EBay

Brilliant!

In other news...why would anyone ruin two great All Star jerseys like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-NHL-All-Star-Jers...id=p3286.c0.m14

:(

:angry:

That is just horrible.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other news...why would anyone ruin two great All Star jerseys like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-NHL-All-Star-Jers...id=p3286.c0.m14

The only thing that helped me feel at least a little better about that jersey was the fact they ruined two replicas. That one's a joke.

The autographs make it WORSE I think.

This is part of the reason I love being an AHL fan so much. No one tries to make fake AHL jerseys....that means I know the ones I buy off Ebay will be legit.

The autographs make it WORSE I think.

This is part of the reason I love being an AHL fan so much. No one tries to make fake AHL jerseys....that means I know the ones I buy off Ebay will be legit.

I've seen fake CHL Jerseys

Well one team

Shawinigan Cataractes They have 2 fake jerseys on the market

Hey guys, I just picked up this jersey for a really good price but just want to make sure its legit. I am almost positive it is but maybe you guys will see something I am missing. Here is the listing

TML reebok jersey

I guess I don't fully understand some Ebay sellers and/or how much certain jerseys are worth, but I'd like to rant against one seller I dealt with the other day:

The seller had listed a Tyler Kennedy WBS Penguins warmup jersey that they had won at jerseys off the players' backs at fan appreciation night a couple years ago. It was also autographed by Kennedy at that time. I had been watching the listing the first time and the seller started it at $200. After a few days they received no bids (this jersey was also not listed very well may I add) and lowered the starting price to $180. It still got no bids at $180 and that's where the auction ended.

The seller relisted the item for $150 and still, there are no bids on the jersey. I wanted to ask the seller if I could buy the jersey for the $150 since they are just getting no bites...plus the item was in my watch list the first time but I had missed the end of the acution b/c I was at work and had forgotten about it. The seller e-mailed me back yesterday and told me that the jersey is worth more than $150 and they wanted my best offer.

I'm confused, so maybe someone can clarify: If the jersey is worth more than $150, why did the seller list it at that much? I also want to add that there's no reserve price set either...so it's not like no one won the first time b/c they didn't meet the reserve. I just don't get why you'd start an item at such and such an amount and then claim the item is not worth that much.

As of now, there are still no bids...so between that and the poorly listed item makes me wonder if the jersey will even sell the second time around. I'm still interested in it but the seller refuses to sell it to me for the $150. I am thinking of just putting in a bid as normal though.

I don't really understand the whole jersey worth thing either so maybe someone can explain it to me? The jersey is a warm up jersey meaning it has very little if any visible wear (I have a game worn warmup that I won this past season and there is no wear to be seen on it either), it wasn't even worn for a full game, and it is autographed. Now Kennedy is on the Pittsburgh team, but he is by no means Sidney Crosby or Kris Letang. He is a third or fourth line forward. Is it because of the autograph that the seller could believe that it's more than $150? Is he/she really sure it is worth more than that, or is it a matter of personal opinion...or is it a lack of knowledge about the jersey market? Any insight would be appreciated.

I guess I don't fully understand some Ebay sellers and/or how much certain jerseys are worth, but I'd like to rant against one seller I dealt with the other day:

The seller had listed a Tyler Kennedy WBS Penguins warmup jersey that they had won at jerseys off the players' backs at fan appreciation night a couple years ago. It was also autographed by Kennedy at that time. I had been watching the listing the first time and the seller started it at $200. After a few days they received no bids (this jersey was also not listed very well may I add) and lowered the starting price to $180. It still got no bids at $180 and that's where the auction ended.

The seller relisted the item for $150 and still, there are no bids on the jersey. I wanted to ask the seller if I could buy the jersey for the $150 since they are just getting no bites...plus the item was in my watch list the first time but I had missed the end of the acution b/c I was at work and had forgotten about it. The seller e-mailed me back yesterday and told me that the jersey is worth more than $150 and they wanted my best offer.

I'm confused, so maybe someone can clarify: If the jersey is worth more than $150, why did the seller list it at that much? I also want to add that there's no reserve price set either...so it's not like no one won the first time b/c they didn't meet the reserve. I just don't get why you'd start an item at such and such an amount and then claim the item is not worth that much.

As of now, there are still no bids...so between that and the poorly listed item makes me wonder if the jersey will even sell the second time around. I'm still interested in it but the seller refuses to sell it to me for the $150. I am thinking of just putting in a bid as normal though.

I don't really understand the whole jersey worth thing either so maybe someone can explain it to me? The jersey is a warm up jersey meaning it has very little if any visible wear (I have a game worn warmup that I won this past season and there is no wear to be seen on it either), it wasn't even worn for a full game, and it is autographed. Now Kennedy is on the Pittsburgh team, but he is by no means Sidney Crosby or Kris Letang. He is a third or fourth line forward. Is it because of the autograph that the seller could believe that it's more than $150? Is he/she really sure it is worth more than that, or is it a matter of personal opinion...or is it a lack of knowledge about the jersey market? Any insight would be appreciated.

I have been watching different Calgary Flames AHL and ECHL affilate game worn jerseys. I have noticed that the AHL jerseys game worns are on average more expensive than a fringe player in the NHL. Perhaps this is because the last 4 Calgary Flames Affiliates are now defunct. (St.John Flames, Omaha Knights, Quad City Flames and ECHL Vegas Wranglers) I think it is partly because the AHL dont get as many sets of jerseys for their seasons, therefor less and then supply demand takes over. I dont know about the AHL, but in the WHL with the hitmen, there is this sacred aura surrounding former players from the hitmen who are now in the NHL, whether its Brad Stuart, Ryan Getzlaf or even Darcy Hordichuk. So perhaps he has the same sentimental value for Tyler Kennedy.

I HATE sellers that put reserves on items. I think that they should just list it for the minimum amount that they would accept for it. I usually list my jerseys for the price i paid and then there is at least no loss on the cost. I recently acquired a bunch of AHL Quad City Flames Jerseys, i listed them starting at $20, and it sold for $79. Meanwhile someone with the same jersey but with a reserve had his end at $50 (reserve was still not met i might add) i think reserves turn many people off and scare them away.

Well I would definitely put a bid on it for $150 if I were you. That way, you don't have to argue with him about a buying price if you don't buy it off of him on ebay. Maybe he is being very stubborn about it being "game worn" and autographed. I think too many times people feel an autograph is worth much more than it actually is. Because the jersey is "game worn" the seller might feel like there's no other way to get that jersey so he is trying to make you pay a full tilt for it.

Hey guys. I have a few Ranger jerseys but wouldn't exactly call myself a collector just yet. I had a little washing machine accident with one of my Shanny jerseys after a game last week. I really didn't want to go buy a new one unless i found one for a good price. So is this one legit? I know its not real in the sence that its an authentic or whatever, but I just want to make sure that its not a knock off. Anyone ever deal with this seller before? Thanks in advance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NY-RANGERS-BRENDAN-SHA...id=p3286.c0.m14

yah I think hes ok irish_eyes. You'd get violated in the derrière if you're Canadian on shipping, but for the most part, I have no other complaints

Pensgirl, I know, stupid sellers! I sometimes just flat out ask them what the reserve is so I dont waste my watch list :D that ticks of some sellers but hey, saves me the hassle!

Also I think the fees are the same too for starting at x price vs reserve to x price so I dont see the point either.

Hey guys. I have a few Ranger jerseys but wouldn't exactly call myself a collector just yet. I had a little washing machine accident with one of my Shanny jerseys after a game last week. I really didn't want to go buy a new one unless i found one for a good price. So is this one legit? I know its not real in the sence that its an authentic or whatever, but I just want to make sure that its not a knock off. Anyone ever deal with this seller before? Thanks in advance.

Well it would be a replica, but I would ask the seller for close up pictures of the tags on the collar, if they don't give them to you STAY AWAY. You can use the EDGE fake determining thread to see if they are legit.

I ordered a jersey from mootown once, and I think they get their stock from the same places. It sounds like they get closeouts. Back in 2005, I bought a Forsberg jersey from mootown. Here's how it looked... http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh38/Zo...ys/DSCF2013.jpg . It looks like they use the same photos for their jerseys, so I help this helps, even if its not the same seller. Good luck!

As for me, I finally up and bought a vintage Buffalo Sabres jersey this afternoon. My first jersey purchase since December of last year.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NWT-Rbk-Anaheim-Mighty-...id=p3286.c0.m14

I know it's real (I'm pretty sure)

Just wondering on the sizing. I have a 56 Manitoba Moose jersey from last season that fits well (bit long on the sleeves). How will this fit in comparison to that?