EBay

Brilliant!

If I recall correctly, the location of the seller used to state that they are in Jakarta, India. I know the style of the pictures used and the wording in the auctions is nearly identical to that previous seller. The other thing that makes me think they are outside the US despite the auction saying New York, is the shipping. $18.00 is a bit high for a jersey unless you're paying for next-day air.

All that being said, I've been told by a couple guys that I work with who are Indian that the quality of their counterfeit clothing items is far superior than that of comparable items from Asia.

Jakarta is in Indonesia, so if it's counterfeit it's coming from Asia :)

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bah ... see i had original typed "China" but then i thought i'd be more politically correct and say "Asia" ... lotta good it did me :P

Oddly, it seems like I made out with authentics in soccer jerseys from the Asian ebay connections but they were decidedly ripoffs when it came to hockey jerseys.

I'm getting disgusted with ebay, there is a lot of crap on there these days you have to work hard to figure out if you've got something legit. FOr example, there is a beauty Palffy fishsticks jersey and the price is going up high on it but yet his feedback is questionable and the "A" is in the wrong place. Do I sound picky?

I'm getting disgusted with ebay, there is a lot of crap on there these days you have to work hard to figure out if you've got something legit. FOr example, there is a beauty Palffy fishsticks jersey and the price is going up high on it but yet his feedback is questionable and the "A" is in the wrong place. Do I sound picky?

You have a link? I would actually like to check that jersey out.

EDIT: Is this what you're talking about?

Sure although some of you looking at this hoping not to attract attention are going to hate me.

I can't get it to link, I'm not savvy but here is the item number: 290246803361

That guy must have a very high reserve price though

That's the dude I just got my unicorn from. I paid for it on Sunday night and I got the e-mail that he shipped it...TODAY. What the crap man??? I hate people that lolligag for no reason. I can understand if you were out of town or something but come on. If someone pays for something you're selling, at least have the courtesy to ship it at the earliest possible time afterwards.

That's the dude I just got my unicorn from. I paid for it on Sunday night and I got the e-mail that he shipped it...TODAY. What the crap man??? I hate people that lolligag for no reason. I can understand if you were out of town or something but come on. If someone pays for something you're selling, at least have the courtesy to ship it at the earliest possible time afterwards.

Amen to that

Or even let the person know "Hey, I can't get your item shipped until...". Even that would do.

What do you guys think? Decent jersey or will I totally be disappointed...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=002

What do you guys think? Decent jersey or will I totally be disappointed...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=002

Looks legit, guy's feedback seems fine, but for a jersey like that AND at a price like that, I still have some reservations. I mean, shipping is free and only $69? Why hasn't it been picked up yet?

that Lidstrom is a fake

Horizontal stripes on the inside are "broken" as oppose to one smooth colour. The same can be seen on the fake Naslund/Luongo RBK Canucks jerseys

also the #5 on the sleeve, see how easily its folded in half, most likely not tackletwill. Although I'm not sure what the sleeve number material is made out of, but I doubt it should bend that easily. Also wtf is with the back number reflecting?

also the #5 on the sleeve, see how easily its folded in half, most likely not tackletwill. Although I'm not sure what the sleeve number material is made out of, but I doubt it should bend that easily. Also wtf is with the back number reflecting?

Yes, the thing that was making me hesitate is the reflecting off of the five on the back...and why he wasn't advertising as a reebok...######...

Want to find a good lidstrom jersey,but this seems the same as the other...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Red-Wings-Lidstrom-Sta...1QQcmdZViewItem

• 2 weeks later...

My faith in eBay (as a company) has somewhat been restored in a mere 17 minutes:

I was bidding on a jersey and winning when I get 2 e-mails saying I was outbid immediately followed by bid retraction notices saying I was still in the lead. I looked and saw the bidder who had retracted his bids (both times claiming he had entered the wrong amount) had zero feedback and was a newly created account. Basically the person was attempting to get right under my max bid (and doing a horrible job at it - it shouldn't have taken 2 tries). I look closer at the bidder's history - despite the fact that eBay now masks buyer's IDs you can still see some info about them. This bidder had bid on only 6 auctions, 100% of them by this single seller, and had 7 retractions. It was pretty obvious this guy was shill bidding - something I absolutely can't stand but always thought it was too difficult to prove. Looking at some of the seller's other auctions, I see another newly created zero feedback ID that had also bid 100% on this guys auctions and had 8 retractions in the guys last 12 auctions.

