EBay

Brilliant!

Okay it appears as though the auction for that Ducks jersey has ended early. There is a starting bid of $0.99 and a buy it now price for $75, but nowhere to place a bid or to buy it. Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Here is the link

Sold outside of ebay. Had that happen to me before when the seller received an offer too good to turn down and since no one had put a bid in he could end the auction early. Had you already bid $0.99 I don't think this could've happened.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sold outside of ebay. Had that happen to me before when the seller received an offer too good to turn down and since no one had put a bid in he could end the auction early. Had you already bid $0.99 I don't think this could've happened.

Yea I was the leading bidder at $31 at the time, though.

Seller just basically cancelled the auction. More than likely the BIN showed up again after he cancelled all the bids on the item (assuming he did this). This has happened to me before too, kind of annoying but unfortunately it happens.

Yeah it is annoying and it's against eBay rules too. I've had several offers to end an auction early and take a fast payment but I never went ahead and did it...and I'd never do it with such a rare jersey. That price probably would've been up over 250 dollars eventually.

I'm watching this Penguins Edge Authentic on ebay and want yout opinion on this one. Does RBK put their logo on the sleeves on Authentics too? How about re-inforced elbows? How do I tell Authentics from replicas? Any details?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...A:IT&ih=013

I'm watching this Penguins Edge Authentic on ebay and want yout opinion on this one. Does RBK put their logo on the sleeves on Authentics too? How about re-inforced elbows? How do I tell Authentics from replicas? Any details?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...A:IT&ih=013

Well the RBK logo is not on the sleeve of my Authentic Thrashers jersey. Looking around at other Penguins Authentics on ebay, they don't appear to have the logo on the sleeve either. In a few other retail sites, you can see the logo on the Replica, but not on the Authentic.

So going off the basic information, it would appear that this is a fake. That is my guess anyways.

When I get home from work, I will take a look at my Caps replica and my Thrashers and compare them and see what differences are visually there that you might be able to tell from pictures. If I find anything major, I will post pictures.

Well the RBK logo is not on the sleeve of my Authentic Thrashers jersey. Looking around at other Penguins Authentics on ebay, they don't appear to have the logo on the sleeve either. In a few other retail sites, you can see the logo on the Replica, but not on the Authentic.

So going off the basic information, it would appear that this is a fake. That is my guess anyways.

When I get home from work, I will take a look at my Caps replica and my Thrashers and compare them and see what differences are visually there that you might be able to tell from pictures. If I find anything major, I will post pictures.

I also asked my jersey dealer on ebay for some infos on that but hasn't responded yet

OK, here are somethings that I found when comparing my Capitals Premier Replica and my Thrashers EDGE Authentic.

The tail doesn't seem as long on the Replicas as they are on the Authentics.

IMGP0037.jpg

No RBK logo on the sleeve of the Authentics.

IMGP0038.jpg

No jocktag on the Authentics.

IMGP0040.jpg

Additional material on the armpit area of the Authentics.

IMGP0041.jpg

On the neckline, the RBK logo goes pretty much all the way around the neckline, while on the replica it was only on the back of the neck.

IMGP0044.jpg

I am sure there is some other stuff, but that was the noticeable stuff at a quick glance.

Also, the shoulder patches aren't the same quality, that's a thing I noticed

Of which jersey?

I'm guessing he's mentioning that the shoulder patches of an authentic are stitched on embroidered patches, whereas replicas are one layer heat and sewn on, uh, plastic like things. Anyone who's looked at jerseys most fans are wearing this season know what I'm talking about.

Right?

I'm guessing he's mentioning that the shoulder patches of an authentic are stitched on embroidered patches, whereas replicas are one layer heat and sewn on, uh, plastic like things. Anyone who's looked at jerseys most fans are wearing this season know what I'm talking about.

Right?

Yes exactly, the quality of the shoulder patches on replicas is cheaper.

The only thing that blows is that $38 shipping cost from Sweden. Yeesh.

:blink: And he wouldn't even be making any profit on it ... (just did the calculator: 255 KR).

On a side note: it sucks when a seller doesn't respond to questions and at the same time read in his (jerryspro) feedback shortly after I asked my questions "Excellent communication, Eric went way out of his way to make this work, AAA+++" <_< . Wanted to know about combined shipping for 2 jerseys, since he listed $26 for one I wasn't exactly looking forward to end up paying $52 ofcourse. Anyway the one I really wanted has now been bought by someone who hadn't bought anything in all 5 years he was registered :rolleyes:, other one's still there but I already have a different model of the same team so not worth it on it's own.

:blink: And he wouldn't even be making any profit on it ... (just did the calculator: 255 KR).

Well it is good that he won't be making any profit on it, that annoys me quite a bit when people try to get extra profit off of shipping.

Crap, had to work on Sunday and completely forgot about one that I was watching.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=006

Oh well, it happens to us all once in a while.

I think that I have some jewels here (well it can compete with the edge canucks with a 550's cut found earlier on the thread) I have not checked the whole thread so some people may have pointed them already.

http://cgi.cafr.ebay.ca/DANY-HEATLEY-15-OT...bayphotohosting

It says that it's worn on ice by the pros.... <_<

the lettering is gold, the logo is tilted to the right, the collar is red and white (not black)...and i'll pass for the reste because there is a lot more mistakes.

I also found that. As a habs fan, it hurts my eyes!

http://cgi.cafr.ebay.ca/MONTREAL-CANADIENS...1QQcmdZViewItem

no blue line on the back. the captain C don't have a blue border, the whole lettering and numbers don't have the right fonts anyway!

Oh and i'm not sure but I think that the nhl logos on the bottoms of the jerseys are the wrong ones (orange puck NHL logo)

This whole thing makes me think about the fake guitar they have on Ebay (also) it started a couple of years ago and it was really bad imitation.

They we're selling Gibsons Statocasters or stuff like that (for the people that are not into guitars it's like selling a Ford Corolla....doesnt exist). but people we're not stupid and they had bad feedbacks and complains about the fact that they we're selling conterfeit merchandise. So they upgraded the quality of their imitation, started to be more accurate and now an average guitarist cannot make the difference on photos between the real and the fake. I think this will happens to the fake hockey jerseys too....sadly.