It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

No, no...the Habs actually wore ULTRAFIL jerseys with the Starter logo on the hem. All the other Starter teams either wore the mesh or the spongy air-knit stuff.

One good way to fix that Gretzky jersey is to strip the Gretzky off of it. :D

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And next is this white Gretzky. The seller was nice enough to double bag it, but it's all wrinkled and they creased almost every number and letter. What do I do now...

All you have to do is gently iron the underside of the numbers. Just turn it inside out or just iron the underside in sections.

Nice pickups.

Yeah, I guess those can be considered Starter ultrafil. Like you said too, it only lasted half the year in 96-97. But, the version that Montreal wore was heavier and tighter knit than that version. Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that they somehow had CCM ultrafil jerseys only with Starter tags on them because it was practically identical to the burlap sacks they wore in the 1980's and 90's. I've felt both versions and the Canadiens' ones just felt different. It's hard to describe obviously without seeing or feeling them but they definitely were different. They did the same thing with Pro Player too. The rest of the league had the air-knit material but Montreal had ultrafil with the Pro Player tags. In fact, Montreal didn't wear an air-knit jersey for the first time until their 1945-46 3rds in 2006-07.

Got this in today.An assist goes to Johnnyonthespot.

2752384850104343728S425x425Q85.jpg

Size Large w/Tags

No, no...the Habs actually wore ULTRAFIL jerseys with the Starter logo on the hem. All the other Starter teams either wore the mesh or the spongy air-knit stuff.

One good way to fix that Gretzky jersey is to strip the Gretzky off of it. :D

Yeah I know, I'm probably going to do that soon, but I have to get myself a 94 Stanley Cup patch first. Any idea where to get that, or if I have you do my jersey would you get that for me?

All you have to do is gently iron the underside of the numbers. Just turn it inside out or just iron the underside in sections.

Nice pickups.

I might try that, but I've never used an iron before so I'd be a bit hesitant. I also don't know how to get all the ###### wrinkles out of the jersey safely.

Thanks!

theres another bk kings at 355 on ebay..I really would love to have a chance at one of those but ###### never realized they are rare and dont feel like taking out a loan for one at this time.

Yeah I know, I'm probably going to do that soon, but I have to get myself a 94 Stanley Cup patch first. Any idea where to get that, or if I have you do my jersey would you get that for me?

My link

Although not everything nerdgirl_bc sells is legit.

My link

Although not everything nerdgirl_bc sells is legit.

Thanks. I see a lot of them on e-bay and other websites like sportsk, so I guess I'd like to get some help or advise on that before I buy one, just to be on the safe side.

sportsk sells the officially licensed ones. They may be a few bucks more than you will find on ebay but they would be the licensed ones so thats a safe bet.

I ordered some custom college recreations from Ebbets that should be here pretty quick...can't wait to take a pic and show 'em off.

Actually the Canadiens Ultrafil jersey feels just like the Penguins Ultrafil from Starter. I just never seen a size tag like that on a Starter jersey and it was assembled in Canada, not USA, El Salvador or Haiti.

I cant post a picture yet but my Byfuglien just got here from the River City sale, it does not have a nameplate on it? Does anyone have a home Thrashers authentic that they can vouge for this? It doesnt bother me as their customization is spot on otherwise but i thought that was strange.

Got this jersey in trade

2755187750104343728S425x425Q85.jpg

I cant post a picture yet but my Byfuglien just got here from the River City sale, it does not have a nameplate on it? Does anyone have a home Thrashers authentic that they can vouge for this? It doesnt bother me as their customization is spot on otherwise but i thought that was strange.

It should. All the pictures on Getty Images shows that they have them.

It should. All the pictures on Getty Images shows that they have them.

Hmm..hopefully someone on here has a thrashers edge and can provide some insight..i found a couple images that didnt show nameplates so i dont know. River City's customization job is sick though, they did awesome.