EBay

Brilliant!

Why did you list the second one as a 52 when you said it wasn't authentic?

That Jagr worries me - he clearly states it's a replica and not an authentic, but lists the size as 52 and says it has a fight strap.

Plus, the letters look like the satin-like material they use on the knockoff jerseys. not twill.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Jagr worries me - he clearly states it's a replica and not an authentic, but lists the size as 52 and says it has a fight strap.

Plus, the letters look like the satin-like material they use on the knockoff jerseys. not twill.

I'm a little suspect about the co-captain's "A," it doesn't look comparable with the other lettering. Also, more up close pictures of the patches on that jersey would be more helpful.

It is a griffenhood. I've had it for over 2 years now. I said it was a replica because that's what it is. It's obviously not authentic.

I actually think the Jagr is one of the more recent, more blatant Chinese knockoffs. Griffenfood does better work than that :P

I think this guy is serious about the price, check out the reply to an offer. That's a lot of typing to say No.

I really want to email him and tell him the price is crazy and it's not that unique of a jersey.

Q: would you take $150 for it? Jan-31-10

A: Hi 1979dane: I really appreciate your offer, but an ordinary hockey jersey can cost that much, and wouldn't be as unique as this one. Living in B.C., I'm sure that you would really have a lot of pride in having such a great momento of an important part of Canuck history. I just have to look at this beautiful jersey and I can see someone wearing this to the Canuck games and everyone complimenting on how neat this 12 year old jersey is. The fact that there are no numbers on it, and you can personalize it however you want, makes it that much more attractive. Ironically, someone from the U.S. has given me a FORMAL OFFER of $150.00, and I am going to turn that down, but if I was going to accept $150.00, I would have to take his because it was in the form of a FORMAL "HIS BEST OFFER", and not just a question in the Messates Form. I am sure that I will be getting quite a few offers, especially with the hype of the Olympics here, so I do hope that you re-consider and make me a much more attractive offer. If you do want to make an offer again, please use the OFFICIAL form when it says "make an offer". I'm sorry that I couldn't accept $150.00, and I appreciate you making that offer. It would be really nice to have someone from B.C. win the jersey, but like everything else, it will depend on who gives the most attractive offer. BTW, You are fairly new to eBay, do you have an account set up with PayPal, as I usually only accept PayPal for payments. Thanx again. The Canucks sure came back last night and trounced the Maple Laffs, didn't they???? Ken

I think this guy is serious about the price, check out the reply to an offer. That's a lot of typing to say No.

I really want to email him and tell him the price is crazy and it's not that unique of a jersey.

Q: would you take $150 for it? Jan-31-10

A: Hi 1979dane: I really appreciate your offer, but an ordinary hockey jersey can cost that much, and wouldn't be as unique as this one. Living in B.C., I'm sure that you would really have a lot of pride in having such a great momento of an important part of Canuck history. I just have to look at this beautiful jersey and I can see someone wearing this to the Canuck games and everyone complimenting on how neat this 12 year old jersey is. The fact that there are no numbers on it, and you can personalize it however you want, makes it that much more attractive. Ironically, someone from the U.S. has given me a FORMAL OFFER of $150.00, and I am going to turn that down, but if I was going to accept $150.00, I would have to take his because it was in the form of a FORMAL "HIS BEST OFFER", and not just a question in the Messates Form. I am sure that I will be getting quite a few offers, especially with the hype of the Olympics here, so I do hope that you re-consider and make me a much more attractive offer. If you do want to make an offer again, please use the OFFICIAL form when it says "make an offer". I'm sorry that I couldn't accept $150.00, and I appreciate you making that offer. It would be really nice to have someone from B.C. win the jersey, but like everything else, it will depend on who gives the most attractive offer. BTW, You are fairly new to eBay, do you have an account set up with PayPal, as I usually only accept PayPal for payments. Thanx again. The Canucks sure came back last night and trounced the Maple Laffs, didn't they???? Ken

I'll gladly do it right now if you don't want too.

Can't wait to read the short story that comes back.

Eh I felt kinda bad after I sent it because I was a bit condescending and the guy is doing it to raise money for his brother. I mean it could be a hoax, but I still got a little mean towards the end.

Very quick understandable response:

Hi Xcdudesquadloves91: Within 16 hours, I have had two offers of $150.00 and yours of $160.00, so I think that I will wait a while to see just what others are willing to pay. It won't be the end of the world if I don't sell it, but I thought that it would be a great way to help my Brother out a bit. I appreciate your asking about the $160.00, but I have to humbly let it pass AT THIS TIME. If you want to make an offer again, would you please use the "Best Offer" form that is within the listing, and not just send me a question. When it comes down to it, I would accept an official offer on the eBay site before I would commit myself to a question in the Message Box. You are very welcome to come back with a higher price and if I think that it is close to what I would like to get, then perhaps I might accept it. If you are serious about acquiring this jersey, I would suggest that you not hesitate in making an official offer because someone out there may make me that offer that I find acceptable, and then the jersey is gone. It's so hard to foresee just how this is going to transpire, but I am hoping for a couple of good offers that I can consider seriously. Thanx again for your interest, and I wish you good luck in the bidding. I sure hope that Brodeur does well in the Olympics. Thanx, Ken

Basically he said I understand your offer, but I really am looking for more. I mean he's not going to get more, but he's welcome to try!

Very quick understandable response:

Basically he said I understand your offer, but I really am looking for more. I mean he's not going to get more, but he's welcome to try!

If he's being honest, I kind of feel bad for him, since he probably thinks he has a hot item on his hands. Did you explain that it's a not-particularly desirable blank with a patch on it?

Im sorry if this offends anyone, but its my job and career to be skeptical, even more so when dealing with the worst of the worst on the street. This would work as a really nice sob story if you wanted to sell a highly overpriced jersey. I wouldnt pay more then 110 for that jersey. Im tired of seeing a jersey sell for more then they are worth nowadays. But thats my opinion and im sticking to it.