EBay

Brilliant!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the fight strap attachment and NHL shield it's legit but the letters are pretty small and the back #'s should be a little bit higher

I agree, the numbers are too low on that jersey. That makes me question it's legitimacy. Also, to me, based on the pictures provided by that seller, the bottom doesn't really look exactly like an EDGE. It doesn't have that EDGE rounded cut. So I don't know, it's probably a fake.

Looks like a legit EDGE jersey with a bad customization job. Jersey itself looks nothing like the usual fakes.

Looks like a legit EDGE jersey with a bad customization job. Jersey itself looks nothing like the usual fakes.

Yeah, the jersey looks 100% authentic with a bad custom job. If that jersey is fake then that is the best fake I've seen but I seriously doubt it's fake.

With Ovechkin becoming captain as of tonight's game (after the trade of Chris Clark and 2010 Olympian Milan Jurcina to Columbus for Jason Chimera), I wonder how fast the fakes will take to change over on Ebay vs. the real ones?

Hey guys,

I'm totally new to this whole ''what's a real/fake jersey look like'' discussion. I was wondering, what do you guys think of this Rangers jersey? Authentic or bogus? Lundqvist Jersey

Thats a fake

A replica, then?

No a fake authentic jersey..a sign i see is the Canadian Leaf on the tag..well check this thread out

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?sho...800&hl=fake

Here is a nice Authentic Mighty Ducks jersey

http://cgi.ebay.com/MIGHTY-DUCKS-OF-ANAHEI...=item20aed96132

That's a nice one, right there!

The thing is, my brother bought that Rangers jersey for me. And I was just curious to know if it was really authentic. It doesn't feel that bad at all. I mean, how bad of a jersey is it really? lol.

Those CCM Authentics shouldn't have those shoulder patches. The Mighty Ducks added them when they switched to Nike.

The thing is, my brother bought that Rangers jersey for me. And I was just curious to know if it was really authentic. It doesn't feel that bad at all. I mean, how bad of a jersey is it really? lol.

With those fake/counterfeit jerseys from overseas like that one, the material may not be that bad compared to a replica, but there's shoddy work on all of the details. Often the customization is wrong (bad font, crooked alignment, etc.) and they always use the wrong material for the lettering. The fight strap is cheap. The stitching can vary wildly from being overly stitched to barely stitched - nothing like the traditional zig-zag stitch. The knockoff jerseys often wear out early or begin to frey much sooner than an authentic - although that's simple anecdotal.

Sure they might be better than a replica from shop.NHL.com with the vinyl lettering with fake stitch marks (which is a crime against all jerseydom) but they will never compare to a true authentic or even a replica customized from a place like IJ or EPS.

Thanks, akteon.

I would like to buy another Rangers jersey, but I don't really feel like shelling out over $200 on an authentic one. A replica may do just fine. Any thoughts on this one? ebay Rangers jersey - Lundqvist

That jersey looks to be a legitimate RBK Premier replica, however I don't know the quality of the customization. It looks decent from the picture, but they aren't too detailed. I haven't heard anything bad about the seller though.

Other options are: EPS (Exclusive Pro Sports) who do excellent work and are currently offering free customization on all NHL jerseys (the downside being no real online ordering system), OR ProJerseys who also does his own customizing with the only draw back being he doesn't use nameplates on the replicas, OR IceJerseys of course who will guarantee to get the jersey customized perfectly.

That jersey looks to be a legitimate RBK Premier replica, however I don't know the quality of the customization. It looks decent from the picture, but they aren't too detailed. I haven't heard anything bad about the seller though.

Other options are: EPS (Exclusive Pro Sports) who do excellent work and are currently offering free customization on all NHL jerseys (the downside being no real online ordering system), OR ProJerseys who also does his own customizing with the only draw back being he doesn't use nameplates on the replicas, OR IceJerseys of course who will guarantee to get the jersey customized perfectly.

THanks, man. I'll check those sites out and see what they got. If I don't find anything, I'll most likely buy that replica. Appreciate your help.

Those CCM Authentics shouldn't have those shoulder patches. The Mighty Ducks added them when they switched to Nike.

I've got one pretty much identical to the one linked there (possibly even the same seller? can't recall EDIT: yes, it was the same seller) and when I bought it i thought the same thing. But the reality was I wanted a Mighty Ducks jersey in sz48 and the fabric is authentic, has a fight strap and the duck logo is raised/padded. Plus the price was a steal on the one I got.

So in short, I don't know what the hell is up with the jersey being official in regards to the shoulder patches, but i'm happy with mine.

Edited by Fitzwah

Man the other day I asked Pro Jerseys how much it would cost to buy one of their North Stars jerseys blank since they don't know how to customize them correctly, and they told me it would be the same price as a customized one ($170). I asked how that is possible and told them it doesn't make sense, and that if they're not going to bother customizing them correctly they should at least offer blank ones for a reasonable price. Their response was "Buzz off." Wow, great customer service.

Man the other day I asked Pro Jerseys how much it would cost to buy one of their North Stars jerseys blank since they don't know how to customize them correctly, and they told me it would be the same price as a customized one ($170). I asked how that is possible and told them it doesn't make sense, and that if they're not going to bother customizing them correctly they should at least offer blank ones for a reasonable price. Their response was "Buzz off." Wow, great customer service.

Dude, I'm tellin ya, vintage minnesota hockey is the place to go for the north stars jerseys. I was in contact with Kyle (owner) and he lived up to their moto "we'll treat you like you are our only customer" And its true. Although ordering is screwy. After the order is placed, you need to send them an email of who you want.

I've got one pretty much identical to the one linked there (possibly even the same seller? can't recall EDIT: yes, it was the same seller) and when I bought it i thought the same thing. But the reality was I wanted a Mighty Ducks jersey in sz48 and the fabric is authentic, has a fight strap and the duck logo is raised/padded. Plus the price was a steal on the one I got.

So in short, I don't know what the hell is up with the jersey being official in regards to the shoulder patches, but i'm happy with mine.

The shoulder patches were probably added afterwards

There are two "Pro Jerseys" on eBay. The one with the website Pro-Jerseys.com is on eBay as seller ProJerseys whereas the one you talked to was on eBay as seller Pro-Jerseys. Confusing I know.

Anyway, that specific North Stars jersey you want is available blank tons of places - it's just a standard CCM Vintage version, even IceJerseys sells them.