New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

http://i1246.photobu...zps4ea8300c.jpg

Kind of an interesting jersey as Holmlov normally wears the A. Only worn in Sweden's last game April 13 against Russia.

Odd thing is that the C is held on with double sided tape and the side that would be heat pressed to the jersey is facing out. Why not just go on and press it? How long could it possibly take. The name is pressed to the name plate which is sewn on and there is no evidence there ever was an A that was removed.

I'm learning that game worn jerseys are unique and often contain what would be considered mistakes if you were trying to customize one. Just can't figure the point in this one.

Ok, don't know why the link showed up and not the pic, but at least the link works.

Looks great! Got a pic of the nameplate? I'm seriously pursuing the project of getting a Sweden jersey, stripping it and having a Landeskog made, but I really want to get the nameplate done correctly (meaning not sewn twill letters), if I can. I'd love to see a close up of your Holmlov plate. Thanks, & congrats on the new jersey.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great! Got a pic of the nameplate? I'm seriously pursuing the project of getting a Sweden jersey, stripping it and having a Landeskog made, but I really want to get the nameplate done correctly (meaning not sewn twill letters), if I can. I'd love to see a close up of your Holmlov plate. Thanks, & congrats on the new jersey.

This is the only one I have at the moment. If you need a better pic of just the name plate let me know and I'll try to get it tomorrow. If I can't get it over the weekend it may be a while as I have a entire week of 12 hr days coming up.

006_zpsdfaacbdc.jpg

This is the only one I have at the moment. If you need a better pic of just the name plate let me know and I'll try to get it tomorrow. If I can't get it over the weekend it may be a while as I have a entire week of 12 hr days coming up.

No worries, no need if you're super busy. I will ask one further question, though...Do you know if the womens' jerseys are the same cut/same measurements (especially length neck to waist) as the mens' jerseys? I've read posts here and seen listings on Ebay that are contrary to each other on the subject. Thanks for your time.

No worries, no need if you're super busy. I will ask one further question, though...Do you know if the womens' jerseys are the same cut/same measurements (especially length neck to waist) as the mens' jerseys? I've read posts here and seen listings on Ebay that are contrary to each other on the subject. Thanks for your time.

Womens jerseys are definitely shorter. I don't know enough about sizing to tell you more than that. Still learning about jersey sizing. Also don't know if the men are wearing the Olympic style jerseys at other tournaments. The jerseys the women wore at this years world championships were the older square cut style air knit. I don't know what to call the Olympic jersey material or cut (other than awful).

I can take pics of both style name plates for you if you want. Not busy until Monday. Just watching football all day today and enjoying the weekend off. First one in almost a year.

003_zpsa0c9ccac.jpg

Thought I would go ahead and post these for you while I had a few minutes. Air knit.

002_zps165bb97f.jpg

Olympic jersey. Lettering is the same on both jerseys. Only jersey material and cut is different. Hope this helps and good luck in your search.

Thought I would go ahead and post these for you while I had a few minutes. Air knit.

Olympic jersey. Lettering is the same on both jerseys. Only jersey material and cut is different. Hope this helps and good luck in your search.

Wow, thanks. This pretty much contradicts what I've read about Sweden jerseys. I always thought/read that the nameplates had letters that were "dye injected" or what I assumed was some sort of screen printing, but numbers were sewn twill, like NHL jerseys. From what I can see on both of your jerseys the letters on the plate are cut from fabric, and heat pressed to the material, which is sewn to the jersey. That's actually good, since I anticipated having a hard time finding someone to screen print an exact font onto my tiny piece of material. Good news.

