EBay

Brilliant!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we all reported every single fake jersey, I'm pretty sure this whole board would come together complaining about carpal tunnel from all the typing... :lol:

Xune, I like your idea about the scannable tag/barcode thing. But my first worry is that the fake jersey manufacturers would then try to duplicate THAT! God knows nothing has stopped them yet...

I agree, I mean they even faked the Meigray tag (very poorly at that, but they still faked the tag). So a barcode definitely isn't out of the question.

Actually, a barcode would be even easier - they wouldn't have to spell, so maybe barcodes aren't the way to go, unless they also add holograms or some other additional security feature.

the worst part is now that casual fans don't want to pay a lot for the real thing, so there is less of a market for those of us selling real, authentic jerseys.

The one fake that makes me laugh hysterically every time is the Flames red jersey with a WHITE collar tie-up that literally is a shoelace. It doesn't really take a rocket scientist to figure that one out, seeing as how none of the Flames jerseys have a white collar tie on them.

Also, I recently got a Sabres 3rd jersey that I'm having a hell of a time deciding if its a fake or legit. For the price it's either the world's worst(best?) seller or a fake, but it checks out on absolutely every comparison point in tb426's thread as a legit jersey. I'll get some pics up when I get a chance.

the worst part is now that casual fans don't want to pay a lot for the real thing, so there is less of a market for those of us selling real, authentic jerseys.

That's very true, but sad for people like us who actually want authentic jerseys. In my opinion, people who just want to buy cheap knock off jerseys really don't appreciate a jersey or even their NHL team to an extent. I mean, being an NHL fan one is supposed to support their team, buy their merchandise, etc. But to me, when you get people buying these fakes from overseas... to me they just don't want to make an investment in a good quality jersey.

Bottom line, fans who buy the fake knock off jerseys are KNOCKOFF FAKE fans themselves. :rolleyes:

This one cracked me up.... :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ruslan-Fedotenko-Pitts...3DLWI%26ps%3D63

Not only is it a fake, but the Penguins NEVER wore their blue jerseys during the Cup Final last year. hahahaha

I think the NHL Shop actually sold blue jerseys with the Cup patch attached, so that's probably where that idea came from.

And now a bunch of idiot Pens fans are now trying to claim "we won the Cup with the blue jerseys!"

Just. Wow.

That's a bad fake of the Winter Classic jersey. Isn't the lettering supposed to be brown?

Hmmm that Bourque might be legit, but that Iginla is definitely FAKE.

EDIT: I don't know if I would drop $250 on the Bourque though...

I was thinking of throwing a couple bids on these... Let me know if you guys think they are legit. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pittsburgh-Penguins-AU...=item3ef933c5c5

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pittsburgh-Penguins-KO...=item23036b9448

I think the NHL Shop actually sold blue jerseys with the Cup patch attached, so that's probably where that idea came from.

The NFL Shop sells both home and road Super Bowl jerseys for both Super Bowl teams each year. Threw me good when the Colts were playing the Bears in Super Bowl XLI. Thankfully, I was able to find out from my hometown papers which jerseys the Colts were going to wear for that game. I'm not surprised the NHL shop does that with alternate jerseys.

As for EBay. They are actually faking MeiGray tags now?!?! That's irritating. Surely Mei Gray would have some kind of legal recourse for that. If the influx of knock-offs weren't bad enough, now you gotta worry about the game worn jersey tagging.

The NFL Shop sells both home and road Super Bowl jerseys for both Super Bowl teams each year. Threw me good when the Colts were playing the Bears in Super Bowl XLI. Thankfully, I was able to find out from my hometown papers which jerseys the Colts were going to wear for that game. I'm not surprised the NHL shop does that with alternate jerseys.

As for EBay. They are actually faking MeiGray tags now?!?! That's irritating. Surely Mei Gray would have some kind of legal recourse for that. If the influx of knock-offs weren't bad enough, now you gotta worry about the game worn jersey tagging.

I think i am going to stock up on those fake game worns, and then throw them in the dryer with some hockey pucks , and then make some snags and pulls....

That'll really throw them off, and then i will have 12 Game worn Winter Classic Jerseys in my ebay store...

No one will ever know.

This could turn into a sexy Jamie McLennen or Krystoff Oliwa

KOHO Calgary Flames Alternate w/ Number 33

I think i am going to stock up on those fake game worns, and then throw them in the dryer with some hockey pucks , and then make some snags and pulls....

That'll really throw them off, and then i will have 12 Game worn Winter Classic Jerseys in my ebay store...

No one will ever know.

Don't forget to charge the crazy prices, like $49.99 for a gamer.

Don't forget to charge the crazy prices, like $49.99 for a gamer.

I wont charge fake prices though!

THats the Beauty of it all!

I will take fake gamers to the next level by introducing some accelerated aging on the jersey.