EBay

Brilliant!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

I'll have to look into that...

I am trying to get all my blank jerseys crested before i start spending more on blank ones.

That could be a sexy Cory Stillman or Fred Brathwaite jersey though

That could be a sexy Cory Stillman or Fred Brathwaite jersey though

or marty st. louis...hmmmm

Nah. I won't go after it so you can get it. I still feel bad about the tkachuk jersey. I got the same ###### blank jersey problem anyway.

Besides, he charges $25 for shipping!!! Outrageous!!! <_<

For outrageous shipping, try getting a 50 dollar sweater from the NHL Shop shipped to Britain... $110 :lol:

Needless to say the NHL Shop still has that stock item...

or marty st. louis...hmmmm

Nah. I won't go after it so you can get it. I still feel bad about the tkachuk jersey. I got the same ###### blank jersey problem anyway.

I already have a St.Louis Flames Jersey....So i'd probably get Stillman, Nylander, or Giguere

I could put Drury on it, and just not put the 2000 patch on it.

I forgot about the Tkachuk jersey....Thanks :-P

I've always been tempted to dress up as Kevin Stevens for halloween but I don't think anyone I know would get the joke.

If I had money to throw around I'd get that Stevens jersey.

Matt, would your costume include hookers and blow? ;)

Matt, would your costume include hookers and blow? ;)

Don't be ridiculous - of course it would! That's the whole point :)

I still love the fact that he stole money from the team, bought some crack and was caught in East St. Louis with a "friend" and entered the NHL's substance abuse program - finished the program got picked up by the Flyers and played another 20+ games that season.

Guys you won't believe it.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARA-33-Boston-Bruins...=item5ad41d66d3

It's the beginning of what I feel will be a HUGE overflow of 2010 fake WC jerseys.......

The funny thing is I bet not many people know they don't hit the stores until November 15..... and it's only mid-October...

:glare:

I didn't know the WC was going to be on St. Patrick's Day...

Don't be ridiculous - of course it would! That's the whole point :)

I still love the fact that he stole money from the team, bought some crack and was caught in East St. Louis with a "friend" and entered the NHL's substance abuse program - finished the program got picked up by the Flyers and played another 20+ games that season.

I still find that whole saga hysterical

It makes me so sick that you cant find half find a decent jersey on ebay anymore without having to worry about if they were fakes. You have about a 80% chance, if not higher, of getting a fake if you buy an edge on ebay. Now even the older jerseys are starting you have fakes pop up. A seller that goes by Myume or something like that ships from thailand or china, and has the Calgary Flames Horsehead customized with Iginla for 23 bucks. I am now half afraid to buy any Flames Horsehead out of fear its a fake. They really need to do something about this.

Yeah I agree.

I've said this multiple times but I get annoyed doing my daily search of Pittsburgh jerseys and pretty much the first five or six pages are ALL fakes. Makes me wanna give up a little...but as a hardcore collector, we must go onward!

Yeah I agree.

I've said this multiple times but I get annoyed doing my daily search of Pittsburgh jerseys and pretty much the first five or six pages are ALL fakes. Makes me wanna give up a little...but as a hardcore collector, we must go onward!

Your Right, I wouldnt buy a poplar team off ebay anymore. Especially the Penguins. I think ever newer jersey i have seen is fake.

It makes me so sick that you cant find half find a decent jersey on ebay anymore without having to worry about if they were fakes. You have about a 80% chance, if not higher, of getting a fake if you buy an edge on ebay. Now even the older jerseys are starting you have fakes pop up. A seller that goes by Myume or something like that ships from thailand or china, and has the Calgary Flames Horsehead customized with Iginla for 23 bucks. I am now half afraid to buy any Flames Horsehead out of fear its a fake. They really need to do something about this.

Those Flames Horse head fakes are brutal, they've been around since pre-edge era. The stripes on the bottem are horizontal not 'V'd and the font of the numbers and name on the back are way off....

Guys you won't believe it.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARA-33-Boston-Bruins...=item5ad41d66d3

It's the beginning of what I feel will be a HUGE overflow of 2010 fake WC jerseys.......

The funny thing is I bet not many people know they don't hit the stores until November 15..... and it's only mid-October...

:glare:

Does anyone ever report these? Sometimes I do when im having abad day... On the item page you can click on a link called"Report Item". And then mark that its a counterfeit clothing item. I explained that this jersey hasnt hit stores yet and they are using the Reebok logo, that it is infact a reproduction.. We should all report every single one..

Yeah , the NHL really needs to do something about this. Jerseys should now come with some type of scannable certificate , or a certain barcode number that you can check online with the reebok website to validate its production...

this is even worse for football jerseys...

If we all reported every single fake jersey, I'm pretty sure this whole board would come together complaining about carpal tunnel from all the typing... :lol:

Xune, I like your idea about the scannable tag/barcode thing. But my first worry is that the fake jersey manufacturers would then try to duplicate THAT! God knows nothing has stopped them yet...

If we all reported every single fake jersey, I'm pretty sure this whole board would come together complaining about carpal tunnel from all the typing... :lol:

Xune, I like your idea about the scannable tag/barcode thing. But my first worry is that the fake jersey manufacturers would then try to duplicate THAT! God knows nothing has stopped them yet...

I bet if we can come up with a process that would protect their jerseys and help validate what was fake and what wasnt, that their sales might go up.. sometimes people just dont care too, so theres that obstacle as well

That's true. Most people DON'T care. For example, at the Garden last night for the Rangers-Kings game, I must've seen about fifty fakes between the phony RBK jerseys and those lousy Starter Gretzky jerseys. Sometimes I'll even go up to them and just mention that it's a knock-off. The response I get most often is, "I don't care, it was cheap." To which I reply, "Yeah and you get what you pay for too".

Yeah , the NHL really needs to do something about this. Jerseys should now come with some type of scannable certificate , or a certain barcode number that you can check online with the reebok website to validate its production...

And thats how a $350 RBK Edge Jersey turns into a $450 Edge Jersey.

Does anyone else remember before eBay was huge in the mid to late 90s that you could get an authentic jersey with the name on it for $210 new

Or a Replica one for $140 with the name stitched with Twill! in a STORE

Okay Team, Time to Split up!

I'll report the fake flames (Big Job)

WBS can report the Fake Pens (Bigger Job)

XUNE can report the mass amounts of fake olympic ones....

etc

We can all specialize in our areas of interest :-P

And thats how a $350 RBK Edge Jersey turns into a $450 Edge Jersey.

Does anyone else remember before eBay was huge in the mid to late 90s that you could get an authentic jersey with the name on it for $210 new

Or a Replica one for $140 with the name stitched with Twill! in a STORE

Even better, it cost my Bruins TBTC authentic black $150 in stores in '91. How times have changed.