EBay

Brilliant!

I saw that one earlier this morning. I don't know. Those tags just look a little odd. The size tag is never sewn directly over the Maska tag.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK this jersey has been discussed in this thread before and has been relisted on ebay lots of times.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=360051200563

I am gonna make a run at it this time, but I am wondering, I don't see anything, is there an issue with it that is preventing it from selling or is the sellers reserve too high?

Maybe because the auction is still fairly recent. It's only been active for about 7 hours. I've dealt with him before though and all his stuff has been genuine so I'd say go for it.

Maybe because the auction is still fairly recent. It's only been active for about 7 hours. I've dealt with him before though and all his stuff has been genuine so I'd say go for it.

Right I get that about this particular auction. But the seller has had this jersey listed many times since sometime last year. The description is the exact same everytime. It has been a little while since it last appeared, but it is the same jersey.

I've got photos of Biron wearing #00 with both Sabres jersey styles. John Davidson also wore #00 for the Rangers in the late 70's for a time.

I believe the league ruled out #0 and #00 due to issues with computer software and stat sorting that those numbers messed up.

I stand corrected. I thought it was neat when he showed up and had that number, it was quite unique. I'd like to see how that looked on the black and red jersey sometime, I'd venture to guess pretty cool.

Just bought a very nice 2001 Cup patch to go on my Drury jersey for 13 bucks. Not too shabby!

I looked at the past auctions for the seller, just realized it is the same guy who had the WildWing Game worn that was recently available.

I looked at the past auctions for the seller, just realized it is the same guy who had the WildWing Game worn that was recently available.

He's a big time collector. I'm not sure what's going on with him though. His website used to list hundreds of jerseys. HUNDREDS. And now it's got 6.

He also apparently went through the gameworn.net forums and deleted every post to that message board he ever made. Really kind of odd.

As for the auction, you'd think that someone who can afford a jersey worth $35,000 could afford a decent camera. Those shots of those ID tags in the jersey almost look like someone trying to hide something. My first thought was "I wonder if he's trying to cover up one of those knockoff MeiGray tags that reads "Groop"."

But we can´t see what the bid is, right?......i don´t know to much about ebay....

It is listed as a 'buy it now' with the option to make a lower priced offer. It's not being run as an auction where the highest bidder wins, so there's no bids to see. Either someone buys it outright at his price or he accepts an offer he likes.

If he accepts an offer and its on your watch list, I'm pretty sure the Best Offer price he took for the jersey is displayed. You just won't see the other previous offers, just like you can't see others max bids, only the amount they actually paid.

I noticed that the fake Winter Classic jerseys with the Meigray Groop tags on ebay have the Meigray tag number E05768.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Game-Issued-Jersey-pre...1QQcmdZViewItem

Saw this and I noticed the Meigray tag number. Looks like this was possibly the template jersey for the fakes out there.

I noticed that the fake Winter Classic jerseys with the Meigray Groop tags on ebay have the Meigray tag number E05768.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Game-Issued-Jersey-pre...1QQcmdZViewItem

Saw this and I noticed the Meigray tag number. Looks like this was possibly the template jersey for the fakes out there.

I just checked the tag number on my fake... you're right, hawkeye :thumbsup:

Alright..quite ticked off at the moment...was bidding on a World Cup jersey and it still had a day to go before the listing ended. Well, I get an email this morning saying my bid was cancelled due to item bidding ending early??? What kind of crap is that?? Really wanted that jersey and would have increased my bid...I never knew a seller could just cancel my bid for no real reason...anything I can do....Didn't know you could just pull bids out after people already began to bid...So disappointed right now........

Contact eBay. As far as I know, a seller can only cancel a bid with good reason and prior notification to the bidder.

If someone decides to end their listing early, for whatever reason, they can cancel all bids and end the auction.

Just because something is listed on ebay, it's not binding. A seller can change their mind at any time.

I had a rare All-Star jersey I was really excited to have a chance to get and was willing to spend a lot to get it, and half way through the auction the sellers son just decided to keep it after all.

Just recently a guy listed three Montreal Expos jerseys, a home, home BP and rare road BP. I was going to try to win two of them and combine the shipping, but he ended one early because of some error in the listing and said he would list it again later. That's one I don't get. Can't you just correct the listing? I suppose if there's already bids, you could always cancel any bids and email the bidders to explain why and invite them to bid again after the corrections were made.

JUst pisses me off...There are two grail jerseys I've been hunting for for a few years...The Yzerman jersey from the Larionov Farewell game and this Richter World Cup 96 jersey. I was pretty ###### excited because I was willing to pay a good price for it....and then get this bs cancellation....don't get why someone posts an auction to only cancel it? Without reason....I won that Yzerman I hunted for about a year and a half ago ....only to find out the seller no longer had the jersey....I've been so close to both....Just really bummed.....

JUst pisses me off...There are two grail jerseys I've been hunting for for a few years...The Yzerman jersey from the Larionov Farewell game and this Richter World Cup 96 jersey. I was pretty ###### excited because I was willing to pay a good price for it....and then get this bs cancellation....don't get why someone posts an auction to only cancel it? Without reason....I won that Yzerman I hunted for about a year and a half ago ....only to find out the seller no longer had the jersey....I've been so close to both....Just really bummed.....

if its any consolation it sounds like from this other thread that World Cup Richter jersey made have had other issues as it was missing the fight strap.

Older Nike Authentics -- No Fight Strap?

either way sorry about the bid cancellation thing - i not a fan of that sort of thing and it is infuriating when it happens.

if its any consolation it sounds like from this other thread that World Cup Richter jersey made have had other issues as it was missing the fight strap.

Older Nike Authentics -- No Fight Strap?

either way sorry about the bid cancellation thing - i not a fan of that sort of thing and it is infuriating when it happens.

Yeah -- that's the jersey I was looking at when I posted that topic. That wouldn't be a real 96 World Cup jersey as one of our members posted pictures of the jerseys Team USA wore at the 96 Cup had fight straps.