It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

First an impulse buy from the RCS sale:

Secondly, a set of 2009-10 University of Kentucky gamers from #21 Alex Holmes:

Both include the Taylor Vit memorial patch.

uk_2009_vit_patch_sm.jpg

I was wondering what the 14 was under your name......

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They've never had names on their road jerseys. It's fairly common at that level (ACHA club hockey) for teams to do this. Jerseys get reused for multiple seasons, so no names on road jerseys makes it easier. I know many teams where players will have a different road number then they do at home.

Traditionally it was also done to keep opposing fans being able to heckle players on the road (at least using their names that is) but with everything being online now, that's not really an issue. I've always enjoyed some of the creative taunts leveled at players just using their number alone. Most of which I cannot repeat here. :lol:

Ah! Thanks for clearing that up. :thumbsup:

I was on the way to potentially trade my Ryan Kesler 40th Edge 1.0 today in downtown Vancouver...

I went up the stairs of Tinsletown movie theatres and this is who I ran into...

2161648730105170938S425x425Q85.jpg2693099430105170938S425x425Q85.jpg

Guess it's not up for trade anymore :D Unbelievable coincidence, The Bell store downtown was advertising "One of your Vancouver Canucks will be signing autographs from 2:00-3:30pm today" Got super lucky it ended up being Kes!

I was on the way to potentially trade my Ryan Kesler 40th Edge 1.0 today in downtown Vancouver...

I went up the stairs of Tinsletown movie theatres and this is who I ran into...

2161648730105170938S425x425Q85.jpg2693099430105170938S425x425Q85.jpg

Guess it's not up for trade anymore :D Unbelievable coincidence, The Bell store downtown was advertising "One of your Vancouver Canucks will be signing autographs from 12:00-2:00pm today" Got super lucky it ended up being Kes!

Wow! Congrats. Didn't know Kesler was signing in Downtown Vancouver today. :(

Tambellini and Raymond were signing too but in different places though.

Really? Darn. :( better luck next time I guess. Met Raymond once at another signing though. Nice person.

Really? Darn. :( better luck next time I guess. Met Raymond once at another signing though. Nice person.

It was actually some kind of NHL/Bell promotion that's why they were at the Bell stores and is also why they are not wearing their usually Canucks jerseys.

Been looking for a blue authentic of this Nordiques style for a really long time. I need to add a nameplate to this eventually, but the toughest part is taken care of.

looks sweet Jay, but I didn't think he wore the C that year on the road blues, wasn't it only on the home white?

Doesn't look like he did....I guess I can offer you $50 to take it off your hands.

1992UpperDeck255.jpg

looks sweet Jay, but I didn't think he wore the C that year on the road blues, wasn't it only on the home white?

This was a weird season for this subject, as they alternated and was all sorts of Assistants as well

Mike Hough and Sakic wore the C

Steven Finn, Craig Wolanin, Joe Sakic, Mike Hough wore the A

bowman9293-178-houghm.jpgopc9293-392-houghm.jpgbowman9293-185-finns.jpghd9293-i019-sakicj.jpgscore9293-021-wolaninc.jpg

Sakic wore C on the Whites mostly

bowman9293-244-sakicj.jpg

seasons9293-047-sakicj.jpg

but as you can see here Hough is wearing the A now on the blues, so Sakic wore C on the blue, but yes, it was mostly Hough on the road Blues

panini9293-211-houghm.jpg

topps9293-297-houghm.jpg

So Sakic wearing the C makes it more rare :) as shown here

topps9293-495-sakicj.jpg

You wont find many photos of Sakic wearing the C in blues, so if you want to photomatch it it is on the TOPPS 92-93 Card

^ I'm judging you...

That'll teach you to mess with me and the other Nordiques folks on the board Chris. Take that!

Seriously though, thanks guys.

Doesn't look like he did....I guess I can offer you $50 to take it off your hands.

And based on all of the information above and simple common sense, no thanks! :D

Now that is pretty punny.

Here's a Tampa Bay Lightning jersey that I'll (hopefully) send to Woburn for customization.

dsc112401.th.jpg

Was that the size48 on Ebay last week?Nice pickup

2004 Cup patch will look perfect on it :thumbsup:

That'll teach you to mess with me and the other Nordiques folks on the board Chris. Take that!

Seriously though, thanks guys.

I've been schooled I guess :hook: thats actually good news for me if I can use a 75th patch on mine now instead of endlessly searching for a french cup patch

you had a french patch? I must have missed that or I would have had you put it on there! :doh: