It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

Hmm..hopefully someone on here has a thrashers edge and can provide some insight..i found a couple images that didnt show nameplates so i dont know. River City's customization job is sick though, they did awesome.

If only there was a site with pictures of Thrashers gamers...

Meigray thrashers

You can clearly see on the back picture there is a nameplate :)

You guys are so nice...I would have done this: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=atlanta+thrashers+jersey :D

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got this one in from eBay earlier in the week. There are a few small stains on it that I can take care of pretty easily, but it looks like the seller put it through the dryer a few times. I think it must have been purchased pre-customized, because the material used for the letters and numbers is similar to the material used for the old Starter pre-custom jobs, and it has an 'NHL Players' tag in the inside neck. The flag and team shoulder patches are also heat pressed, which leads me to believe that it is a factory custom job.

All_Star_Jagr_World_2000_Front.jpg

All_Star_Jagr_World_2000_Rear.jpg

This one came back from House O'Hockey two weekends ago. Wish I had it in time for the game, but good work takes time, I suppose. Impeccable work as always from them.

Penguins_Crosby_Winter_Classic_2011_Front.jpg

Penguins_Crosby_Winter_Classic_2011_Rear.jpg

Alright, here's what I pulled in from eBay in the last week. Let's start with the one I have questions about:

I'd like to put the '94 SCF patch on this (Richter or Leetch), but I'm not sure if it's from 87-90 or 90-96:

IMG_0307.jpg

Were all of these CCM replicas tagged with the colored-in CCM regardless of what years they were made? Can I slap the '94 finals patch on this?

IMG_0308.jpg

Koho Liberty - It'll be a Messier with the 9/11 ribbon

IMG_0309.jpg

This one is my favorite - Pro Player Liberty. Gonna make this a Graves with a "C" and 2000 patch

IMG_0310.jpg

Thing weighs a TON, and yet it's unbelievably comfortable. I wish Pro Player was used longer so I could grab a few more to use for more recent players. Also, in b4 "they're just replicas" ;)

OH, I meant to add a picture of the inside of the Pro Player:

Anyone ever seen a crest sewn like this? It doesn't bother me, I like that it can't come off. Just thought it was odd to see a crest sewn down this way.

IMG_0301.jpg

Is that for the Pro player? I think my Yzerman replica is sewn that way too.

Yeah, that's the Pro Player. I find it interesting that Pro Player would stitch crests like that rather than embroider them to the jersey like Starter, or like the authentics. Now I'm curious to see a Pro Player authentic to see how the Liberty crest was put on.

No pro jersey has ever had anything embroidered on. That's strictly a replica trait.

Errr not embroidered. The Starter replicas have the crest and shoulder patches sewn down with that thick blue thread.

very excited about this one, pretty much been #1 on my want list since I got into jerseys. thanks to Carl for the hookup

2431224920105244266S425x425Q85.jpg2767509280105244266S425x425Q85.jpg

Errr not embroidered. The Starter replicas have the crest and shoulder patches sewn down with that thick blue thread.

Hes saying that you will never see an authentic jersey with embroidered crest or shoulder patches, only replicas do. Some do, others dont like that Proplayer

Here is an example of a Stars ProPlayer made in Canada (crest on a plate stitched to the jersey)

IMG00014-20110220-1457.jpg

Here is the same jersey, ProPlayer, made in Korea (crest directly embroidered to the jersey)

IMG00015-20110220-1457.jpg

Inside out view of Korean-made Stars

IMG00016-20110220-1458.jpg

ProPlayer did make replica jerseys in Canada and Korea, often with different results.

Here is an example of a Stars ProPlayer made in Canada (crest on a plate stitched to the jersey)

IMG00014-20110220-1457.jpg

Here is the same jersey, ProPlayer, made in Korea (crest directly embroidered to the jersey)

IMG00015-20110220-1457.jpg

Inside out view of Korean-made Stars

IMG00016-20110220-1458.jpg

ProPlayer did make replica jerseys in Canada and Korea, often with different results.

Interesting. My is definitely not embroidered, it's sewn the same way you'd expect to see lettering sewn. That's why I find it interesting. Either way, I like it and I love the jersey.

Older starter and pro player replicas had stitched crests on replicas. When CCM became the primary company to make replicas after the millenium they started the heat pressed crests on replicas.

First an impulse buy from the RCS sale:

devils_3rd_edge_sm.jpg

Secondly, a set of 2010-11 University of Kentucky gamers from #21 Alex Holmes:

uk_2009_21_wht_f_sm.jpguk_2009_21_wht_b_sm.jpg

uk_2009_21_blue_f_sm.jpguk_2009_21_blue_b_sm.jpg

Both include the Taylor Vit memorial patch.

uk_2009_vit_patch_sm.jpg

Edit: accidentally put the wrong year on the UK gamers

Edited by akteon

First an impulse buy from the RCS sale:

Secondly, a set of 2009-10 University of Kentucky gamers from #21 Alex Holmes:

uk_2009_21_blue_b_sm.jpg

Nice pick ups. One question. Did University of Kentucky not have names on their blues? :huh:

Older starter and pro player replicas had stitched crests on replicas. When CCM became the primary company to make replicas after the millenium they started the heat pressed crests on replicas.

CCM almost always used glued on crests. I do have a Kings jersey from 1988-89 which does have the crest stitched on, diagonally, not zig-zagged. And an older Flyers mesh replica from that era, too. But from 1991 (or so) on, and during the times they competed with Starter/Nike/Bauer/ProPlayer, CCM always sold glued-crest replicas. Only after they began to send some of the production overseas to Korea and Indonesia in the 2000's did CCM sell some replicas with stitched crests. Starter (1995-99) and ProPlayer (1999-00) always sold stitched jerseys made (mostly) overseas, and Nike/Bauer (1997-99) sold glued crest jerseys made in Canada.

Nice pick ups. One question. Did University of Kentucky not have names on their blues? :huh:

They've never had names on their road jerseys. It's fairly common at that level (ACHA club hockey) for teams to do this. Jerseys get reused for multiple seasons, so no names on road jerseys makes it easier. I know many teams where players will have a different road number then they do at home.

Traditionally it was also done to keep opposing fans being able to heckle players on the road (at least using their names that is) but with everything being online now, that's not really an issue. I've always enjoyed some of the creative taunts leveled at players just using their number alone. Most of which I cannot repeat here. :lol: