EBay

Brilliant!

:fight:

i guess i'm asking too little for my ccm black bruins size 52, huh?

:blink:

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there are alot of Caps fans on the board. Heres one that might be of interest, even if its just a replica.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dale-Hunter-Washington...c#ht_500wt_1182

Here is another interesting one if you like team issued jerseys

http://cgi.ebay.com/LA-KINGS-Pro-Stock-NHL...2#ht_500wt_1182

Thanks Canes...I was at the Caps-Wings game tonight [the first time I've ever seen us beat the Wings in person] so I'm just getting on here now. That Dale Hunter is on my watch list -- does anyone have any opinions re: the included Stanley Cup patch? I know people have said Wolfram usually has good items, but does anyone see any reason to doubt this one other than the CCM hem patch peeling? Interestingly, I just looked at my existing (currently uncustomized) blue Caps replica and this one from Wolfram may be slightly newer than mine (purchased about 1995 or 1996, 1997 at latest, as my first "real" jersey purchase), as mine is made of the "ultrafil" material and has the CCM hem "patch" screened on in the familiar red and blue. My black Caps replica (also still uncustomized) from approximately 1998 or 1999 is the slightly more "modern" airknit and has the CCM hem patch in the same style as this one [not at the neck yet- for those who may be unaware, that version was tagged as Koho on authentics and the replicas were either Koho or CCM, and these appeared starting in the 2000-01 season], but strangely, this one has the eagle on the opposite side of the CCM than I've ever seen it on any CCM jersey- my black one and white "Eagle" replica both have the eagle patch to the right of the CCM hem patch, and I know the authentics obviously all had the NHL shield to the right, seemingly leaguewide for all of the teams that weren't Nike/Starter/etc. which to my knowledge also all had the NHL shield to the right of the Swoosh/S-Star/etc. at the time - so is this one an error or a is there a more unique CCM style out there from that time which I'm just not aware of?

The Hunter is a late 90s CCM semi-pro jersey. The team logo is usually on the right on those jerseys but because of the design of the jersey goes into the hemline they had to place the Caps logo on the left.

That said I don't think I have ever seen a replica Caps screaming eagle jersey with the screened CCM logo. Then again I was going for the Starter jerseys back in the day and the CCM semi-pros were replacing the replicas fairly early into that jersey's history.

The Hunter is a late 90s CCM semi-pro jersey. The team logo is usually on the right on those jerseys but because of the design of the jersey goes into the hemline they had to place the Caps logo on the left.

That said I don't think I have ever seen a replica Caps screaming eagle jersey with the screened CCM logo. Then again I was going for the Starter jerseys back in the day and the CCM semi-pros were replacing the replicas fairly early into that jersey's history.

You know, I never had thought about the design going into the hemline having an impact on the size and placement of the CCM hem tagging. My blue replica must be from before CCM made the changeover to the 550 semi-pro. Looking back, I should have gotten a "vintage" with "real" "Capitals" letters (in place of a "crest") before the changeover to the blue/black/bronze - this would have made my life much simpler today, since I wouldn't still be trying to find them in either "ultrafil" or air-knit. Oh well. Back in those days, I avoided the Starters since the Caps didn't use Starter on-ice. I guess with the black one having the horizontal stripe, it didn't impact the placement of the eagle to the right. The white one from the screaming eagle era that I have is a semi-pro airknit rather than "ultrafil" replica and doesn't have the "Capitals" screened on the front the way the blue one always did, so it's from between the 1997-98 season and the 1999-2000 season. It has the same diagonal stripe as the blue, but they had a slightly different replica hem patch on the white one, which included the shield- it is sewn on as one unit, unlike the ones on the authentics or semi-pros, where the "C", "C", "M" and shield (or team logo) all appear to be separate.

What is the quality of the Starters like from then as compared to the CCM semi-pros? I just saw one listed very cheap, but noticed that at minimum, the blue edge that is supposed to be around the collar and either the NHL shield/conference logo which I assume from the Starter authentics and replicas of other teams I've seen is supposed to be next to the Starter hem tag are both missing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=300386818575.

Thanks Canes...I was at the Caps-Wings game tonight [the first time I've ever seen us beat the Wings in person] so I'm just getting on here now. That Dale Hunter is on my watch list -- does anyone have any opinions re: the included Stanley Cup patch? I know people have said Wolfram usually has good items, but does anyone see any reason to doubt this one other than the CCM hem patch peeling? Interestingly, I just looked at my existing (currently uncustomized) blue Caps replica and this one from Wolfram may be slightly newer than mine (purchased about 1995 or 1996, 1997 at latest, as my first "real" jersey purchase), as mine is made of the "ultrafil" material and has the CCM hem "patch" screened on in the familiar red and blue. My black Caps replica (also still uncustomized) from approximately 1998 or 1999 is the slightly more "modern" airknit and has the CCM hem patch in the same style as this one [not at the neck yet- for those who may be unaware, that version was tagged as Koho on authentics and the replicas were either Koho or CCM, and these appeared starting in the 2000-01 season], but strangely, this one has the eagle on the opposite side of the CCM than I've ever seen it on any CCM jersey- my black one and white "Eagle" replica both have the eagle patch to the right of the CCM hem patch, and I know the authentics obviously all had the NHL shield to the right, seemingly leaguewide for all of the teams that weren't Nike/Starter/etc. which to my knowledge also all had the NHL shield to the right of the Swoosh/S-Star/etc. at the time - so is this one an error or a is there a more unique CCM style out there from that time which I'm just not aware of?

On an unrelated note, Wolfram charges WAY too much for shipping. I live about 5 minutes from the guy and while I can appreciate not allowing local pickups, he woldn't give me a break to ship it to me. A jersey in a padded mailer is less than $10 to ship. Even as a parcel with insurance $15 is a stretch.

Edited by CanucksJerseyGuy

I personally will never buy from Wolfram3d again. His products are legit - but he charged me quite a bit for shipping. Nothing insane, just a bit more than I would have expected.

When the jersey arrived, it was crammed into a Dole Fruit Cups box (ie. colorful laminated graphics - didn't look like a shipping box) that was hastily taped together. The outside of the box was even sticky (the inside was not). When it was left at my door, my neighbor actually thought it was trash that had blown into my yard. While the jersey itself was as described, the crest had issues from being creased when crammed into the box. Granted the jersey wasn't listed as mint and I knew as much, so I didn't ask for a refund. I did contact him and tell him I expected more for what he charged me in shipping. He informed me that he made no promises regarding shipping containers in the auction and that if I was so sensitive about such things then I should ask before bidding.

I personally will never buy from Wolfram3d again. His products are legit - but he charged me quite a bit for shipping. Nothing insane, just a bit more than I would have expected.

When the jersey arrived, it was crammed into a Dole Fruit Cups box (ie. colorful laminated graphics - didn't look like a shipping box) that was hastily taped together. The outside of the box was even sticky (the inside was not). When it was left at my door, my neighbor actually thought it was trash that had blown into my yard. While the jersey itself was as described, the crest had issues from being creased when crammed into the box. Granted the jersey wasn't listed as mint and I knew as much, so I didn't ask for a refund. I did contact him and tell him I expected more for what he charged me in shipping. He informed me that he made no promises regarding shipping containers in the auction and that if I was so sensitive about such things then I should ask before bidding.

Yeah his shipping charges are ridiculous. For items he ships within Canada he is making an easy $15 extra since the shipping probably costs him around $10. My biggest pet peeve is the sellers that try and justify there high shipping prices saying "well the extra charge is for my gas and time to go to the post office blah blah blah" if your going to sell on ebay then those kind of things are expected.

It actually costs me around $16 to ship within Canada by ground no less, so I guess $25 isn't all that absurd. I can't stand people asking $30 to ship to Canada from the states though. USPS clearly has it on their website for $11.45 as small flatrate box, and I've even seen postage for around $5.xx on some of my previous envelopes...

Of course, theres guys that asked me for $12 within Canada and the postage shows up as $24 for express post :P But they're definitely a rarity!

On an unrelated note, Wolfram charges WAY too much for shipping. I live about 5 minutes from the guy and while I can appreciate not allowing local pickups, he woldn't give me a break to ship it to me. A jersey in a padded mailer is less than $10 to ship. Even as a parcel with insurance $15 is a stretch.

Did you ask to meet at a mutually convenient spot with him? Like the corner of the street you guys both live on? :P

Just to clarify - I'm okay with $25 shipping from Canada to me in the states, especially if that's listed up front. My issue was paying that much only to receive a junk looking box and jersey wadded in a ball with a creased crest.

Dirt Cheap Dallas Stars Customized Authentic Jersey for $20.00 Buy it Now size 56

to bad its customized with Steve Gainey.....but it could be turned into a sexy Phillpe Boucher

Gainey Stars Jersey

I have yet to have an issue with shipping from wolfram. i have two more authentics coming from him this week, a thrasher white and a florida Blue both Reebok 6100s. Shipping has always been in proper shipping boxes. I have only been charged 20 in shipping and thats from BC to North Carolina. Maybe you got to him Akteon and he changed his shipping methods.

It actually costs me around $16 to ship within Canada by ground no less, so I guess $25 isn't all that absurd. I can't stand people asking $30 to ship to Canada from the states though. USPS clearly has it on their website for $11.45 as small flatrate box, and I've even seen postage for around $5.xx on some of my previous envelopes...

Of course, theres guys that asked me for $12 within Canada and the postage shows up as $24 for express post :P But they're definitely a rarity!

Weird. All the packages I've recieved from within Canada show $10-$12 for shipping.

I've been getting a lot in the mail lately with terrible packaging, wadded up and creased.

It's the middle of winter, put the jersey in a plastic shopping bag at least before putting it in the box.

I had one show up at my door and the box had popped open, the jersey had ice and snow encrusted on it.

Dirt Cheap Dallas Stars Customized Authentic Jersey for $20.00 Buy it Now size 56

to bad its customized with Steve Gainey.....but it could be turned into a sexy Phillpe Boucher

Gainey Stars Jersey

I would go with Bill Guerin myself...

I've been getting a lot in the mail lately with terrible packaging, wadded up and creased.

It's the middle of winter, put the jersey in a plastic shopping bag at least before putting it in the box.

I had one show up at my door and the box had popped open, the jersey had ice and snow encrusted on it.

That's awful... here is an example of why people should put a jersey into a bag of some type before putting it into a box (my own personal preference is that I've found that they fit quite well and fold neatly in 2-gallon zip-closure/Ziploc-type bags, but I suppose any type of bag would do the trick to prevent this): I just received a 550 "Vintage" where they sent it loose in one of those plasticized self-sealing big envelopes from Canada Post, it looks like some print from either the shipping slip or from the inside of the Canada Post envelope itself bled onto the CCM collar tag while in transit, and for the Vintage line, those tags are pretty wide and half-white where the CCM logo is on it, so it shows quite a lot on that collar tag style. In my case on this jersey, it didn't turn out to be that big of a deal and will probably come off when I wash the jersey [instead I wore it to the Caps-Wings game last night and the Caps won, so maybe I shouldn't wash it], but there was nothing preventing whatever this print was from possibly getting all over the jersey instead of just a bit on the collar tag. Since it could have done so just as easily, if that had happened, I'd have been a bit mad about that.

I have that on my watch list

Weird. All the packages I've recieved from within Canada show $10-$12 for shipping.

Maybe I need to start cramming em into tiny mail packages then :P

I always go with the bigger size because I'd hate to damage the jersey

im surprised it went that high.. ive had a handfull of those for sale within the past year and barely got 50 bucks..

IIHF if you ever have any goalie cut jerseys that you are looking to sell for 50 bucks let me know. As I would love one to play in, ever since I am out of sponsored hockey I don't have any cool jerseys to wear when I am playing. I probably wouldn't be too picky on the country.

So, with only like 2 minutes left, someone finally puts a bid in on my ProPlayer Ottawa Senators jersey. Then, right after the auction ends, I find this message from eBay in my e-mail:

I am terribly sorry, but unfortunately I am no longer interested in your jersey.

I responded by asking why bother bidding and said that since he bid and won, I needed payment. I'm justified with that response I gave him, correct? I mean, he won, and it's not like he bid a couple days ago and couldn't put in a bid retraction form.

So, with only like 2 minutes left, someone finally puts a bid in on my ProPlayer Ottawa Senators jersey. Then, right after the auction ends, I find this message from eBay in my e-mail:

I responded by asking why bother bidding and said that since he bid and won, I needed payment. I'm justified with that response I gave him, correct? I mean, he won, and it's not like he bid a couple days ago and couldn't put in a bid retraction form.

You are justified. I don't sell often on ebay,but the last four out of five times people never paid for the item they won. I just don't get why they are bidding and in your case that is simply ridiculous. I just wish there was something more that could be done on their ebay account other than a non payers strike which I think is waste.