Ebay 2.0

JeffB

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody here get this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280710791634#ht_3130wt_1396

I got outbid at the last second. Hopefully somebody here won it.

No was looking into it as I won the White Libery jersey from the same seller

No was looking into it as I won the White Libery jersey from the same seller

Atleast the Libery went to a good home - I was the bidder you beat because I was being too cheap :P

Atleast the Libery went to a good home - I was the bidder you beat because I was being too cheap :P

Yes I was surprised it went for that as I see a lot of members here and other sites as that being one of the jerseys sought after . I am not sure who to put on it as of yet .

Apparently I was being cheaper than both of you. I would have loved to have that one, but I can't justify spending that kind of money since I just added up my total spending costs since I joined here 6 months ago. Needless to say that it is not pretty.

Apparently I was being cheaper than both of you. I would have loved to have that one, but I can't justify spending that kind of money since I just added up my total spending costs since I joined here 6 months ago. Needless to say that it is not pretty.

Lame excuse...BOOOOOOO!!!! :blush:

Money will always be around, however, that liberty jersey is rare!

Would you like to take a look at my excel spreadsheet? I don't think so...

I'd love to! Send 'em over. Mine are guaranteed worse/better? than yours :thumbsup:

Check your PM

Personally I hate that eBay added purchase history that goes back past 60 days ... I always used to feel a sigh of relief when on of my bigger purchases fell off the list.

Now I'm able to go back and see how much I overspent on things 2 years ago -_-

^ How come the numbers are wrinkled on the custom job? It's the second one I've seen like that

On the Gretz? All the old oilers kits were very soft material (satin, I believe, or something similar), and the middle layer is a very fine/soft/tight-knit embroidery. Same thing as the old Jets names/nameplates.

If ever you find any original Oilers without wrinkles, or if it has a twill kit, chances are good that it's a fake or a reproduction of some sort.

From what I've seen and heard over the years, the Oilers had a stock pile of old supplies, and took most of their no-name gamers, and practice jerseys (often just blank game jerseys), and had them customized as some of the bigger names (Gretz, Mess, Kurri, Fuhr, etc), and in 2005 the team had a huge sale and sold most of them off as 'game-worn, but not by the player on the jersey' jerseys, with meigrey LOAs.

To date, the only 80s Oilers I've seen that are branded as authentics, are no-name gamers turned into the HOFers, like my Coffey (a few minor marks, but no worse for wear :) ) -

2961915530105778501S425x425Q85.jpg

From what I've seen and heard over the years, the Oilers had a stock pile of old supplies, and took most of their no-name gamers, and practice jerseys (often just blank game jerseys), and had them customized as some of the bigger names (Gretz, Mess, Kurri, Fuhr, etc), and in 2005 the team had a huge sale and sold most of them off as 'game-worn, but not by the player on the jersey' jerseys, with meigrey LOAs.

To date, the only 80s Oilers I've seen that are branded as authentics, are no-name gamers turned into the HOFers, like my Coffey (a few minor marks, but no worse for wear :) ) -

I didn't know teams did that sort of thing. I hope the LOA actually says that the jersey was most likely not worn by the player on it, since there wouldn't be any original population reports for anything that old, right? Or do these 1980's jerseys actually get added to a population report done in the 2000's? How does that work? (I know it's important to do your homework before getting a gamer, but this type of situation would make it even more so, I suppose.)

If you have documentation for your Coffey, I'd be curious to hear what it says about it.

I didn't know teams did that sort of thing. I hope the LOA actually says that the jersey was most likely not worn by the player on it, since there wouldn't be any original population reports for anything that old, right? Or do these 1980's jerseys actually get added to a population report done in the 2000's? How does that work? (I know it's important to do your homework before getting a gamer, but this type of situation would make it even more so, I suppose.)

If you have documentation for your Coffey, I'd be curious to hear what it says about it.

I'm not sure how it works, but I don't have an LOA with my Coffey :(

I do, however, have a re-occuring dream that one of you will just randomly send me a bunch of game action Coffey pics, all of which would unarguably photo-match mine as a true Coffey gamer....then I wake and my special area is wet...TMI? Hmmm....

What size is it? Coffey tended to wear smaller sized jerseys during his tenure. He's one of the few players that I can recall actually using a size 48!

What size is it? Coffey tended to wear smaller sized jerseys during his tenure. He's one of the few players that I can recall actually using a size 48!

The Nike's were all L and XL, and the 2 XLs and up simply had a 2 or extra X written in ball point pen beside it.

That said, I think they all fit smaller than today's jerseys, of course. I'd have to check when I get home for the extact measuements, but it's tagged an XL.

On which teams did he wear size 48? He wore size 50 with the Wings and Flyers and size 52 with the Bruins.

We really need a "jersey care FAIL" thread on here, and I nominate this one as the first entry:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330594280213#ht_500wt_1413

Pictures are worth a thousand words...

We really need a "jersey care FAIL" thread on here, and I nominate this one as the first entry:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...3#ht_500wt_1413

Pictures are worth a thousand words...

At least im not the only person who lays hockey jerseys out on the lawn......

But seriously, the market for grass stained hockey jerseys must be increasing haha

Detroit and Pittsburgh I know for sure he did and maybe even Los Angeles.

I did a quick research and found a Nike Oilers size Large, Kings 52, Red Wings 50 and 52, Whalers 52, Flyers 50, Bruins 52, All Star jerseys 50 and 52. I can't really tell if he wore 48 with those teams but there is a Penguins jersey he wore in size 48. I don't know if it was some sort of hype among the players getting bigger jerseys season after season. Mark Messier for example went from size 52 CCM Mesh jersey up to size 58 KOHO jersey.

Sources:

http://www.dropthepucks.com/sotg/inventory.html

http://www.classicauctions.net/

Great, next week there will be a new thread "Removing dog-doo stains..."

That should certainly cover some of the most obscene outdoor stains.