger Williams jersey today in the mail. Happy day!

I have one of those black M&N Canucks Tiger Williams ones. My wife thinks it's the ugliest jersey I have, second to the Nashville mustard alternate. I feel like a space commander when I wear that V jersey. Engage!... B)

Now that I have my new Sabres jersey I am not really sure what I would really want next if I were to get another one this season, or if I am just gonna wait til next year and get one of the new designs, though I am probably going to pick up one of the new Idaho Steelhead jerseys this season.

Next is to get my UND jersey lettered here (just sent it in the mail today). It a green authentic. I'm turning it into Stafford, so I can wear it to sabres games.

My latest purchases...

Boston Bruins 1991-92 era black jeresy. Will certainly end up being a Bourque #77 with NHL 75th anniversary patch. Unless I choose to go Old School and just go with #7.

Boston Bruins 1995-96 Winnie the Pooh Alternate. Again going to be a Bourque #77 probably with the Bruins 75th Anniversary patch. Maybe the NHL 2000 if I can't find a 75th patch. This is also jersey #250 in my collection. :)

Minnesota North Stars black jersey. Going to be a Broten #7 with the NHL 75th patch and the North Stars 25th Anniversary. If it fits. It's a CCM large and some of those old ones run small. We'll see how it goes. Perhaps this one will be heading back on ebay...

Jeff

My latest purchases...

Boston Bruins 1991-92 era black jeresy. Will certainly end up being a Bourque #77 with NHL 75th anniversary patch. Unless I choose to go Old School and just go with #7.

I have a loose Bourque lettering kit for that. Unused and pre-sewn :D

Boston Bruins 1995-96 Winnie the Pooh Alternate. Again going to be a Bourque #77 probably with the Bruins 75th Anniversary patch. Maybe the NHL 2000 if I can't find a 75th patch. This is also jersey #250 in my collection. :)

Is this an authentic jersey?

man there are a couple of you guys that really know how to collect. Where do you get some of your authentic jerseys? I am looking an authentic Afinogenov jersey (new or old style), perhaps even game-worn. I just don't know the spots to look other then ebay maybe.

Ebay and Meigray are the two best for Game Worn that I know of. Up until this season, Meigray had a game-worn program with most of the NHL, this season they only have a few teams.

I've found 3 authentic jerseys on eBay, two of which were named. I've paid a total of about 150 bucks for all of them. It's almost like stealing! Of course, Victim takes the cake since his are game worn!

Byron's Hockeyland. I never bought anything from there (I don't need game-worn), but friends of mine have. Milton Byron occassionally does sports collectible shows. Try not to drool on the merchandise! :lol: