Ebay 2.0

JeffB

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please remove my link as well. I figured I could list it here as well as my sale thread in The Trading Post since this is just eBay links. I wasn't trying to start a trend of people listing stuff here as well. My bad. Please delete.

Are you talking about this one?

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1436.l2649

If so, the cup patch is a replica, which may mean the others are as well. Either way, still a nice jersey.

IMO -

High - Mint condition, 100% authentic patches and customization, size 52-54:

$600-700....potential to reach $900-1000 if a bidding war breaks out between two collectors, both with loaded paypal accounts

Average - Very good condition authentic with replica patches and/or customization is slightly off, size 48-56:

probably around $400-500

Lower end - Good condition authentic with replica patches and customization is noticeably off:

they can still go for as much as $400 because some people don't know any better, but probably around $250-325 range

FYI - the same seller sold this one, not too long ago - http://www.ebay.com/itm/290594232101

I sold him that one for $375 US if I recall correctly. I sold it to him sans patches, but customized with Lemieux #66 already

Also hus the line " I've had this jersey since it's purchase in 1991..." is BS.....as it was purchased from me a few months ago....not sure exactly when....

isnt that the same person who kept relisting a white liberty richter awhile ago since he felt he didnt get what he wanted for it?

Is that the one where he filed a claim with paypal after 2 or 3 days?

yes that was the one I was telling you about, correct!

He filed a paypal dispute after 3 days after I'd shipped it and having sent me (no exaggeration here) 33 emails on eBay.....in 2 1/2 days.....

:mellow:

Dunno...description is a medium with a fight strap that looks new and the ccm logo looks like an add-on?

:unsure:

The strap snaps don't look right. The jersey itself is definitely legit as an 80's style with the CCM patch rather than embroidery but the strap doesn't look accurate. I do know that those jerseys sometimes came sans strap so it's possible that it was added after the fact.

Righto...and during that period, Minnesota used the longer loop-style strap. Methinks that velcro one was added by someone who didn't really know what it was.

No shipping to Canada, so you yankeedoodles can fight it out!

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f0db3f190

and I quote -

"I can change the auction to sell to Canada...I'm just not sure what shipping would cost me...I assume it would be more...I may do a flat rate $15?

I'll change the auction now."

Canuck power!!!

2896309150105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

update, and again I quote -

"I was in high school when I bought the jersey....but didn't have my drivers license yet...so it was purchased between August 1985 and April 1988. I did not add the tie down/fight strap. This was purchased this way... It was most likely purchased from M Sports in California...anything I had that was made in Canada (no red/white/blue CCM stitched patch -- instead with the color matched stitched through the jersey logo) were purchased from Cupolo's hockey."

ok here is my take on the north stars jersey, if the jersey was bought between 85 and 86 the ccm patch is good, thats what the north stars used they changed in 87 and went with a yellow and black ccm patch on the road north stars.

As for the fight strap again it was sometime after 87 that fight straps were introduced, what i fear this jersey is a blank ccm jersey, that a north stars logo was later added the reason for that is i find the placement of the main logo a little high, now i have seen this before but the fight strap makes me think this is some kind of frankenstein jersey i would need better pics of the main logo to know if the logo is original or not.

ALSO it is important to mention that it is not possible that the ccm patch found on that jersey (Blue and red) have a that type of fight strap

yes that was the one I was telling you about, correct!

He filed a paypal dispute after 3 days after I'd shipped it and having sent me (no exaggeration here) 33 emails on eBay.....in 2 1/2 days.....

haha god good are you kidding? I sold something to that guy too and had the same insane amount of questions. I was about ready to block him based on how annoying he was. Definitely the most hassle Ive ever had for a simple transaction.

As for the fight strap again it was sometime after 87 that fight straps were introduced, what i fear this jersey is a blank ccm jersey, that a north stars logo was later added the reason for that is i find the placement of the main logo a little high, now i have seen this before but the fight strap makes me think this is some kind of frankenstein jersey i would need better pics of the main logo to know if the logo is original or not.

ALSO it is important to mention that it is not possible that the ccm patch found on that jersey (Blue and red) have a that type of fight strap

'86-87 for snap/velco style for the North Stars, but many teams had them before then. As for the logo, i've seen many gamer North Stars with the logo all over the place.

As for the last statement that's it's not possible, well, I've seen sooo many different anomolies out there, and especially in the 80s when sooo many jerseys were recycled. It's quite possible the suppliers had an older jersey, sans-fight strap, and the team, a local supplier, a retailer, etc, added a newer strap to it.

Nothing is impossible during the 80s hodge podge years.

I've actually been back and forth with the seller tonight quite a bit (we've been chatting about the 89 super series, which he attended, the basturd!) Anyways, he seems very genuine about everything, and he's actually provided quite a bit of details regarding old stores he used to visit, games he used to attend, etc. I think he's just a 40 year old dude who's decided to sell off an old jersey that he bought when he was a kid, and that the jersey was probably purchased that way. Oh well, I suppose you can all come to your own conclusion, but based on what I've heard, I don't think he altered it at all, and I don't think he's out to screw anyone....is my two cents :)

Oh I completely agree what I meant by it's not possible is that a retail jersey or spare jersey should not have the ccm red and blue patch with a button fight strap could someone have added it ? Absolutely but because of the sellers description and the pics I have a sneaking suspicion it's a frankenstein jersey.

Secondly I am aware other teams had the snap fight strap before that but the north stars did not, as for the team doing that I think we are talking about this particular jersey that the seller claims he bought at a sporting store.

When I look at a jersey I always go with the theory that where there is smoke there is fire and this jersey has too many elements that make me recommend buyer beware!

Even if the fight strap was added (and is technically incorrect), how hard is it to replace? The collar and gussets tell me it's legit, and a pro authentic blank mesh CCM road North Stars from the mid 80s is quite a rare find to say the least. Mind you, I suppose I shouldn't be encouraging you to bid on it...BUYER BEWARE!!! NO ONE BID ON THIS JERSEY !!!! :P

I have seen a few blank ccm jerseys in the past the one thing the blanks always had in common in the mid 80's was no fight strap ,add to that this jersey has a a main logo placed a little high and a fight strap type incorrect for the ccm tag and it tell me don't bid , now if you want to bid go ahead I am giving you my opinion here I am not the definitive voice on all things jersey but my experience tells me red flag.

The rest is up to you or anyone else wanting to buy that particular jersey

As for me I don't think getting a bunch of peices from other jerseys make a jersey nice I call those frankenstein jerseys people are free to buy whatever they want.

I didn't see anyone address the comment on the size being "M" instead of a number. Is that likely for that time?

I think this was added after our discussion in the description, and the answer is no it is not normal the tag should say nothing that is why almost all the gamers have the size written in ball point.

Bottom line this jersey has to many questions and looks like it was "put together"

On another note Slim this is the second time you patronize me in a thread if you dont like my opinion just ignore it there's no need to to attempt to patronize. OThers on the board have also talked to me about your holy then though attitude, I don't think it was necessary to type in large font my comment of buyer beware to add to that you have no idea what you are talking about.

If you want to continue this conversation private message me otherwise I'm done with dealing with it.

The North Stars logo is identical to my Ciccarelli, and it's 100% legit. Notice how the top of the star looks like it's cut off? Any of the authentics I've seen from that era have that same missing point. So if he did frankenjersey, he did it with an authentic...which doesn't make sense.

As for the size, most CCM jerseys (all?) back then didn't have size tags; they would normally have the size written in blue ball point pen on the wash tag, if it was added at all.

2695866670105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

If you want an accurate size, message him and find out the pit to pit measurement (at the gusset), then double it. 24" = 48, 25" = 50, 26" = 52, etc....That said, jerseys back then fit smaller than in the 90s, 2000s, and today. A size 48 back then could be quite small.

On another note Slim this is the second time you patronize me in a thread if you dont like my opinion just ignore it there's no need to to attempt to patronize. OThers on the board have also talked to me about your holy then though attitude, I don't think it was necessary to type in large font my comment of buyer beware to add to that you have no idea what you are talking about.

If you want to continue this conversation private message me otherwise I'm done with dealing with it.

Well s***, George, don't be shy...

a) this has nothing to do with you, personally, it has to do with the topic at hand...I have no idea why you're taking it so personally

b ) if you're willing to throw false information up, I'm willing to correct (and I will back it up with pics and proof)

My hollier than though attitude stems from people like you who missinform others

c) I am GOD, don't forget it (that goes for everyone else out there as well)

d) that said, which god am I? doesnt' matter...take everything I say for what it's worth, with a grain of salt

As George has implied...er...said flat out - I don't know what I'm talking about.