New Arrivals v6.0

JeffB

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing a 2.0 WC Bruins customized with a player who never wore the jersey makes me wanna bang my head against the wall. Sorry to say this but IMO it's an epic fail. :(

Agreed. I feel the same when I see Messier and Leetch on the Heritage and WC jerseys.

That being said, this is still the good old US of A, land of the free and home of the occasional jersey foul. Until there is a jeresy czar who can impose their customizing will on the jersey collecting public, we must be tolerant of all sweaters, be they improperly customized or Devils, Flyers or Penguins-themed.

;)

The response above mine is indeed a little extreme, though seeing that you probably dropped $350+ on the shirt, it might be worthwhile to reconsider your lettering choice. The Bruins alums wore the CCM 550 replicas, but JB wasn't around for that either. If you wanted to make a legend WC shirt, use a CCM replica (as they wore those) for any of the following - Ray Bourque, Bobby Orr, Cam Neely, Terry O'Reilly, Milt Schmidt. Though, if you're cool with it, leave it as-is.

The response above mine is indeed a little extreme, though seeing that you probably dropped $350+ on the shirt, it might be worthwhile to reconsider your lettering choice. The Bruins alums wore the CCM 550 replicas, but JB wasn't around for that either. If you wanted to make a legend WC shirt, use a CCM replica (as they wore those) for any of the following - Ray Bourque, Bobby Orr, Cam Neely, Terry O'Reilly, Milt Schmidt. Though, if you're cool with it, leave it as-is.

Seeing a 2.0 WC Bruins customized with a player who never wore the jersey makes me wanna bang my head against the wall. Sorry to say this but IMO it's an epic fail. :(

I appreciate the responses - regardless of how others feel, and I can appreciate why you guys feel that way, though I might have hoped for a little warmer welcome with my thin Bostonian skin haha. There was 'some' reason behind the decision to throw Bucyk on the back. Namely I didn't really want a jeresey that anyone else had (seeing that Orr, Lucic, Bergeron, Savard and Chara are everywhere at the Garden), nor did I want a jersey for a player who might leave the team on bad terms later on (been there/done that with the Kessel disaster). That might not matter to some - as in the jersey will not be 'correct' for the game, and I can appreciate that. If I felt stronger about any of the names/numbers worn that day I might have reconsidered but at the moment I'm ok with having it the way it is. Having a Bourque and a Neely, and a B's 75th, I figured The Cheif would look pretty good on the sweater. The man was a HOF, Cup Champion and former captain with his number retired.

So keep banging your head against the wall if you want, just not for too long - you might miss the rest of the season and it's short enough as is.

And also patched up my 96 Oates. Thanks to xahlgoalie for the JB patch

Very nice, I have the same jersey with Gonchar. Very hard to find the home version of the JB Bulldog patch.

Late to the party, but grats on the McDonagh!

Thanks!! Loving the sweater big time! :thumbsup:

if it makes you happy then that is all that matters :thumbsup:

Agreed. I had hoped my post was not taken too harshly, more in jest. (Except the part about the Penguins and Devils.)

At the end of the day, you do what you find enjoyable and rewarding with respect to your collection.

I appreciate the responses - regardless of how others feel, and I can appreciate why you guys feel that way, though I might have hoped for a little warmer welcome with my thin Bostonian skin haha. There was 'some' reason behind the decision to throw Bucyk on the back. Namely I didn't really want a jeresey that anyone else had (seeing that Orr, Lucic, Bergeron, Savard and Chara are everywhere at the Garden), nor did I want a jersey for a player who might leave the team on bad terms later on (been there/done that with the Kessel disaster). That might not matter to some - as in the jersey will not be 'correct' for the game, and I can appreciate that. If I felt stronger about any of the names/numbers worn that day I might have reconsidered but at the moment I'm ok with having it the way it is. Having a Bourque and a Neely, and a B's 75th, I figured The Cheif would look pretty good on the sweater. The man was a HOF, Cup Champion and former captain with his number retired.

So keep banging your head against the wall if you want, just not for too long - you might miss the rest of the season and it's short enough as is.

