Ebay 2.0

JeffB

I won it - now I get to find out how painful it will be to try to strip the crest and turn it into something like this:

43-f.jpg

It will be VERY painful for we former Phantoms supporters... :noway:

Actually, they sold all the specialty replica jerseys at the games so there's a few out there but I'm not surprised that they dont show up on auction very much as they are really cool jerseys.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be VERY painful for we former Phantoms supporters... :noway:

I promise if when I get it there's no way I can safely strip it, I'll offer it up to one of you Phantoms fans.

Yeah, I can't say anything on his prices, but he's helping me try to locate a pretty hard to find jersey in Finland. Class act!

Yeah he is a nice guy, I just wish he would have sold that jersey for less......

Luckily, as I mentioned in another post, probably on a different thread, I tracked down who it went to.

Unfortunately he wants about the same for it.......

I promise if when I get it there's no way I can safely strip it, I'll offer it up to one of you Phantoms fans.

The way that SP glued the crests on AHL replica will make it very difficult to remove that without seriously damaging the material. They did not just glue the edges, but every nook and cranny of the underside of the crest was (usually) bonded to the material. If it's glued that way, it probably will not be easily removable.

I am a Phantoms Fan let me know

I was trying to buy this from him -

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pittsburgh-Penguins-J-Caufield-jersey-sz-54-w-All-Star-/330597486267?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf9254ebb

but he 'sold it to his cousin' instead...###### cousin!!!

I looked at that too as well as the '93 Preseason worn one he had up at the same time. Of course the grail comes up as soon as I close for something else. Bastages

I was trying to buy this from him -

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pittsburgh-Penguins-J-Caufield-jersey-sz-54-w-All-Star-/330597486267?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf9254ebb

but he 'sold it to his cousin' instead...###### cousin!!!

I messaged him as well :)

Got the same story, though he said he gave it to him..........

I messaged him as well :)

Got the same story, though he said he gave it to him..........

Oh, I acutally believe him...I just need to know where to find this cousin of his :fight:

Ugh, snapbacks. I remember buying almost that same hat at K-Mart for $5.

When did they become cool and so expensive again?

I don't know I'm sure some rapper brought them into style. I still thank Mr. Puff for making throwbacks cool, and whoever made fitteds cool because frankly, they're sweet.

Yes it is totally legit.....not surprised it went for so high.....the three patch jerseys are very desireable.........

Another one i was looking at about 6-8 months ago sold for $900 (away black version and signed by Lemieux)

First time I've seen a Gretzky double-tagged jersey with both NHL shields on the OUTER edge of the hem. Lettering is off though, kind of a shame.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-DBL-STARTER-NY-RANGERS-GRETZKY-JERSEY-56-UDA-/150646287847?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231337ede7

First time I've seen a Gretzky double-tagged jersey with both NHL shields on the OUTER edge of the hem. Lettering is off though, kind of a shame.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-DBL-STARTER-NY-RANGERS-GRETZKY-JERSEY-56-UDA-/150646287847?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231337ede7

Seen that one before........I have seen other UDA Gretzkys like this.........not sure why they goofed that up.......

Haha, but he'll include a silver bar and a gold bar if you use Buy It Now!

I don't know if it's just me, but I find it kind of annoying when sellers put "authentic" in the item title and description, and then when I look at the pictures it turns out to be a replica...