EBay

Brilliant!

I am curious to know what you guys think about this one - legit or knock off? I have a gut feeling it is legit, but I am not 100 % sure. I am a little hesitant about the color of the Eastern Conference logo on the back hem - I thought it should be teal, not red.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks.

I'm going to go with legit. I've never seen a fake ProPlayer jersey. I think the Eastern Conference logo should be teal if this jersey was meant for the mid-90s.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am curious to know what you guys think about this one - legit or knock off? I have a gut feeling it is legit, but I am not 100 % sure. I am a little hesitant about the color of the Eastern Conference logo on the back hem - I thought it should be teal, not red.

Thanks.

I watch that sellers items alot, everything I've ever seen is legit so I would think that one is too

I am a little hesitant about the color of the Eastern Conference logo on the back hem - I thought it should be teal, not red.

They changed the colors of the Eastern and Western conference logos when they stopped using the teal (east) and purple (west) all-star jerseys in the late 90's.

I've got 4 ProPlayer replicas, 2 west and 2 east, and the conference logos are the newer colors. My 2 Starter replicas are the old colors.

nhl_east1.gif -> nhl_east2.gif -> nhl_east3.gif

nhl_west1.gif -> nhl_west2.gif -> nhl_west3.gif

I think that is a second hand fake.

Why? Could you explain your concerns?

They changed the colors of the Eastern and Western conference logos when they stopped using the teal (east) and purple (west) all-star jerseys in the late 90's.

I've got 4 ProPlayer replicas, 2 west and 2 east, and the conference logos are the newer colors. My 2 Starter replicas are the old colors.

nhl_east1.gif -> nhl_east2.gif -> nhl_east3.gif

nhl_west1.gif -> nhl_west2.gif -> nhl_west3.gif

Wow thanks so much for your help about the logo colors.

I know the User is less than favorably but in his history he has had many Edge jerseys come into his store. Most of the cheaper edge jerseys he has are players that have been traded to another team, like marian gaborik Wild jerseys, or Brendan Shannahan Rangers jerseys. Now its obvious once you look at the jersey that the Twill number colors are in the wrong order. Besides that it appears to be alright, but its a bad picture. Off feedback alone, im probably not going to buy from this guy because he sounds like a jerk but i just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Tampa Bay Third Jersey

I know the User is less than favorably but in his history he has had many Edge jerseys come into his store. Most of the cheaper edge jerseys he has are players that have been traded to another team, like marian gaborik Wild jerseys, or Brendan Shannahan Rangers jerseys. Now its obvious once you look at the jersey that the Twill number colors are in the wrong order. Besides that it appears to be alright, but its a bad picture. Off feedback alone, im probably not going to buy from this guy because he sounds like a jerk but i just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Tampa Bay Third Jersey

I actually just picked up one of those Shanny jerseys from him about a week ago. I didn't have a problem with him. The package showed up in about 3 days. I saw that some people were complaining about the wait. Not sure if its a location thing but I couldn't believe how fast mine came

I would have bought some jerseys off him long ago,

however, i hate it when sellers just make a SOAKING on Canadian shipping.

Last time i paid a high shipping price i paid $22USD in shipping, the postage paid came to $5.50 IN STAMPS!.

I hestitate buying from him because he is a jerk when it comes to someone leaving negative feedback. I like the 3rd and you cant go wrong with with it if the only problem is the twill color is incorrect.

Last time i paid a high shipping price i paid $22USD in shipping, the postage paid came to $5.50 IN STAMPS!.

To be honest, shipping Priority from the US to Canada is pretty expensive. Usually it comes to about $19 for me; more if I have to pay for the package. It sounds like this guy just sent it to you through regular mail without using Priority. There's no way it would be that cheap. How long did it take to show up after he shipped it?

To be honest, shipping Priority from the US to Canada is pretty expensive. Usually it comes to about $19 for me; more if I have to pay for the package. It sounds like this guy just sent it to you through regular mail without using Priority. There's no way it would be that cheap. How long did it take to show up after he shipped it?

