customization laugher

trueblue2735

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2 on the back looks huge, especially compared to your own jersey.

I also think the E's on the e-bay jersey aren't slanted enough.

I get that it could have bad customization, but I didn't get the idea that it was a replica stripped and put on an authentic as was originally stated.

To be honest, the last round of kits I got from EPS, including the Leetch you showed, the back numbers seemed a little small compared to gamers I have. When EPS first sent me the sleeve numbers they were definitely too small (sized like those on Rangers Edge jerseys) and I had Josh send me correct ones. I didn't bother with the back numbers because the difference wasn't so drastic.

I honestly don't know what size the numbers should be, on both the back and the sleeves, and if they have changed from period/style to period/style. I just assume what I have is correct. I think what was intended by that statement is that the letters and numbers were stripped from a replica and put on an authentic, assuming that replicas have crappier and less than accurate customization (which I don't necessarily believe).

I get that it could have bad customization, but I didn't get the idea that it was a replica stripped and put on an authentic as was originally stated.

To be honest, the last round of kits I got from EPS, including the Leetch you showed, the back numbers seemed a little small compared to gamers I have. When EPS first sent me the sleeve numbers they were definitely too small (sized like those on Rangers Edge jerseys) and I had Josh send me correct ones. I didn't bother with the back numbers because the difference wasn't so drastic.

All i was implying was if you ever saw factory customized navy liberty replicas from that era (Starter jerseys) they were customized with the oversized 2 and the paper thin looking "C", name and sleeve numbers and it just looks weird to me.

There was one year of Starter Liberty jerseys (96-97 I think, maybe 97-98) where they used a different customizer (not Gerry Cosby) and the letters, including the "C" & "A" were super thin and in IMO looked crappy. The one place I knew of a picture showing this seems to be gone - http://www.gamewornjerseys.com/teams/rangers.htm

I'll have to see if I can find another example. I know at one point someone called me out for not having accurate lettering on a couple of my Liberty Starter jerseys because I had the thicker letter that is most common.

EDIT: It was 97-98 apparently:

img5509732.jpg

Edited by akteon

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180799903778#ht_500wt_1202

Just offered someone $.99 for this, saying "I love the way you used leather numbers on this gem."