I just realized you're new to the boards and starting with a post that contains a jersey that I'd rather see in my collection than in yours ;) especially when the work was done by CC. But to me it just hurts to see such a rare jersey being customized with a player who actually never wore it, no matter if it's Bucyk, Neely, Bourque or even Lazaro. But welcome to the boards and enjoy our posts. Sorry, if I offended you but I just wanted to share my opinion. :)

I'll be ready for your comment when I UPGRADE my Vintage Rangers Messier to a Lindros ;) (hearing the "booo!" already) :D

Lindros, Giant Douchebag.

Man id love to have an authentic winter classic Bs jersey, all I've got is my replica. That s*** is getting the Recchi treatment when I can afford it! Mr. OT Winner

A few pickups:

Home Claude Giroux 2.0 with A. Was banking on Timonen getting the C this year. So much for that. Thanks to Johnnyonthespot for taking it to a skate zone!

ZyjfX4e.jpg?1

w2IfJcn.jpg?1

Brayden Schenn Winter Classic 2.0. Got this from Kurt back in December (flyhighguys94). Thanks again bud.

UiHS9b3.jpg?1

Reebok 6100 blank. Not sure who to get customized on. Currently leaning towards Forsberg. But I'm open to opinions

hC71IoY.jpg?1

especially when the work was done by CC

That's an EPS kit on the WC. CC has been using the template from their standard fonts

Oh, and to zack, hopefully I didn't amplify the hate on the Bucyk job. It's always your call on a shirt and what you want to do with it. Though it might be a detractor if you do decide to sell it down the road. Otherwise, it's all you, and you'll look stylin' at the garden for sure. Though just wearing a 2.0 WC jersey puts you head and shoulders (and fight strap) above the rest, regardless of who's on it.

That's an EPS kit on the WC. CC has been using the template from their standard fonts

I'm not sure which would have been better. It seemed like earlier WCs that had been sent back to CC came back with inaccurate squared off fonts, and had to be returned to be fixed.

From what I can tell EPS did a good job matching the on-ice font lettering/numbering. Is there noticible differences that you can tell Angelo?

From what I can tell EPS did a good job matching the on-ice font lettering/numbering. Is there noticible differences that you can tell Angelo?

It's on the money for the nameplate and back number, as the team used the NHL's standard-issue font set instead of CC's tweaked version for the standard home/road/alt sets. The arm numbers seem a little off to me, but I'm probably just seeing things with the angle and all. The captain's C is only done correctly by CC, but it's pretty close for what it's worth. If you want, check it against the shape of the C in my signature or in the album. It should be the same.

My suspicions were right, they had a narrower 9 with more of a square for the hole. Yours is more like the home and road 9s

bs17.jpg

Thanks for p

It's on the money for the nameplate and back number, as the team used the NHL's standard-issue font set instead of CC's tweaked version for the standard home/road/alt sets. The arm numbers seem a little off to me, but I'm probably just seeing things with the angle and all. The captain's C is only done correctly by CC, but it's pretty close for what it's worth. If you want, check it against the shape of the C in my signature or in the album. It should be the same.

My suspicions were right, they had a narrower 9 with more of a square for the hole. Yours is more like the home and road 9s

bs17.jpg

Thanks for pointing that out. I had sent Josh reference photos of the 9s and I guess he got the back right but not the sleeves. Might have to go back and see if he can fix... remains to be see how much it's going to bother me now that it's been highlighted.. probably going to notice it every time I throw it on for a game... haha

I did some similar checking and it looks like the C is correct though. http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Zdeno+Chara+Blake+Wheeler+Bridgestone+NHL+4qDOBRBmhzUl.jpg

There seems to be a wider C on Chara's jersey than their normal home/away font.

How do you "upgrade a Messier to a Lindros"?

Trading in a Ferrari for a Hummer.

In this case, I'd prefer the Hummer. Italian cars... nevermind :D

I wouldn't upgrade if I had 2 of those V-jerseys ;)

And here's a pic of Savards gamer

img8685874.jpg

Awesome Giroux. Love that you went with the "A". There will be plenty of time for the "C".