Ebay 2.0

JeffB

Slim I said nothing false, I said that the wash tag would have the size written in ball point pen exactly like you did and yes it's Not all ,most have it written in ball point and some have nothing. Putting your attitude aside for a minute what exactly did I say that was wrong?

I stated that type of fight strap does not belong there and secondly I stated the logo was too high. I said the ccm patch was accurate for the jersey. Lastly I said base on what I see i think this jersey was put together and not simply had a fight strap added to it.

Also I said I have seen blank ccm jerseys of that era identical to authentics, he could have bought one of the blanks and added the logo and fight strap. Now I know you may not believe this but sometimes people have opinions that are different from yours it does not mean you get to patronize them. More then one person has been annoyed by your antics and I thin it's unnecessary. Do you think this is a competition who knows more? I gave my opinion which is based on facts if you don't agree that's fine you are allowed what I have a problem with is you decide it's ok to try and make fun of me.

Slim like I said if you want to continue this private me it's unnecessary to post this on an open forum so please if you have anything else to add that's not jersey related private me I would be happy to discuss it with you, otherwise stick to the jersey.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slim I said nothing false, I said that the wash tag would have the size written in ball point pen exactly like you did and yes it's all not most excuse my use of the wrong prefix. Putting your attitude aside for a minute what exactly did I say that was wrong?

I stated that type of fight strap does not belong there and secondly I stated the logo was too high. I said the ccm patch was accurate for the jersey. Lastly I said base on what I see i think this jersey was put together and not simply had a fight strap added to it.

Also I said I have seen blank ccm jerseys of that era identical to authentics, he could have bought one of the blanks and added the logo and fight strap. Now I know you may not believe this but sometimes people have opinions that are different from yours it does not mean you get to patronize them. More then one person has been annoyed by your antics and I thin it's unnecessary. Do you think this is a competition who knows more? I gave my opinion which is based on facts if you don't agree that's fine you are allowed what I have a problem with is you decide it's ok to try and make fun of me.

Slim like I said if you want to continue this private me it's unnecessary to post this on an open forum so please if you have anything else to add that's not jersey related private me I would be happy to discuss it with you, otherwise stick to the jersey.

You called me out...and notice how at the bottom of my post I said, and I quote -

Oh well, I suppose you can all come to your own conclusion, but based on what I've heard, I don't think he altered it at all, and I don't think he's out to screw anyone....is my two cents

That means you can have/come up with your own opinion.

I'm done George, this is pointless, but for the record, you said, and again I quote -

"As for the fight strap again it was sometime after 87 that fight straps were introduced"

But slim, the jersey is altered it has the wrong fight strap, that's besides the point here if you feel comfortable buying then go for it, I would be careful. That's why we have a forum to discuss opinions that may differ one from the other, the only reason called you out was because I felt you were patronizing me.

I respect your opinion it differs from mine that's all but nowhere did I type in large font " let's all bid because slim says it is good" or something like that you decided to make it personal. I think we both have spent to mu h energy on this, it's over people can make up their own minds reading both our posts. I will say I am more of a gamer guy then a authentics guy and that I value everyone's opinion.

I did not state anything false I posted the facts and then my opinion could my opinion be wrong sure ...but so can yours.

But slim, the jersey is altered it has the wrong fight strap, that's besides the point here if you feel comfortable buying then go for it, I would be careful. That's why we have a forum to discuss opinions that may differ one from the other, the only reason called you out was because I felt you were patronizing me.

I respect your opinion it differs from mine that's all but nowhere did I type in large font " let's all bid because slim says it is good" or something like that you decided to make it personal. I think we both have spent to mu h energy on this, it's over people can make up their own minds reading both our posts. I will say I am more of a gamer guy then a authentics guy and that I value everyone's opinion.

I did not state anything false I posted the facts and then my opinion could my opinion be wrong sure ...but so can yours.

Right, we can all be wrong, but we probably shouldn't take things personally if we're corrected.

How 'bout this, put your feelings aside, and don't take ANYTHING I say personally. As you've already stated, I don't know what I'm talking about, and clearly you do not respect my opinion.

Ain't no thing. You're a good older gentleman, George (notice how I didn't say good kid? I was going to, but caught myself...force of habit) and we should all be entitled to our opinion here.

Take care, and brush your hair !!! (Just another saying...not meant to be taken litterally)

Now rock on!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGGlENF7dto

I think this was added after our discussion in the description, and the answer is no it is not normal the tag should say nothing that is why almost all the gamers have the size written in ball point.

Bottom line this jersey has to many questions and looks like it was "put together"

On another note Slim this is the second time you patronize me in a thread if you dont like my opinion just ignore it there's no need to to attempt to patronize. OThers on the board have also talked to me about your holy then though attitude, I don't think it was necessary to type in large font my comment of buyer beware to add to that you have no idea what you are talking about.

If you want to continue this conversation private message me otherwise I'm done with dealing with it.

I know nobody asked me but...

My first thoughts were... Its a hard to find jersey and if you are a collector its a nice pick-up. Maybe not if it's only an "investment." If I was looking for an older North Stars jersey and exhausted all possible means of obtaining one, I'd be all over it.

As for the "Buyer Beware" comment, I understood Slim not to be patronizing...My take was he was saying "Don't bid on this jersey..., I'm interested in it and it will keep the price down for me."