Another request, if you don't mind. Since you confirmed that the womens' jerseys are shorter, think you could get measurements from what you have -pit to pit and neck to waist - so I can compare and try to figure whether a womens' jersey would fit and what size is comparable to what I may wear? There is a listing on Ebay right now of an olympic jersey: http://www.ebay.com/itm/IIHF-Team-Sweden-Game-Worn-International-Hockey-Jersey-2010-Olympic-XL-Andersson-/150915061957?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D2718201723956157557%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D150915061957%26

and the seller says it is cut the same as a mens' jersey, but the numeric sizing is a little different. This 56 measures to 25.5 inches pit to pit, making it equivalent to a mens' 52 or so, which I can wear, and it has a wingspan of 64 inches. Just info gathering for reference. Would be a pity to put all this in and drop $100 or more on a jersey that won't fit or can't be customized properly. Thanks for your time.

Wow, thanks. This pretty much contradicts what I've read about Sweden jerseys. I always thought/read that the nameplates had letters that were "dye injected" or what I assumed was some sort of screen printing, but numbers were sewn twill, like NHL jerseys. From what I can see on both of your jerseys the letters on the plate are cut from fabric, and heat pressed to the material, which is sewn to the jersey. That's actually good, since I anticipated having a hard time finding someone to screen print an exact font onto my tiny piece of material. Good news.

Another request, if you don't mind. Since you confirmed that the womens' jerseys are shorter, think you could get measurements from what you have -pit to pit and neck to waist - so I can compare and try to figure whether a womens' jersey would fit and what size is comparable to what I may wear? There is a listing on Ebay right now of an olympic jersey: http://www.ebay.com/...d=150915061957

and the seller says it is cut the same as a mens' jersey, but the numeric sizing is a little different. This 56 measures to 25.5 inches pit to pit, making it equivalent to a mens' 52 or so, which I can wear, and it has a wingspan of 64 inches. Just info gathering for reference. Would be a pity to put all this in and drop $100 or more on a jersey that won't fit or can't be customized properly. Thanks for your time.

Jersey sizing is a complete mystery to me. There seems to be no real system. All my Sweden jerseys are womens cut and all made by Nike. Totally different sizing in all three styles.

The 2012 WC jersey is a 54 and my pre 2006 authentic is a 50. Exact same measurements. Length 28 inches neck to hem. 26 inches pit to pit. I can wear these.

Olympic jersey is also size 54. 29 inches from neck to front hem and 33 inches to longest part of back hem. 25 inches pit to pit. Not even close to being able to wear them.

While one inch difference doesn't sound like alot there is something odd about the way the Olympic jerseys fit. The jersey fits me ok across the chest. I have a huge problem with the way they fit across the hips. Maybe as a man you wouldn't have this problem. I would definitely consult the opinion of some other people here if you have any concern that it might not fit.

Jersey sizing is a complete mystery to me. There seems to be no real system. All my Sweden jerseys are womens cut and all made by Nike. Totally different sizing in all three styles.

The 2012 WC jersey is a 54 and my pre 2006 authentic is a 50. Exact same measurements. Length 28 inches neck to hem. 26 inches pit to pit. I can wear these.

Olympic jersey is also size 54. 29 inches from neck to front hem and 33 inches to longest part of back hem. 25 inches pit to pit. Not even close to being able to wear them.

While one inch difference doesn't sound like alot there is something odd about the way the Olympic jerseys fit. The jersey fits me ok across the chest. I have a huge problem with the way they fit across the hips. Maybe as a man you wouldn't have this problem. I would definitely consult the opinion of some other people here if you have any concern that it might not fit.

Again, thanks for your time and all the info. Sounds like olympic jerseys have a better chance at fitting more like a mens' jersey. The measurements of your olympic 54 sound like measurements of a mens jersey and are close to my Starter mens 48s, just an inch wider at the pits. Nick at WorldHockeyJerseys said he was going to get more World Junior Championship jerseys in soon from Sweden. Hopefully he has a mens that will fit at a decent price. If not, I'll keep womens' olympic jerseys in mind.

As for an extra inch making a difference, I'm pretty sure I've heard somewhere from a woman or two something about that inch making quite a difference indeed ;) . So, I don't think that's such a shocking statement.

As for an extra inch making a difference, I'm pretty sure I've heard somewhere from a woman or two something about that inch making quite a difference indeed ;) . So, I don't think that's such a shocking statement.

No problem, and good luck. Don't know if you've ever delt with WHJ before but Nick is great.

Indeed an inch is very important sometimes. But like real estate it's all in the location, location, location.

I used to own the one on eBay and I can tell you that it is tiny. It is more like a 48.

I used to own the one on eBay and I can tell you that it is tiny. It is more like a 48.

Is the length/fit comparable to a mens jersey? A mens 48 (24 inches pit to pit - a true 48) is perfect for me and the price is pretty good compared to the closed listings I've seen from WHJ. What are your thoughts on stripping it and making it into a Landeskog '12 WHC? I believe I read that Sec has had IceJerseys customize for her before (I assume she's had them do Sweden jerseys). Do you know of anyone who can do the customization for a Sweden jersey?

Is the length/fit comparable to a mens jersey? A mens 48 (24 inches pit to pit - a true 48) is perfect for me and the price is pretty good compared to the closed listings I've seen from WHJ. What are your thoughts on stripping it and making it into a Landeskog '12 WHC? I believe I read that Sec has had IceJerseys customize for her before (I assume she's had them do Sweden jerseys). Do you know of anyone who can do the customization for a Sweden jersey?

IJ did the customization for my two Sweden replicas and they did the customization on a couple of other jerseys I bought from them. They do great work but unless it's an NHL jersey you'll probably have to supply them with a name plate or they won't bother.

Not sure but I believe even a mens 48 in the 2010 Olympic jerseys is not close to a normal 48. Sizing is completely off for these. Everything about them is horrible. Cut, size, material all horrible. Andjust try to display one. It's impossible to get one to lay flat much less hang one and make it look presentable. Just my opinion though. I'll get off my soap box now.

IJ did the customization for my two Sweden replicas and they did the customization on a couple of other jerseys I bought from them. They do great work but unless it's an NHL jersey you'll probably have to supply them with a name plate or they won't bother.

Not sure but I believe even a mens 48 in the 2010 Olympic jerseys is not close to a normal 48. Sizing is completely off for these. Everything about them is horrible. Cut, size, material all horrible. Andjust try to display one. It's impossible to get one to lay flat much less hang one and make it look presentable. Just my opinion though. I'll get off my soap box now.

Yeah, it seems like the olympics from what I can tell look a lot like the Edge cut that Reebok does for NHL jerseys. The straight cut of the front with the curved lower tail and the Edges won't lay flat either. The pics I've seen look like the Edge material as well, which I'm not a fan of either. Think I'll wait and see what Nick gets in.

Well it is shorter sleeves than a 48 too. It is a Swift, which is a whole different animal. They are cut to be form hugging. As far as stripping it, that would be a shame because this is a game worn Olympics jersey. Your shirt of course, but it's the freakin Olympics!

Well it is shorter sleeves than a 48 too. It is a Swift, which is a whole different animal. They are cut to be form hugging. As far as stripping it, that would be a shame because this is a game worn Olympics jersey. Your shirt of course, but it's the freakin Olympics!

I've thought about the Olympic factor, too and I'm starting to think the same way. I think all the factors, including the ones you just mentioned are leading me to waiting for Nick to get in more WJHCs and go from there. Especially if the sleeves are short. I have long arms anyway & short sleeves on a jersey looks pretty silly. Plus, it is a chick jersey, after all. Would be a million times easier if Nike just made retail authentics.

I've been so busy with work this weekend that I completely forgot I had gotten this on Friday. A Titans black alternate from 2003-04 with the 5th anniversary patch:

onTitanscirca20032aSPauthentic-vi.jpg

onTitanscirca20032bSPauthentic-vi.jpg

If you're gonna fit in that thing properly you're gonna have to eat a lot of donuts to catch up to Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttttttttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy