EBay

Brilliant!

I got lucky that Value City bought the stock of Starter when they went under. They had Pro Player also a year later. Those were great days to be a collector and walk into a store with a whole wall of authentics selling for $50.00.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/99-Wayne-Gretzky-Koho-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Speechless. If I had this jersey, I'd have it under lock and key. Animals...

lol at the description:

This Jersey is One of a kind!

The Jersey has an "O" instead of a Captains "C" for Gretzky being an OWNER of the Coyotes.

This was made as joke, but does represent Gretkzy's 2nd phase of his Hockey Career & his 1st phase after his Playing days!

You WILL NOT find another one of these, ANYWHERE!!!

The Jersey is in PERFECT Condition!

I am kind of surprised that no fakes of the Capitals jersey or any of the other new ones has made an appearance on ebay yet.

That's got to be from a high school team of some sort and just misreprented as being a Washington Captials by a clueless seller.

That's got to be from a high school team of some sort and just misreprented as being a Washington Captials by a clueless seller.

Definitely not of the NHL Capitals variety (obviously). I just went through hockeydb.com and looked up the last name Jeffrey, and there has never been anyone with that last name to play for the Caps.

I was considering getting this jersey.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-KOVALCHUK-GR...1QQcmdZViewItem

This is the team Kovalchuk played for after the lockout while he was in a contract negotiation with Atlanta. Though after a little bit of research I discovered that Kovalchuk wore 17 while playing for Khimik. This is the only time in Russia that he actually got to wear 17 and the team awarded him the right to wear it.

From an interview with him after he started with Khimik.

Sport Express correspondent was the one who told Ilya Kovalchuk that team management decided to give a jersey with number 17 on a back to Ilya.

I. Kovalchuk: It’s a pleasure to go on the ice with number 17 on a back.

Did you know that earlier Shkotov wore a jersey with number 17, and after it became official that you play in Khimik, knowing that it is your favorite number, he gave it in?

I. Kovalchuk: Sure. I wasn’t expecting that I’d come to the team, spend only one practice, and receive a jersey with my number right away.

ARGH! I'm quite disappointed. Last week I bought an 'authentic' Rangers CCM mesh style jersey. Pictures showed the strap and the NHL logo on the hem and also the CCM Maska tag on the inside. I saw the price was pretty low and went for it all while assuming I was getting an authentic jersey. Well, I recieved it today and discovered that the letters aren't sewn on! I didn't pay a lot at all for it but it still irks me.

Here's a question: anybody fairly familiar with Blues jerseys? I won a dark authentic Starter version yesterday for cheap and I'm wondering if it's the real deal. The thing that puzzles me is that it has the S-star logo(like in my signature) on the hem. Now, I thought that the Blues wore CCMs in 1996-97, then switched to Starters in 1997-98, where that logo was changed to just the S-star on the homes and 'Starter' on the aways. Any thoughts?

Here's a question: anybody fairly familiar with Blues jerseys? I won a dark authentic Starter version yesterday for cheap and I'm wondering if it's the real deal. The thing that puzzles me is that it has the S-star logo(like in my signature) on the hem. Now, I thought that the Blues wore CCMs in 1996-97, then switched to Starters in 1997-98, where that logo was changed to just the S-star on the homes and 'Starter' on the aways. Any thoughts?

According to nhluniforms.com, you're correct in saying that the S-star was on the home jersey and "Starter" was on the away.

Blues6.gif

Where was your jersey made? Was it assembled in El Salvador of USA components? If that's the case, it could be a retail authentic.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Teemu-Selanne-Winnipeg...1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't recall Selanne wearing the A in Winnipeg. I could be wrong though.

He did wear it, and even during his rookie year. I've got a bunch of cards at home that show it.

SelanneWin.jpg

He did wear it, and even during his rookie year. I've got a bunch of cards at home that show it.

SelanneWin.jpg

Guess I was wrong, so that jersey isn't as inaccurate as I thought.

Not on topic, but I recall reading that when Teemu was a rookie in Winnipeg, he played street hockey with the local kids. Thats pretty cool in my book. I've also heard him on the Adam Carolla show doing a radio interview, and I decided if I ever customize my ducks 3rd jersey, I'd put him on the back becuase he seems like a good guy, and a great player.

Besides the steep shipping charges, I've yet to have a problem with mootown or any of the other sellers that seem to have the exact same stock and pictures (highnoonsports, raindrop7, and i think there is one more). I picked up an Avs alt Tanguay for $21 and the home version for $13 or so.
I've actually bought from that mootown before and didn't even know it. I got my authentic Stars 3rd jersey from him and I have no complaints whatsoever. It's a genuine authentic jersey which is exactly what it was claimed as.

I emailed this user about combining shipping (sending to New Zealand) and they said $8 extra per item.

So I assumed I could buy a few jerseys at once, pay $24 initial postage costs then $8 extra per jersey and that way get a pretty good deal.

I won 5 jerseys one morning and the user is trying to make me pay 3 separate shipping charges. Over $50 extra shipping than what is needed!