Oh no....well, now you're BOTH banned for admitting to liking that abortion of a "metal" album. Ewwwwwwww.

Besides, everyone knows Metallica was disbanded after "...and Justice for All".

Oh no....well, now you're BOTH banned for admitting to liking that abortion of a "metal" album. Ewwwwwwww.

Besides, everyone knows Metallica was disbanded after "...and Justice for All".

######! They disbanded? I Have tickets to their concert next Wednesday at the Stadium.

Slim you Didn't correct me about anything and on a final note you are a clown :)

And if I wanted to say don't bid I would have said don't bid i instead said buyer beware.

As for the "Buyer Beware" comment, I understood Slim not to be patronizing...My take was he was saying "Don't bid on this jersey..., I'm interested in it and it will keep the price down for me."

That's exactly what I was going for...and still am - NO ONE ELSE BID!!! :P

I was the bidder on the North Stars jersey. I removed my bid and the buy it now is now back. Anyone wants it, its theirs for a good price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270812836240

i could not find anything on jersey from the years the seller listed..but from what i could find it looks like it should be made by Steichens??? Whatever that is but definitely not by CCM, and the Stars jerseys that were made by CCM had a green and white ccm patch on the bottom hem. It is a very interesting jersey and the fact it was from 4 years before i was born is cool but according to all the pictures on the world wide web it doesnt quite match up. Or maybe its just too rare?? :blink:

Steichen's was the company that did the customization for the North Stars back then. That's why their name was on the hem. Just like the Rangers/Devils with Cosby's, Penguins with Century Sports, Blues/Bruins Custom Crafted, Blackhawks with Gunzo's, Red Wings with Eastside and so on and so forth.

Steichen's was the company that did the customization for the North Stars back then. That's why their name was on the hem. Just like the Rangers/Devils with Cosby's, Penguins with Century Sports, Blues/Bruins Custom Crafted, Blackhawks with Gunzo's, Red Wings with Eastside and so on and so forth.

I knew i would learn something interesting today..so how come any pictures i could find on the internet didnt show a red and blue CCM logo? In fact i couldnt find one from the mid 80's that had a CCM logo at all.

Odds are if you're looking at a jersey from the 1984-1986 time frame, it'll have the patch. CCM used it on all their jerseys after purchasing the Sport Maska Company. I guess it was just a simple method for the time. I'm pretty sure they started to do the color-specific embroidery beginning in 1986-87.

Odds are if you're looking at a jersey from the 1984-1986 time frame, it'll have the patch. CCM used it on all their jerseys after purchasing the Sport Maska Company. I guess it was just a simple method for the time. I'm pretty sure they started to do the color-specific embroidery beginning in 1986-87.

Thats some pretty wicked stuff, thanks for the knowledge Mike..i'll see you at the Titans!

That's correct, I have some pics at home that I can post later of '84-86 gamers with the same red red blue sewn on ccm patch.

That's correct, I have some pics at home that I can post later of '84-86 gamers with the same red red blue sewn on ccm patch.

That'd be cool, are you going to buy the one listed? $99 isnt bad at all.

No, in all honesty I think it's a great deal, though. I'm kind of in a bind right now and am pinching every penny I can for another jersey....plus I already have my '87-88 Dino, so I don't need it.

If I had some money to spare, I probably would.

I'm very confident that thing would sell for a lot more than $100 if the bids were to run for a week...someone even asked about a buy-it-now (questions section) but probably hasn't noticed that it's returned.

Proper ccm mesh, collar, tagging, under-arm gussets, and hem patch. The fight strap may be incorrect, but it's easily removed/replaced. And, as far as my opinion counts, that crest looks identical to my authentic. If he did put it together, he got an authentic crest.

If anyone's considering it, just message the seller and ask -

1 - does it have double elbows

2 - measurements from pit to pit, sleeve length, collar to bottom hem

Once confirmed, jump, I don't think it'll last too long.

haha god good are you kidding? I sold something to that guy too and had the same insane amount of questions. I was about ready to block him based on how annoying he was. Definitely the most hassle Ive ever had for a simple transaction.

I am serious........while it was happening I was actually discussing it with our friend DaNoobie, as he went through dealings with him too and how annoying it could be.....

No, in all honesty I think it's a great deal, though. I'm kind of in a bind right now and am pinching every penny I can for another jersey....plus I already have my '87-88 Dino, so I don't need it.

If I had some money to spare, I probably would.

I'm very confident that thing would sell for a lot more than $100 if the bids were to run for a week...someone even asked about a buy-it-now (questions section) but probably hasn't noticed that it's returned.

Proper ccm mesh, collar, tagging, under-arm gussets, and hem patch. The fight strap may be incorrect, but it's easily removed/replaced. And, as far as my opinion counts, that crest looks identical to my authentic. If he did put it together, he got an authentic crest.

If anyone's considering it, just message the seller and ask -

1 - does it have double elbows

2 - measurements from pit to pit, sleeve length, collar to bottom hem

Once confirmed, jump, I don't think it'll last too long.

:angry:

i was the one that asked him about a bin price...that was the reply he sent me and when i replied back "so, what's the bin price?", he never responded.

pissed he put one on AFTER i asked twice but so be it!

:noway: