EBay

Brilliant!

It looks legit - now if it's a good deal or not is really up to you. Those are getting harder to find it seems, I would suspect there's a fair chance it'll go for over $100. Still not bad considering what they cost at retail when they were released. But ultimately it's up to you as to what you feel comfortable.

EDIT: well see I was wrong on the price - ended at $71 which I think is a deal - hopefully you are the one who won it.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was anybody here the one who got the seller to end the authentic burgerking and wildwing jerseys early?

I was the one who got those :)

They have no fight straps and he sold them for 700 ... I know cause he had a deal with me and then suddenly he changed his mind... I guess its ok if you got them Ricky

yes and he initially had a deal with my cousin for the burger king and he backed out.....he had agreed already and was paid.....never said anything about shipping it and he refunded the money this morning saying they were sold to someone else.....

Too bad the seller lacks some serious integrity. I know 2 local friends who texted me all excited, one first said he offered $500 for the pair, seller accepted, then said "I don't want to do a deal outside of ebay, let me relist them for BIN instead" then never replied or relisted. Second friend said he had a deal at $650 for both and then heard there was no fight straps and offered $600 which seller accepted and then never responded to paypal.

I was definitely interested myself, but after hearing from multiple sources that the seller was wishy washy I decided to not take a risk.

Lightning_4

If you could, when you get them, post some pictures of them up here.

Not to be a bearer of bad news, but the BK looks like it may be a Replica with a tag change, and quite possibly the same with the Wildwing. I was precautious about bidding to begin with. The pics of the BK and Wildwing are from an angle where you should be able to see the double elbow stitching, which I couldn't spot. Then I heard they didn't have fight straps either. Quite possible that they may be replica's with the CCM Rink tagging removed and an Authentic tag slapped in. It would explain the apparent lack of double elbows and missing fight strap. Then when you consider everything else the seller had on ebay, Old Replica's, Average no name jerseys, promotion jerseys, but NO OTHER AUTHENTICS, is it likely that the same person selling mediocre stuff would have 2 of the Rarest Retail authentics ever made, and be willing to sell them for way less then they would have gone for in the auction. All that, Plus the fact there are no pictures of the back posted were enough to deter me..

That being said, Hopefully everyone did there due dilligence and I just never heard saw the details myself and this is a wasted post! I really do hope they are legit and work out to be a deal for yourself and not anything else.

i asked on multiple occasions if the jerseys had the same material as a replica and he never answered me, This guy is ver shady having made multiple deals for multiple amounts.

As for the jerseys his story is that they are exactly like the on ice jerseys without the fight straps and were made for FOx TV hockey broadcast. Obviously the value of the jerseys if Pro authentics is in the 600-700$ each area however if the jerseys are simply replicas they fall in the 500-600 for BOTH.

I will agree with CHOW HOUND that this smells of buyer beware and i know he said no to 750 so the price must have reached higher then that making this a a big investement with possibly a big disappointment coming

Too bad the seller lacks some serious integrity. I know 2 local friends who texted me all excited, one first said he offered $500 for the pair, seller accepted, then said "I don't want to do a deal outside of ebay, let me relist them for BIN instead" then never replied or relisted. Second friend said he had a deal at $650 for both and then heard there was no fight straps and offered $600 which seller accepted and then never responded to paypal.

I was definitely interested myself, but after hearing from multiple sources that the seller was wishy washy I decided to not take a risk.

Lightning_4

If you could, when you get them, post some pictures of them up here.

Not to be a bearer of bad news, but the BK looks like it may be a Replica with a tag change, and quite possibly the same with the Wildwing. I was precautious about bidding to begin with. The pics of the BK and Wildwing are from an angle where you should be able to see the double elbow stitching, which I couldn't spot. Then I heard they didn't have fight straps either. Quite possible that they may be replica's with the CCM Rink tagging removed and an Authentic tag slapped in. It would explain the apparent lack of double elbows and missing fight strap. Then when you consider everything else the seller had on ebay, Old Replica's, Average no name jerseys, promotion jerseys, but NO OTHER AUTHENTICS, is it likely that the same person selling mediocre stuff would have 2 of the Rarest Retail authentics ever made, and be willing to sell them for way less then they would have gone for in the auction. All that, Plus the fact there are no pictures of the back posted were enough to deter me..

That being said, Hopefully everyone did there due dilligence and I just never heard saw the details myself and this is a wasted post! I really do hope they are legit and work out to be a deal for yourself and not anything else.

I talked to the seller before i bought them.He told me he had a lot of offers for the jerseys and told me some were higher than what i offered him but he told me he comitted to me because i was the first one to offer for the jerseys.He told me they both have reinforced elbows and the NHL Sheild and CCM logo were on the back.The only thing they were missing was the fight straps.Also i did some research on my Burger King jerseys.I have put a game worn and a replica side by side.

