EBay

Brilliant!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain why they even took away negative buyer feedback.

I'd like to know that, too. I talked with the guy, and I agreed to leave negative feedback and just cancel the sale. Simple as that. But apparently, we can't do that.

So, with only like 2 minutes left, someone finally puts a bid in on my ProPlayer Ottawa Senators jersey. Then, right after the auction ends, I find this message from eBay in my e-mail:

I responded by asking why bother bidding and said that since he bid and won, I needed payment. I'm justified with that response I gave him, correct? I mean, he won, and it's not like he bid a couple days ago and couldn't put in a bid retraction form.

Absolutely justified. As you said, if he bid on it a couple of days ago, and then couldn't retract the bid, that's fine, but within 2 minutes of the auction ending, either you want it or you don't.

Can someone explain why they even took away negative buyer feedback.

Right or wrong, their reasoning was that sellers were withholding feedback, or "holding it hostage" incase they got negative feedback from a buyer for any reason. They could then slam the buyer with retaliatory negative feedback that may or may not have been warranted.

This use of withholding feedback by sellers was discouraging buyers from really saying how they felt about rotten sellers for fear of getting negative feedback in return.

Ebay's logic was that if they knew a seller could not leave them unwarranted negative feedback, they could be free to honestly and fairly rate the seller's performance and wanted buyers to feel like ebay was putting pressure on sellers to provide a good buying experience.

Now, there's always two sides to everything and you can debate the merits of this decision since there are certainly idiot buyers to deserve to be called out every day, but that is what ebay was thinking when they did that. They chose to make sellers more accountable than buyers. Bad buyers won't stop other people from buying on ebay, but too many bad sellers would stop people from buying, and the more people buy, the more money they make.

http://annonces.ebay.fr/viewad/Maillot-Off...heim/5001936844

on ebay france... looks like an old ducks third authentic..

For 190 euros!!! Geez and it's not even game worn! I know that Ducks jersey is hard to find in an authentic these days, but way overpriced in my opinion. <_<

Looks like a durene Sandow replica from the late 70's/early 80's. The smaller Sandow logo on the hem gives that away. Also, the 75th patch should be embroidered instead of screen printed AND was only worn on the road jerseys. Nice try though.

Looks like a durene Sandow replica from the late 70's/early 80's. The smaller Sandow logo on the hem gives that away. Also, the 75th patch should be embroidered instead of screen printed AND was only worn on the road jerseys. Nice try though.

I was going to say that Patch is EXTREMELY rare, and shouldn't it be embroidered...

I get that this is a fake, but how on earth do you get a photograph coming out looking like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/evgeni-malkin-authenti...=item20af2a1834

webcam :P

I saw one a few days ago thats even more.... bizzare. I cant seem to find it anymore though :(

Oh my...that Canada Cup jersey is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. It's too bad the name font is too thin!! ARGH! That'd be worth fixing though. I like the #26 too. Interesting fun fact: Chris wore 26 because Doug Brown had 24 for the tourney. Also, Mike Richter had to wear #1 because Pat Jablonski(you youngins probably never even heard of him!) wore 35. :D

Oh my...that Canada Cup jersey is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. It's too bad the name font is too thin!! ARGH! That'd be worth fixing though. I like the #26 too. Interesting fun fact: Chris wore 26 because Doug Brown had 24 for the tourney. Also, Mike Richter had to wear #1 because Pat Jablonski(you youngins probably never even heard of him!) wore 35. :D

Yes it is man. Too much for me, but someone should POUNCE on that stuff before it gets gobbled up

What do you mean? Starter made some teams in these reversible jerseys where the white side has a sewn crest, and the other side has screened logos. I have a Coyotes and it is very heavy. Unwearable. I think I tried it on once for 30 seconds and took it right off.

IMGA0209.jpg

IMGA0205.jpg

IMGA0207.jpg

Two jerseys sewn together. Very heavy. Impractical. But cool for collectors. Other than the Pens and Coyotes, I don't know who else they made these for.

Not exactly hockey related, and not really eBay related, but going with the recent topic of reversible jerseys - earlier this season the New Jersey Nets apparently offered reversible jerseys with certain ticket packages. The catch was the reverse of the jersey was that of a star player on another team...

nets.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/nets/2009...rsey-promo.html

lollol just in case you dont want to support the Nets

Who wants to support the Nets?!?

If fake jerseys irritate you on EBay, I'd avoid looking for Colts (or Saints) jerseys on there right now... <_<

There's another trend that's been irritating me regarding hockey jerseys on EBay these days. Whenever I type in, say, Washington Capitals jerseys, I get numerous listings of things like this... CAPITALS ##### HARDCORE HOCKEY WASHINGTON SHIRT jersey. This is especially bad when I'm surfing EBay on my ITouch. Pick a team, if you enter it in, you'll get dozens of listings like that.