EBay

Brilliant!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting quite ticked with sellers on ebay...I was bidding on a Wings Maltby jersey last weekend and lost out. Sucks,but I lost and moved on. Then last night I get an email with a second chance offer on the jersey from the seller saying the winner hasn't contacted him or paid and was offering me the jersey. I said sure. I bought it and immediately paid for it through paypal. I get an email about twenty minutes ago saying the guy had just contacted him and paid for the jersey??!! WTF He said he is "talking to him" to get it worked out and will get back to me lol... Not sure there is much I can do...this ebay garbage is happening far too often anymore...getting so tired of garbage sellers...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Canucks-Jers...1QQcmdZViewItem

Alright I'm not sure, is his C small case or not? I plan on adding the 94 SCF/2pt FG patches if I do win this jersey.

Let's go to the video tape!

This has it as an uppercase, but with a clear space after it.

1123111650030694082S500x500Q85.jpg

Click here to see one just like the one in the auction. Just ignore that May 12, 2000 date on it. I don't know what it is with Getty sometimes, but Gretzky was retired by then so that's maybe the date they uploaded the photo taken several years prior.

I'd say that one looks good. It may not have been consistent from year to year, but there's a precedent for the one you want to bid on.

Getting quite ticked with sellers on ebay...I was bidding on a Wings Maltby jersey last weekend and lost out. Sucks,but I lost and moved on. Then last night I get an email with a second chance offer on the jersey from the seller saying the winner hasn't contacted him or paid and was offering me the jersey. I said sure. I bought it and immediately paid for it through paypal. I get an email about twenty minutes ago saying the guy had just contacted him and paid for the jersey??!! WTF He said he is "talking to him" to get it worked out and will get back to me lol... Not sure there is much I can do...this ebay garbage is happening far too often anymore...getting so tired of garbage sellers...

I'm always kind of weary when it comes to those second chance offers. They seem kind of shady to me. It seems like sellers will do anything to make a few extra bucks off that next highest bidder. Who knows what kind of underground stuff they're pulling to make sure they make the very most off of our bids.

That is why I "snipe" and ignore all second chance offers. If I don't win it that first time, I definitely move on and look for other stuff to get. But if it's a jersey that you'd really love to add to the collection it's kind of tough to move on.

I feel your pain man...hang in there. There are still way more good sellers than there are garbage sellers, that's for sure. You still have to love eBay, well, most of the time! :thumbsup:

Does anyone have any experience with this seller?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...=tab%3DWatching

They guy seems to have a lot of these Bure jerseys. Considering how rare they are I wonder if this guy is selling fakes?

They guy seems to have a lot of these Bure jerseys. Considering how rare they are I wonder if this guy is selling fakes?

A lot of people have had issues with Griffenfood. Not having bought from him, I wouldn't be able to go into specifics though. Looking through some posts from the past, it does appear that he sells knockoffs.

Do a post search for griffenfood and you will see nothing but negatives about him.

Griffenfood Search

I bought from him a few years back. Seriously...save your money.

Does anyone have any experiences with this guy? A lot of jerseys on the cheap that I am thinking about picking up- thoughts?

http://myworld.ebay.com/99cent.auction

How To Spot A Fake Part I:

Something I noticed from that Bure jersey.

dab21yy9.jpg

You can notice the same poor (or should I say non-existent) stitching a little to the right of the circled area too.

Fake... Most ebay sellers from the Vancouver area carry knock offs....I rememer strolling around Gastown a while ago and found a lot of jerseys I wanted (94 Bure, Linden, Ducks Kariya), I stepped into a store to take to take a look and found out all of them were fakes and the whole area sold noting but fakes! (you can see a bunch of Nucks fans wearing fake jerseys at their games) I did some snooping around and actually found a lot of blank jerseys in a box and they had team crests and patches in another near the back of the store. Those boxes confirmed it for me. Nowadays I try to avoid buying any jerseys from sellers in BC

Fake... Most ebay sellers from the Vancouver area carry knock offs....I rememer strolling around Gastown a while ago and found a lot of jerseys I wanted (94 Bure, Linden, Ducks Kariya), I stepped into a store to take to take a look and found out all of them were fakes and the whole area sold noting but fakes! (you can see a bunch of Nucks fans wearing fake jerseys at their games) I did some snooping around and actually found a lot of blank jerseys in a box and they had team crests and patches in another near the back of the store. Those boxes confirmed it for me. Nowadays I try to avoid buying any jerseys from sellers in BC

Such as this? http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjerseypros

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone have any experiences with this guy? A lot of jerseys on the cheap that I am thinking about picking up- thoughts?

http://myworld.ebay.com/99cent.auction

Well I ordered a desert dogs jersey and it was great! Nice quality CCM and quick shipping. This guy has pretty good deals on jerseys if you are interested.

• 2 weeks later...

cc26_1.JPG

dc7c_1.JPG

Looking at this one on ebay to get, a bit pricy at $160 but thought I'd consider talking him down a few bucks.

EDIT - yeah nevermind no tags on collar, I hate that so much it's just one of those things that bugs me.

Believe me, you're not the only one. I always steer clear of the tagless authentics unless they're from the good ol' days when there was nothing but a Maska air-knit or ultrafil tag there. It's too bad too because that's an awesome third Nike jersey. Is it just me or does the top yolk stripe look a little too dark? It could just be the picture though.

Not eBay, but need to double check the font on this jersey since I suspect its missing the outter red layer/trim on the numbers? or is there some variation/changes..

01010301020001030820080720a00da85b9e3190afbb00a5d5.jpg

010105010307010408200807205e452ad43b682df8e100b15e.jpg

Well, at the time that Clark would've worn that jersey in 1994-95, yes, there would've been a red trim layer on the letters and numbers. That being said, if you can get your hands on that cheap, go for it. It's not that hard to strip the custom job and redo it properly. I also notice there's no numbers on the arms. Go for it!

Theres apparently a small hole somewhere, but its only $100 although I have no way of getting out to the general area they're in and they're not equipped to accept paypal, so we're kind of at an impasse :/

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ST-LOUIS-BLUES-RBK...1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyone dealt with this particular seller? The feedback for the hockey jerseys seems decent despite his negative feedback ratings.

Ive never dealt with him personally but Ive seen a lot of his listings on eBay. Just know that even though he states the jerseys are "authentics", they are RBK Premiers and not RBK EDGE authentics.

Ive never dealt with him personally but Ive seen a lot of his listings on eBay. Just know that even though he states the jerseys are "authentics", they are RBK Premiers and not RBK EDGE authentics.

Not to mention his English is awful.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, I'm a little hesitant with dealing with a knockoff seller. I've yet to be convinced that it would be a good buy, although the $29.99 Blues premier price is tempting.

If I recall correctly, the location of the seller used to state that they are in Jakarta, India. I know the style of the pictures used and the wording in the auctions is nearly identical to that previous seller. The other thing that makes me think they are outside the US despite the auction saying New York, is the shipping. $18.00 is a bit high for a jersey unless you're paying for next-day air.

All that being said, I've been told by a couple guys that I work with who are Indian that the quality of their counterfeit clothing items is far superior than that of comparable items from Asia.