Notice where the King is located on the jersey (Top is game worn)

2621310510104343728S425x425Q85.jpg

Here are the measurements

(Game worn)

2448037290104343728S425x425Q85.jpg

(Replica)

2044137590104343728S425x425Q85.jpg

The one in the auction matches my game worn one thats what i based it off of)

Also the "Altered" replicas the crest dosent change since you cant move it down without hurting the jersey

For more pics

http://sports.webshots.com/album/579039292EEusXE

Lol,

I wouldn't base it off of your crest location. Replica's were made in sizes S - XXL, and depending on which jersey you have the crest will have a different placement... And yes, you actually could move the crest location without damaging the jersey in the event the iron on used originally has loosened or was not fully adhered. Even if it was, it can be done with steam, as many people have moved logo's on jerseys before.

I'm really not trying to knock down your deal, because if it's legit, you got a great one, just playing devil's advocate because something doesn't add up...

It looks legit - now if it's a good deal or not is really up to you. Those are getting harder to find it seems, I would suspect there's a fair chance it'll go for over $100. Still not bad considering what they cost at retail when they were released. But ultimately it's up to you as to what you feel comfortable.

EDIT: well see I was wrong on the price - ended at $71 which I think is a deal - hopefully you are the one who won it.

That Preds jersey went to me.I plan on having Legwand added to it and a 5 years patch once i find one.

I had the chance to bid on it, but decided I wanted the RBK pre edge version and would rather wait out on it. I want to make it a Timonen jersey with the C and I believe he did not wear the Koho jersey as a captain

That Preds jersey went to me.I plan on having Legwand added to it and a 5 years patch once i find one.

Those are impossible to find. I know a number of people that have been looking for them for the last couple of years (including me). I heard at one point they were given out to some season ticket holders, but I think if that were the case they'd be out there somewhere, but I haven't seen on except on a gamer. I'm fairly certain that patch was never sold at retail.

There is a seller on eBay that is selling a horrible reproduction - be wary of that.

Did anyone here grab this? I bailed at last minute....its not the right year...and the 'N' in "New York" is off....at $270 its probably not a horrible buy though they are pretty scarce.....and it may have gone for more due to the time of year......

Did anyone here grab this? I bailed at last minute....its not the right year...and the 'N' in "New York" is off....at $270 its probably not a horrible buy though they are pretty scarce.....and it may have gone for more due to the time of year......

I did. I am actually interested by other jerseys right now for which I need funds so if you are interested in buying it, please PM me.

...the 'N' in "New York" is off...

The "N" is right it just needs to be flipped I think. I'm fairly certain these were never retailed, so any you find are going to be re-productions of some sort.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130466248976&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_580wt_1139

I can't fathom an Angelo Esposito was faked...this a good price too. Really good. I wish I had a use for this.

Those NEW YORK Sabres jerseys never existed...not in that CCM version anyway. The Sept. 11th jerseys were the ones with the silver shield and the CCM patch at the neck. My guess is that somebody got their hands on a blank CCM jersey and just put the NEW YORK on the front. That said though, it's still pretty sharp looking.

I don't know what's up with that Vikingstad jersey though. It's a legit jersey but he never played in the NHL, did he? Not that I'm aware of anwyay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130466248976&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_580wt_1139

I can't fathom an Angelo Esposito was faked...this a good price too. Really good. I wish I had a use for this.

I wish he wasn't a midget, if there was a way to nab that ridiculous looking Padres jersey for 203-30 bucks I'd do it for poops and giggles...

I don't know what's up with that Vikingstad jersey though. It's a legit jersey but he never played in the NHL, did he? Not that I'm aware of anwyay.

Not a single game. He was drafted by the Blues. I mean...it's Vikingstad...I just don't understand why he's wearing an A and playing for the Sabres. It's sweet, nonetheless.

Those NEW YORK Sabres jerseys never existed...not in that CCM version anyway. The Sept. 11th jerseys were the ones with the silver shield and the CCM patch at the neck. My guess is that somebody got their hands on a blank CCM jersey and just put the NEW YORK on the front. That said though, it's still pretty sharp looking.

That's what was bugging me the most... Not the right CCM jersey... But I always wanted one of these... I have other jerseys that are of interests for me so I am open to offers for it.

That's what was bugging me the most... Not the right CCM jersey... But I always wanted one of these... I have other jerseys that are of interests for me so I am open to offers for it.

Went for something else I was after instead but at that price like I said its not a bad deal and still pretty rare as long as the conversion was well done, and that seller usually has some fairly decent items.....here is the blank I have currently...

Too bad the seller lacks some serious integrity.

ALL of you are making him offers to end auctions early to avoid fair and honest competition and he lacks integrity? <_<

Jeff....good call, it falls on both camps here....I was watching that one and saw it cancelled....having said that the issue with dealing outside the 'bay' is that you can lose your buyer protection....a concern especially with the large $ involved here..