JeffB

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: It's so shiny.. I could use it as a reflective vest. :rolleyes::lol:

Very much so ... here's the Gretz white liberty GI they had at MeiGray:

img7520729.jpg

Just wondering, did anyone else notice that on that Gretzky Starter White Liberty the Embroidered NHL logo's are actually different in size and style. The one on the Right side conforms with the usual Starter style, however the one on the Left looks like a CCM style logo. I always imagined that Starter would have produced these with the double logo's at the factory and they should be identical. The Starter logo itself looks the same on both sides too but the one on the left actually has a couple gaps in the points of the star that the other side doesn't. Any explanation for this...? Maybe custom embroidered for Wayne by a different company or machine after original production?

Hatcher replica listed as "Authentic... Game Jersey." Someone's paying at least $200 for it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Derian-Hatcher-Dallas-Stars-Game-Jersey-/330594869111?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4cf8fd5f77

Hatcher replica listed as "Authentic... Game Jersey." Someone's paying at least $200 for it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Derian-Hatcher-Dallas-Stars-Game-Jersey-/330594869111?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4cf8fd5f77

Check out the bids though..

The auction price was at $43 and the next bid was up to $200.

Check out the bids though..

The auction price was at $43 and the next bid was up to $200.

There was a reserve price though, so the seller must have thought it was worth a lot.

Pretty sure it just means that there was/is a reserve at $200 and someone was crazy enough to meet it.

Ah, that makes sense.

$200 for a used replica, I really hope that person loves it

Ah, that makes sense.

$200 for a used replica, I really hope that person loves it

I'm calling shenanigans here. There's no way someone would bid that much on a customized authentic of pretty much any player, let alone a replica. That's ridiculous. Be prepared to see that one relisted sometime soon. Or the seller will offer it to the "next highest bidder."

I'm calling shenanigans here. There's no way someone would bid that much on a customized authentic of pretty much any player, let alone a replica. That's ridiculous. Be prepared to see that one relisted sometime soon. Or the seller will offer it to the "next highest bidder."

I wouldn't be so surprised. People do have different priorities. I remember Barry explaining their game issued prices by talking about how some people refuse to buy game worn jerseys because they are "dirty". Like I said people have different priorities. Could be a guy looking for his first jersey, who's favorite player is Derian Hatcher.

I believe he is a Hodgson fan, not Hatcher.

:lol:

I won it - now I get to find out how painful it will be to try to strip the crest and turn it into something like this:

43-f.jpg

That's one of my friend Mikko's jerseys. Great guy.

Ah you know the guy?? I was contacting him a while back since he had the only gamer I really wanted.....the 05/06 Lindros Leafs Alt Set 1......he wanted more than I wanted to spend on it though.....

Ah you know the guy?? I was contacting him a while back since he had the only gamer I really wanted.....the 05/06 Lindros Leafs Alt Set 1......he wanted more than I wanted to spend on it though.....

Yeah, I can't say anything on his prices, but he's helping me try to locate a pretty hard to find jersey in Finland. Class act!

I won it - now I get to find out how painful it will be to try to strip the crest and turn it into something like this:

43-f.jpg

Wow that looks pretty awesome......

Reminds me of this design....

I love the "flag" design on national jerseys.......

2680783420100337552YLDpVG_th.jpg (Sorry Jeff for using your image here without asking first, it was the first good photo to show up in a Google image search)