It took about 9 business days.

But just about everything that comes from the states takes awhile

Its about the same going the other way(factoring exchange rate) roughly 20 some odd depending on where in the states. Cheapest way to get a tracking number though :/

Real? Even though the customization SUCKS

I think that seller's NHL jerseys are legit. I don't know where the hell he gets those weird customizations... he has several nice jerseys with some pretty rare patches sewn on (Pens All-Star patch, Hawks all-star patch, etc.) but the number only customizations deter me from bidding on his stuff.

Besides, he charges $25 for shipping!!! Outrageous!!! <_<

I think that seller's NHL jerseys are legit. I don't know where the hell he gets those weird customizations... he has several nice jerseys with some pretty rare patches sewn on (Pens All-Star patch, Hawks all-star patch, etc.) but the number only customizations deter me from bidding on his stuff.

Besides, he charges $25 for shipping!!! Outrageous!!! <_<

I bought from him once - charged me $25 for shipping as well. When the jersey arrived in was wadded up in a ball and stuffed into a small Dole fruit box. The reason why I point out the style of the box is that it didn't look like a shipping container. My neighbor saw it on my porch and thought it was trash. Also the box was covered with some sticky fruit juice crap.

I contacted the seller and he said he makes no promises about the shipping containers he uses and that if I was so picky I should have offered to pay extra shipping for him to buy a box. I would avoid him.

I saw his stuff the other day. The jerseys are really nice but those stupid 91's on the back won't be coming off easily or without some discoloration. It's not worth the effort to try and have it fixed.

I saw his stuff the other day. The jerseys are really nice but those stupid 91's on the back won't be coming off easily or without some discoloration. It's not worth the effort to try and have it fixed.

That's what I thought

Quick question about the validity of this lovely item

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...em=140350720193

The fonts look right and, though I'm no tag expert like some here, the CCM tag looks correct for the period. He doesn't state the size or have a photo of the front which could just be an oversite.

I wish that the Leafs had kept that number font rather than going to the one with the goofy silver layer.

I bought from him once - charged me $25 for shipping as well. When the jersey arrived in was wadded up in a ball and stuffed into a small Dole fruit box. The reason why I point out the style of the box is that it didn't look like a shipping container. My neighbor saw it on my porch and thought it was trash. Also the box was covered with some sticky fruit juice crap.

I contacted the seller and he said he makes no promises about the shipping containers he uses and that if I was so picky I should have offered to pay extra shipping for him to buy a box. I would avoid him.

There's no excuse for that, what a jerk. In my opinion he is definitely trying to make a profit on shipping. I see he is trying to sell a "Tavares" Islanders jersey for $60, which is NOT customized with Tavares #91. It may be an RBK EDGE authenic, but there are still gross remains of heat pressed numbers on the jersey and he doesn't even give a picture of the back, which is probably worse! Good luck ever trying to get somebody to pick that one up. <_<

Quick question about the validity of this lovely item

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...em=140350720193

I am a little weary about that one... I bet it is legit, but if you are interested I would contact the seller and as for more pictures. That is probably your best bet.

There's no excuse for that, what a jerk. In my opinion he is definitely trying to make a profit on shipping. I see he is trying to sell a "Tavares" Islanders jersey for $60, which is NOT customized with Tavares #91. It may be an RBK EDGE authenic, but there are still gross remains of heat pressed numbers on the jersey and he doesn't even give a picture of the back, which is probably worse! Good luck ever trying to get somebody to pick that one up. <_<

He says the numbers are in place, so it "can" become a Tavares jersey. What's up with the 91s on EVERYTHING too!

He says the numbers are in place, so it "can" become a Tavares jersey. What's up with the 91s on EVERYTHING too!

91-92 was the last year of the "real" north stars...after that for their last year in MN they had the black dallas stars style jersey...

It would take some work and some chemicals but the NYI jersey could be stripped...but what's the point? That jersey is horrible, I would feel like a clown wearing it...