EBay

Brilliant!

Appreciate it. What is even more frustrating now was he contacted me trying to make a deal outside of ebay....asking me if I could do better than what someone else was offering....Wanted me to paypal him and gave me his address...but minutes later said the price was higher because someone else was offering 50 more....needless to say I reported him to ebay....wow...that was frustrating....sad thing was, I considered making an offer ...haven't seen one in awhile....need that jersey....but not from that scam artist...

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too have been looking for that 96 USA World Cup Jersey. I think I've had everyone thats been on ebay in the last 3 months in my watch list and the number of those that end early for whatever reason is frustrating. I found one that I asked a question of the quality on and was given a response about the condition and that if i I wanted to make an offer they would entertain it, which really bugged me. He was just trying to get a high price for sure, rather than letting things play out the way it should...AHHHH. Anyway I feel your pain, on this jersey in particular.

I did recently get my hands on a "like new" Team Canada jersey from that tourney and apparently my understanding of no stains, rips, marks, etc and like new are different than the sellers. They did allow me to wash it to try and get everything out and it looks ok now, but still not thrilled about it. I think if I can replace the crest the rest of the jersey is in good enough condition to make things worth while.

Yes, Richter is my all time favorite goalie and I'm a huge Team USA fan and a loved every minute of the 96 World Cup...actually watched the finals again this weekend...just as everyone else has mentioned the hunt for one of these jersey's is frustrating...and dealing with rip off artists to land one makes it even worst...can't believe I'm a grown man and I've been ticked all day about this jersey....Getting real tired of some of the clowns on ebay... seems like their are more and more bullcrap stories coming out... The hunt sadly continues....

Just curious if this was what you were looking at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=018

Just curious if this was what you were looking at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=018

That's the jersey I assumed Dr. D started the fight strap thread about. I was going to take a run at it, but the diligence by the folks in this board helped me decide against. Could be that nothing was wrong with the jersey other than the missing fight strap - but that coupled with the seller's actions makes me think I dodged a bullet. Then again I probably would have lost the auction to one of you guys anyway.

So speaking of ebay, my feedback number was approaching a milestone number so I was keeping an eye on it, and suddenly today my number jumped up over 165 points!

Apparently they have decided that multiple feedback from the same seller left in different weeks, now counts when previously 100 feedbacks from the same seller counted only as 1.

This is perfect for me, since I'm always buying patches from the same few sellers spread out over time.

Anyone else get a nice hefty bump in feedback?

So speaking of ebay, my feedback number was approaching a milestone number so I was keeping an eye on it, and suddenly today my number jumped up over 165 points!

Apparently they have decided that multiple feedback from the same seller left in different weeks, now counts when previously 100 feedbacks from the same seller counted only as 1.

This is perfect for me, since I'm always buying patches from the same few sellers spread out over time.

Not too hefty but went from 507 to 523.

I was wondering that before too. I thought I was going crazy. My number went from 206 to 230. Now I know why!

AHHHHHH I got an absolute BEAST off of eBay today! A Nike authentic blue USA throwback from the 2004 World Cup. WOO-HOO!!! Now all I need is the IIHF patch to put on the hem.

I was wondering that before too. I thought I was going crazy. My number went from 206 to 230. Now I know why!

AHHHHHH I got an absolute BEAST off of eBay today! A Nike authentic blue USA throwback from the 2004 World Cup. WOO-HOO!!! Now all I need is the IIHF patch to put on the hem.

The only place I've seen the IIHF patch has been River City Outrageous Shipping Sports. The ones I used to get had a finished edge and when I finally had to resort to RCS, they did not have a finished edge, making me think they are reproductions.

The nice thing about the 2004 World Cup USA 1932 Throwback is... they didn't wear the IIHF patch on it, saving you the headache!

post-114-1211239767_thumb.jpg

Oh fantastic! That's even better. No name either huh? Excellent. That'll make customization a little easier.

Oh fantastic! That's even better. No name either huh? Excellent. That'll make customization a little easier.

2004 World Cup of Hockey 1932 Throwbacks - no names and no IIHF. Did have World Cup patch.

2005 World Juniors 1932 Throwbacks - names on back and no IIHF

post-114-1211249153_thumb.jpg

The WCoH patch is on its way. Now I just need to find someone who can cut me the number 2's I'm looking for.

The WCoH patch is on its way. Now I just need to find someone who can cut me the number 2's I'm looking for.

It's a unique font, especially with that pronounced outline. I had Exclusive Pro do my Chelios.

God bless eBay. I just won this. There's a few light marks which I'm pretty sure I can get out. The little hole in the CCM on the hem is a bit bothersome, but worth it for the great deal. I've been waiting for a Rangers CCM 52 for a while.

God bless eBay. I just won this. There's a few light marks which I'm pretty sure I can get out. The little hole in the CCM on the hem is a bit bothersome, but worth it for the great deal. I've been waiting for a Rangers CCM 52 for a while.

Grats D. I've been looking quite a while myself and it seems that early 90's CCM authentic Ranger's jerseys are next to impossible to find anymore (especially for me since I want a size 54+).

They did the same change on Ebay Germany today. I went from 601 to 732

• 2 weeks later...

Well, YOU can keep it on the floor...I'll strip the crappy custom job off and redo it correctly!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vtg-Authentic-Tampa-Ba...1QQcmdZViewItem

Lightning 3rd jersey for only 72$! Being a student, I won't buy it, but that's a good deal, somebody here should take it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vtg-Authentic-Tampa-Ba...1QQcmdZViewItem

Lightning 3rd jersey for only 72$! Being a student, I won't buy it, but that's a good deal, somebody here should take it!

$72? Was there a buy it now price on it? It's now just an auction and currently around $10.

yes there was...