I decided to contact eBay - which they don't make too easy as it seemed to me they have the form to report violations buried a bit in their site. Anyway I filled out a form, listed all the evidence I'd uncovered and submitted it. I figured they'd do nothing or if they did anything it would be a couple days to a week, and I'd be stuck having to decide if I wanted to tarnish my own rep by retracting my now winning bid with this seller I now was sure was playing the system. Then, a mere 17 minutes later, I got a response from eBay canceling that auction for fraud. The apparently canceled all of his active auctions. Gotta say, I am now quite impressed with eBay staying on top of stuff like this.

My faith in eBay (as a company) has somewhat been restored in a mere 17 minutes:

I was bidding on a jersey and winning when I get 2 e-mails saying I was outbid immediately followed by bid retraction notices saying I was still in the lead. I looked and saw the bidder who had retracted his bids (both times claiming he had entered the wrong amount) had zero feedback and was a newly created account. Basically the person was attempting to get right under my max bid (and doing a horrible job at it - it shouldn't have taken 2 tries). I look closer at the bidder's history - despite the fact that eBay now masks buyer's IDs you can still see some info about them. This bidder had bid on only 6 auctions, 100% of them by this single seller, and had 7 retractions. It was pretty obvious this guy was shill bidding - something I absolutely can't stand but always thought it was too difficult to prove. Looking at some of the seller's other auctions, I see another newly created zero feedback ID that had also bid 100% on this guys auctions and had 8 retractions in the guys last 12 auctions.

I decided to contact eBay - which they don't make too easy as it seemed to me they have the form to report violations buried a bit in their site. Anyway I filled out a form, listed all the evidence I'd uncovered and submitted it. I figured they'd do nothing or if they did anything it would be a couple days to a week, and I'd be stuck having to decide if I wanted to tarnish my own rep by retracting my now winning bid with this seller I now was sure was playing the system. Then, a mere 17 minutes later, I got a response from eBay canceling that auction for fraud. The apparently canceled all of his active auctions. Gotta say, I am now quite impressed with eBay staying on top of stuff like this.

that is good to hear. i wish ebay would figure this stuff out on their own though. their systems are aupposed to be keeping tabs on bid activity and red flags should be raised immediately by that stuff and they should figure it out on their own. a few months ago i sold a jersey to a non paying bidder. after 4 weeks i filed a complaint against the guy (which does nothing by the way). anyway, soon after i filed the complaint i had about seven jersey auctions ending on the same day. with just about an hour left in the auctions all 7 jersey prices went through the roof. guess who bid on all 7 of them?....the dude who never paid me. he was mad about the complaint and trying to sabatoge all of my auctions by bidding when he obviously did not intend to pay. i cancelled his bids and blocked him and ebay accused ME of wrong doing. a few of the jerseys went back up in price due to other bidders waiting until the last minutes. the previous bidders on the jerseys saw the weird fluctuation/cancelled bids and thought i was having someone determine their high bids and then re-drive them up at the end. i was accused of having people shill bid. i got out of it but boy was i angry at ebay. i have almost 300 feedback and it is 100% positive so i could not believe this could happen. it is still the best place to get what a jersey is worth. sorry. needed a place to vent:)

One of those jerseys I must own someday and have wanted for several years was on ebay this week priced kind of higher than I'd really like to pay, along with a "make and offer" option.

So, I make and offer, which is immediately automatically rejected. Sometimes a seller will specify what they are willing to accept and the system informs you right away. I then make another offer, a bit higher and it too gets rejected. Too bad for me I guess. I'm not willing to go any higher, especially since I was waiting on the outcome of another auction the next day that was in the same price range and didn't think I could afford both.

The second auction ends and I am not the winner, but I notice the first jersey auction has ended early as well, so I go to the page to see what kind of offer the seller was willing to accept - and it's the exact amount of my second offer, only it's been sold to someone else!

The rules of ebay are that the first person to place a bid wins in case two people bid the same amount in an auction, but not in the case of a seller lowering his amount that he's willing to accept on a "make an offer" during the auction, so I'm out two jerseys now.

Ebay drives me crazy. :angry: