EBay

Brilliant!

Oh my sweet Lord.

That friggin guy with the ***'s(might be more than one actually) in his name really drives me crazy. He's outbid me with ridiculous amounts of money on jerseys that really weren't worth it. He has way too much money.

Wow maybe I should put some of my jerseys on ebay and hope he finds them.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me what year this would have been the Whalers jersey? It's advertised as an authentic size 56, but I can't seem to pin the arm stripes down to one year to know for sure...plus it seems like the nhl shield by the CCM patch bottom right is absent, no?

f8521sblkg0.jpg

dd4f1sblwe5.jpg

faa81sblqh3.jpg

Can anyone tell me what year this would have been the Whalers jersey? It's advertised as an authentic size 56, but I can't seem to pin the arm stripes down to one year to know for sure...plus it seems like the nhl shield by the CCM patch bottom right is absent, no?

The Whalers never used that jersey. I think, it's not even a real CCM. One of the tags seems to be removed and that CCM tag came out 98-99 and this jersey was released when? ....after 2000? :rolleyes:

It's yet another attempt to take a blank jersey of some sort and slap a Whalers crest on it, and perhaps the worst one yet, since it's not even a Whalers blank.

I must confess that I am in the process of doing the same thing for myself, buying a blank Whalers CCM jersey and matching it up with as accurate a crest as I can find, but at least I have some sort of an eye for what's right and whats not.

Take a look on ebay for Whalers jerseys. There's plenty to go around, but if you really know what you are looking for, you can tell they're crested blanks, not old original stock.

The Whalers crest on the white jerseys had a blue outline, but the crest on the blue jerseys did not. All the blue jerseys now on ebay seem to have crests with blue outlines around the crest - a clue that it's a recently made pairing of a blank with a crest. For $30-$40 you can get your own Whalers blank CCM jersey, new with tags from right here on icejerseys.com or any number of websites that will outfit your rec league team and scour ebay for a logo, generally $10-$25 and put together your own snazzy Whalers jersey, in your choice of blue or white (or even the green alt like I did) for $40 to $65 and have a much nicer jersey than most of the ones made back in the early 90's.

Oh well. The search continues for a true authentic Whalers jersey for me I guess. And here I thought I might have tracked down an affordable great find. So frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...

Questions for those of you who use ebay lots...

I found a jersey that I want and there 1 bid on it, the starting price is 1.99, it looks like it's in pretty decent condition. I want to get it but I'm not sure what my strategy should be...last time I saw a jersey similar to this one it went for over 80$. there are 6 days to go.

Also I have never used ebay to buy anything before so basically any tips would be appreciated.

I found a jersey that I want and there 1 bid on it, the starting price is 1.99, it looks like it's in pretty decent condition. I want to get it but I'm not sure what my strategy should be...last time I saw a jersey similar to this one it went for over 80$. there are 6 days to go.

Also I have never used ebay to buy anything before so basically any tips would be appreciated.

Best bet is to wait until the last minute or so of the auction before you place your bid that way you can try to snipe the auction.

Put it in your watched items list. Then, like lafountain said, wait as long as possible to enter your maximum bid. Remember that eBay works in that you can add the highest possible price that you're willing to spend but it will only show the next-highest bid in line to everyone else. I usually bid with about 30 seconds or so left. That way A: it gives the other people little or no time to outbid me and B: if you DON'T get it, at least the seller can get some good money out of it! ;)

I always wait until as late as possible to bid, unless it's something I don't really care about and am only considering purchasing because of how cheap it is, then I just put in my maximum bid and if it goes higher then I don't really care too much.

Touche! ;) If I win the jersey I want, then I have no problems with it! :thumbsup:

I agree, though if I see that someone from this board is bidding on something that I am interested in, I usually won't bid against them unless it is something that is very rare to find.

I agree, though if I see that someone from this board is bidding on something that I am interested in, I usually won't bid against them unless it is something that is very rare to find.

I agree with you on that sentiment. I would withdraw my bids if I knew someone here was trying to add something to their collection. I usually try to keep my collection on jerseys or teams I either like or are cool looking to me. That's the whole reason I bought my red Calgary Flames jersey off of shop.nhl.com back in 2004.

That's different. If it's made known that someone is after a particular jersey, I'll definitely back off. To me, whoever sees it first, has dibs.

Hey guys, this is the the guy I got a Thrashers jersey from except I bought mine outright from him. There is one on auction, great price right now, might change. Item #300178910344 if you can search for it, the link was huge so I didn't post it.

LaFountain, this one is calling for you man.

Hey guys, this is the the guy I got a Thrashers jersey from except I bought mine outright from him. There is one on auction, great price right now, might change. Item #300178910344 if you can search for it, the link was huge so I didn't post it.

LaFountain, this one is calling for you man.

Hadn't seen that one, thanks for the link. Got it in my watched items now.

There is nothing more frustrating then putting in a bid with a few days left and then someone snipes you and the jersey only goes for .50 more than what you bid for it! Still, its addictive and I love it!

Hadn't seen that one, thanks for the link. Got it in my watched items now.

Well lost out on the auction one, but he had another one with a BIN, so I just went that route. Looks like I got my first Authentic EDGE jersey on the way now.

Nice laffer, he e-mailed me today saying he's shipped mine out. I'd love to have it by the end of the week. Good times.

I was perusing and found a couple of authentic 6100's with Kovalchuk in the old jersey as per your sig. I can't tell if the cresting and numbers are stitched or not. I think that would make a nice addition, especially since I hate the baby blue home.

I just scored my 2002 All-stars jersey (North America). Nobody was bidding on that one at all. Auction ended Thursday, I paid for it Friday, and I got it yesterday.

...talking about All Star jerseys...

I shot this beauty last night. Check out the stitching in the hem.

14e7_3.JPG

2280_3.JPG

Sometimes All Star Jersey show up on ebay that have the NHLPA Logo in the hem. As far as I know, only the players had the jerseys with the logo.

I'm selling my Jagr Authentic All Star, same All Star Game but for some unknown reason mine has a silver NHL shield.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...E:IT&ih=016