I sent them a nice email explaining how they had told me it was only $8 extra per jersey and all they replied with were smartass things like "do you expect me to eat the shipping costs" and "what do you expect when you get a $140 jersey for $14".

I left it at that because this person is impossible to communicate with.

Now I've just received 5 "Unpaid Item Reminder" emails from Ebay.

Any ideas on what I should do?

Thats not good to hear. I have heard of Mootown being kind of hard to deal with if you dont live in the states. I have had the problem of cost with one of that group of sellers. I got a Deadmarsh jersey for $43 Buy it Now or so and a Tanguay for $13 something or other, and as to combine shipping (the reason I got the Deadmarsh was to cut down on shipping costs, as I wanted it, but didnt need it then sit it had gone w/o being bought several times, and another is still for sale to this day.), but I was told they couldnt combine on sales less than $20 or so, since they were taking a loss on that jersey. I wasn;t that happy, but at least I was getting them on a loss, which made me sort of happy.

Anyone know if Mootown ships out of New York? There are all those related sellers who have the same stock, I had a jersey I was returning from High Noon Sports and the first came from Montana, the replacement came from NY and when I went to send it back I asked do I send it to the NY or MT address, and I was told her brother and his partner ship out of NY, so I should ship it back to MT. Just trying to figure out exactly which seller that is.

Besides the steep shipping charges, I've yet to have a problem with mootown or any of the other sellers that seem to have the exact same stock and pictures (highnoonsports, raindrop7, and i think there is one more). I picked up an Avs alt Tanguay for $21 and the home version for $13 or so.
Apparently yet is the key word. Long story, but here we go. About three weeks ago, I bought an Adam Deadmarsh LA Kings Alternate off ebay from Hign Noon Sports. The jersey pictured was the alt with the Crown logo, which is what they wore with the 2002 All Star and AM memorial patches. I wont it, ordered the patches and was set. The jersey shows up and has the Kings shield as worn in later seasons, which I already have a Deadmarsh of. So i contacted High Noon, explained the situation, and she said, "oh no problem, we have a box of Deader jerseys and didnt realize the crests were mixed so send it back and I'll send the correct one your way." The corrected crested jersey shows up, but with the KOHO tag on the neck askew and lots of excess glue on the numbers, which is really noticable, even from afar. So I contacted High Noon again, and was told to send it back for a refund, no problem. I sent it back Tuesday, and thats where we are there. So to replace the jersey I no longer have but have patches for, I wanted to bid on the same jersey that Mootown has. I found one, asked them if they had any Crown versions, but never heard back, and bid on one today and won. I got my invoice which said payments could be sent to High Noon Sports in NY, this confirmed who High Noon's brother was as I was not sure before (she had mentioned it in one of our emails as to why my second jerey came from NY and not Montana). So sent my payment and in the notes explained what had happened before and wanted the Crown not the shield and shorter after got an email saying:
why not ask BEFORE bidding?

Taken aback, I responded saying I had asked, recieved no confirmation either way, and bid because the item pictured is what I would expect to recieve, its how ebay works. They then responded:

I just don't understand why you bid, you know we are the same
I then said I learnt they were one in the same when I got the invoice and wouldnt have bid had I known they shared stock, as they wouldnt be able to fill my order. I then got no respone but my money refunded. All the while I know I am in the right as they were going to send me something other than what was pictured, yet they conducted this as if I was the person at fault. Even though it all worked out for me, I wish they conducted this with class, as I didn't do anything wrong. Its too bad they can;t conduct themselves like their counter part. I wouldnt even be this upset if they had responed with full sentences, punctuation and a salutation, as most sellers do. It was the way I feel I was treated that gets me. Thier products are great, and Ive ordered lots from them and thier associates, but I would suggest buying from one of the other sellers rather than them. Granted, I'm sure they will see more of my business, but they shouldn't.

• 2 weeks later...

For real... they look like inofficial remakes. As you can see, the waist stripes are sewn together from different colored material. CCM never made the jersey that way. The stripes were dyed in. Form the close ups of the sleeve numbers I can see only the top (yellow) layer that looks pretty close to tackle twill, but the bottom layers... I'm not sure. I don't trust the jerseys that come from that seller.

I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say. It's 2:15am and I'm not sober, right now.

I moved this topic into the eBay thread that already exists.

I've seen that Canucks auction before many times and no one has bought it yet. I don't know...there's just something about it that doesn't seem right. I'd steer clear but that's just me.

I came across this a few minutes ago. The thing I don't get is why it would be an authentic minus the strap? The font on the Starter size tag looks off too...also if you look closely, it looks like there's no lettering inside the NHL shield on the hem.

man....I haven't been making any big purchases as of late but I noticed this auction about 2 weeks ago.....the seller had a BIN at around 250 but after the first week he decided to relist it at a starting price of 99. well I managed to check ebay to see if it's still there and with 3 hours left I decided to treat myself to it since I missed out on his stick a few months ago...I can recall seeing it a long time ago on the web and always wondered what happened to it but now it's going to be in my hands :D :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=006

rad2C7A3237.JPG