EBay

Brilliant!

I'd like to knock out that "van de velde" guy's teeth, he had his name and random numbers plastered all over a bunch of sweet classic jerseys...

True that. I've been watching these Estate auctions for a month or so on Ebay, and this guy ruined dozens of beautiful jerseys with his name and some useless number (his age?). Hopefully they can be resurrected to be made into something that people without that gigantic ego actually want...

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know it's a replica, but do you guys think this is a real premier or an all around chinese knockoff?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ST-LOUIS-BLUES-Brad-Bo...=item4149098e9e

thanks in advance!

Edited by pitt9496

The fact that he has the sizing chart all wrong as well as a stock photo and stock description definitely make me believe it's fake.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I would have to think its a real one.

I have yet to find a Fake St.Louis blues jersey that isnt Oshie or a crappy crappy looking Kariya.

He has 2000 some feedback. Most fake sellers dont last that long

And the other items he is selling all look legit.

My guess it is real, but it will have the crappy single-layer twill with the printed detail on it.

My guess it is real, but it will have the crappy single-layer twill with the printed detail on it.

"Screen-printed twill appliqué player name and numbers"

man I really hate that they do that on the retail Premiers, I accidentally bought a jersey that has that and I'm going to resell it.

That should be fine. Looking over his other for sale items, he just seems to be a retailer of some sort

I personally wouldn't buy any of the stuff that are common fakes without seeing the actual pictures just out of precaution though.

i know it's a replica, but do you guys think this is a real premier or an all around chinese knockoff?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ST-LOUIS-BLUES-Brad-Bo...=item4149098e9e

thanks in advance!

From the photo and maybe even the price I'd say it's real. It has Screen-printed twill appliqué player name and numbers which... nevermind. I don't see any fake hockey jerseys in his listing, just bad custom jobs on some of the jerseys.

From the photo and maybe even the price I'd say it's real. It has Screen-printed twill appliqué player name and numbers which... nevermind. I don't see any fake hockey jerseys in his listing, just bad custom jobs on some of the jerseys.

i understand the deal about the numbers, i'm not too excited about that. however, as a family man, i have to make sacrifices, especially if i want a customized authentic team USA jersey for xmas....

thanks again for all of the insights!

True that. I've been watching these Estate auctions for a month or so on Ebay, and this guy ruined dozens of beautiful jerseys with his name and some useless number (his age?). Hopefully they can be resurrected to be made into something that people without that gigantic ego actually want...

I read that "Van de Velde" was a store, which was sent new jerseys to display as examples in store.

It's not some crazy guy who personalised tons of amazing jerseys.

They start cheap and they're legit NHL merch. I wouldn't complain.

Most of the "classic" jerseys are already at or above $50 with five days left, so let's say they go for 100. $110 for a jersey that will need to be stripped and re-customized. Assuming you don't do the customization or stripping yourself, that's another $100 if you factor in shipping costs. Using the Nordiques jersey as an example, I don't think anyone except sakic wore a number in the 80s for the nordiques, and that was his first year with the single block CCM tag. Who knows if the jersey would even be a clean strip job after all these years. They might seem like a good deal, certain ones with certain numbers might be. But some would be a headache. IMO it's just not worth the trouble...

Most of the "classic" jerseys are already at or above $50 with five days left, so let's say they go for 100. $110 for a jersey that will need to be stripped and re-customized. Assuming you don't do the customization or stripping yourself, that's another $100 if you factor in shipping costs. Using the Nordiques jersey as an example, I don't think anyone except sakic wore a number in the 80s for the nordiques, and that was his first year with the single block CCM tag. Who knows if the jersey would even be a clean strip job after all these years. They might seem like a good deal, certain ones with certain numbers might be. But some would be a headache. IMO it's just not worth the trouble...

I would only ever buy one of his jerseys if it was a number i could use

I would strip a name bar, but when it gets to numbers....im not to comfortable with that.

His 33 Flames one could be a nice Oliwa though

I read that "Van de Velde" was a store, which was sent new jerseys to display as examples in store.

It's not some crazy guy who personalised tons of amazing jerseys.

Not to belabor the point, but here is the background from one of the auction items; you will see that this WAS some guy (maybe crazy, maybe not) who DID personalize tons of amazing jerseys:

"I recently acquired another large amount of sports apparel from an Estate of a 1970's sports shop which closed in our area,to include his private collection. Presented in these listings is one of the jerseys which the original sports companys sent to his store for samples/display purposes. All have the shop owners name,Van De Velde,on the backs."

So I will complain. Sorry.

Any Gonchar fans out there? Here's a Gonchar Russia jersey:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SERGEI-GONCHAR-TEAM-RU...=item45eecac518

As comrade Zubov demonstrates below, the the customization is wrong on that Gonchar jersey. Also I could be wrong, but I don't think they ever wore that style in the Olympics, just for the World Cup in 1996.

embed.jpg

(click to enlarge)

It's also not a genuine Nike, as the swooshes are missing from the chest and shoulder. In addition. the white diagonal stripes lack the gradient effect present on the real ones. It's a Russian knockoff of some sort.

Laval Titan Jersey

This could be a nice Simon Gagne Jersey...

Ends in an hour, its size 52 authentic with fight strap

This one looks legit to me, but I am not sure about his other jersey listings...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Edmonton-Oilers-NHL-Re...=item3a53a5b51f

Thanks.