New arrivals v5.0

Brilliant!

Canadian 1.0... no way in hell would I ever touch an Indo. Got it from Hockey Jersey Outlet on Ebay.

I think he only had two for a sale a 52 and a 50 right? I really want one but a 54 or a 56 but most likely I will be buying a gammer soon because I really want the 2.0s with the word mark.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he only had two for a sale a 52 and a 50 right? I really want one but a 54 or a 56 but most likely I will be buying a gammer soon because I really want the 2.0s with the word mark.

Yeah, that sounds about right. It came down to this jersey or a 1.0 Capitals Winter Classic. However that one was $50 more.

Johnny, that video may be the greatest thing ever.

You should watch their "I'm on a boat" music video...The best.

Hollywood nice! He had a lot of good games in that one for sure!

Great stuff congrats on the Wild Wings...

So I'm back from my 7 day vacation and it feels good to be back, so lets put all of that behind us on move on forward with our hobby and our way of life :thumbsup:

So for the past 3 weeks I was on a roll finding 94-97 All-Star jerseys and I hit the jackpot again and fond this wonderful 1994 WEST AS in a 54 and soon to be my Dave Taylor. For the nameplate I'll probably cut a replica up that is if I can pick one up for $30.

Moving on with much better jersey...

Here we have is a 1995/96 Set 2 Air-Knit Gary Shuchuk. Gary only played 6 seasons with the Los Angeles Kings and he's know best for ended the longest game in LA Kings history, a double overtime goal in game 5 of the 1993 Smythe Division finals against the Vancouver Canucks. The Los Angeles Kings later won the serious 4-2 and lost in the finals to the Habs 4-1. This would be the last Stanley Cup appearance for the Los Angeles Kings.

Then I also got this wonderful Kevin Todd 1995/96 Set 2 Air-Knit. I did find one image on Getty which the LA Kings played the Ducks on Nov 13 1995. What I want to know is if the Kings wore set 2 jersey in november or did they start wearing them in the beginning of 96. I did my research but came up empty so I was hoping one of the old schoolers on here maybe can help me out.

Alos from what I remember SUNGOD661 (sorry I don't know your name) mentioning that he has Kevind Todd's and Gary Shuchuks Burgur King jerseys. What a small world :thumbsup:

I also picked this authentic 1996 AS patch that will go on my AS Lemieux:

When did the Kings change from ultrafil to air knit?

When did the Kings change from ultrafil to air knit?

The Kings have worn both ultrafil and airknit at various times.

In 87/88, last year of the Forum Blue and Gold, both materials were used.

In the early 90's the regular season sets were ultrafil and the playoff sets airknit.

95/96 set 2 was airknit.

This is what I know for sure.

In 87/88, last year of the Forum Blue and Gold, both materials were used.

In the early 90's the regular season sets were ultrafil and the playoff sets airknit.

95/96 set 2 was airknit.

This is what I know for sure.

Good info, I have a 91-92 double tagged Great One in ultrafil and wanted to make sure I was not taken for a ride.

New York Rangers MDZ home blue set 3 2009/10 (Rookie Season)

196.jpg

199.jpg

Washington Capitals third set 1 2011/12 #85 Mathieu Perreault (WC Style)

189.jpg

194.jpg

Good info, I have a 91-92 double tagged Great One in ultrafil and wanted to make sure I was not taken for a ride.

Believe me this Air-Knit think was a spruce for me too when I found the jerseys. But they never made retail Air-knit authentics only Ultrafill. Is the Gretzky a gamer or a regular authentic that you have?

[

Washington Capitals third set 1 2011/12 #85 Mathieu Perreault (WC Style)

That Caps is glorious

Believe me this Air-Knit think was a spruce for me too when I found the jerseys. But they never made retail Air-knit authentics only Ultrafill. Is the Gretzky a gamer or a regular authentic that you have?

Authentic, if I had a Kings gamer I would retire!

95/96 set 2 was airknit.

I've always been curious about which regular season Chevy logo Kings sets were air-knit.

Unless there's some kind of mistake, it would appear that 95/96 set 1 would be ultrafil, according to this gamer:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=34&lotid=336

However, I wonder why it supposedly has a "Maska Ultrafil" neck tag, as I thought those were all gone by the end of 94/95. Could the Granato be recycled, or could it be an error in the listing as to the date? What do you guys think?

I rarely see a NY Rangers jersey I don't like. Very nice MDZ!

It's real, it was purchase during the AS game at the TD Garden from the Bruins Pro Shop. The patch still has its original tag.

IMG_1686.jpg

It can't be authentic, it says it right there "NOVELTY".

Seriously, though, just because it was bought from the pro shop does not make it authentic. Look at all those NHL licensed National Emblem patches...some of those are horrible, and not even close to the real deal.

ALWAYS compare with gamers for accuracy.

Both of these auctions say '2 available', so you might want to check with the seller to confirm it looks like the picture, but they look good -

Patch 1

Patch 2

I haven't actually compared with the gamer, but the fraying makes it authentic, right?

The Kings absolutely retailed CCM air-knit jerseys because I used to own one a few years back. It was black air-knit. I do know also that they wore the air-knit set for the Finals in 1992-93. That's why you see the ultrafil swatches with the Cup patch sewn onto air-knit jerseys. I'm just not sure if they used the air-knit throughout the playoffs. It could have been just a Finals thing. A Kings expert would know better than I.

Nice Ducks Jerseys. I'll probably won't get my hand on a wild wings but it's a nice jersey. I love the Scott Niedermayer and the Selanne. I plan on getting my Selanne 3rd redone.

I do know also that they wore the air-knit set for the Finals in 1992-93. That's why you see the ultrafil swatches with the Cup patch sewn onto air-knit jerseys. I'm just not sure if they used the air-knit throughout the playoffs. It could have been just a Finals thing.

What I'm curious about is why they used ultrafil swatches instead of air-knit. I'm not 100% sure on this but I think the same air-knits, marked 92-93 Set P, were used throughout the entire playoffs. If they started the Finals with a new air-knit set, there would be no need to even use a swatch, they could just sew the Cup Finals patch right on the jersey. It would only make sense to put a swatch on top of the existing air-knit set to cover the Stanley Cup 1893-1993 patch that would have already been on the jerseys when they were used in the first 3 playoff rounds. That way they wouldn't have to strip off each anniversary patch before adding the Finals patch.

I've always been curious about which regular season Chevy logo Kings sets were air-knit.

Unless there's some kind of mistake, it would appear that 95/96 set 1 would be ultrafil, according to this gamer:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=34&lotid=336

However, I wonder why it supposedly has a "Maska Ultrafil" neck tag, as I thought those were all gone by the end of 94/95. Could the Granato be recycled, or could it be an error in the listing as to the date? What do you guys think?

From what I can remember mharolde told me that the 95/96 sets 2's ware Air-Knits. I'll message him and find out he would know for sure.