Official NHL ice used jersey.

Eric Laperriere

Hello new here,

Are the Adidas climalite jerseys retailing at $200 are the actual ones the players are using on the ice? And what’s the difference between the jerseys without and he ones with the little circle adidas button at the bottom right of the jersey?

Thanks in advance.

EL

No. Adidas does not allow NHL teams to sell actual on-ice jerseys at retail. The only way to get them is to buy a game-worn or get lucky if an NHL team decides to flip the bird to Adidas and sell some in their team store. 

Easiest way to tell is where the jersey is made. Made in Indonesia = What Adidas peddles as "authentic". Made in Canada = on-ice jersey. Other differences are a reinforced fight strap, and just better/stronger material that the jersey is made of. All-around it's a night-and-day difference in quality.

As for the Adidas buttons, I cannot help you with that. I refuse to own a Made in Indonesia Adidas jersey and the on-ice jerseys never had them.

Edited by Van67

8 minutes ago, Eric Laperriere said:

Thanks for the info. Guess I will stick with my Authentic Reebok Edge 2.0 jersey made in Canada.

EL

That’s what a lot of people have elected to do. 

1 hour ago, Eric Laperriere said:

And what’s the difference between the jerseys without and he ones with the little circle adidas button at the bottom right of the jersey?

The Adidas button appeared on the retail jerseys only during the first year of production, which was 2017/18.  In the following years the button was omitted.  The jerseys from 2017/18 and later are essentially the same, except that size 46 and smaller ones from 2017/18 have smaller-sized crests compared to those on sizes 50 and up.  After 2018, the size 46 crests were made larger so that they were the same size as the size 50 and higher ones.  The size 42 & 44 crests remained smaller.

15 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

The Adidas button appeared on the retail jerseys only during the first year of production, which was 2017/18.  In the following years the button was omitted.  The jerseys from 2017/18 and later are essentially the same, except that size 46 and smaller ones from 2017/18 have smaller-sized crests compared to those on sizes 50 and up.  After 2018, the size 46 crests were made larger so that they were the same size as the size 50 and higher ones.  The size 42 & 44 crests remained smaller.

Ok so no difference apart from the production year. Thanks for the info

EL

A lot in this community are of the opinion that Reebok Edge 2.0 are better jerseys anyway, but don't let that make you give up on tracking down Adidas on-ice jerseys. I have a couple Canucks from the first season when they used them for rookie camp. Canucks store sold them at a decent price and I stripped and re-customized them. 

They are get-able, just with patience. Lots of patience. 

This topic also vindicates what some of us have been saying since Adidas took over. They are blatantly false advertising the jerseys sold in stores as what the players wear during games. Drives me legit crazy.

6 hours ago, Eric Laperriere said:

Is at least the team logo patch the same as on ice jersey?

EL

Those are slightly different also. Here is a comparison done between an MiC vs Indo vs Fanatics. These are not my photos.

https://imgur.com/a/AEiiqjt

Although the Adidas made in Canada jerseys are not sold at retail they are out there to purchase.  As time passes more and more will eventually make their way out to the online marketplace and it’s not too difficult to find them now for most teams.  They are pricey but out there if you want one bad enough.  

20 hours ago, Van67 said:

A lot in this community are of the opinion that Reebok Edge 2.0 are better jerseys anyway, but don't let that make you give up on tracking down Adidas on-ice jerseys.

I definitely prefer the cut, and perhaps more importantly, the collars(!!) of Edge jerseys. The material I’ve grown to become ambivalent between 2.0 and adizero and it’s either a diaper bottom or oddly swooping stripes so I’d say that’s a wash too. The one thing I have learned to like more with Adidas jerseys are the dimples. Not the shoulder yolk design or how high up the shoulder (neck) patches are, but the dimples do give the jersey depth that I think is pretty cool from a visual standpoint 

We all know Big Block CCM 6100's were the peak of perfection and everything since has been downhill :)

Edited by Hockey Bob

^ Agreed Bob.  I have a couple Stars MICs and really like them but I've found myself gaining a greater appreciation for the 2.0s as of late... still nothing compared to the CCM 6100s though!

I'm re-discovering my love for the early 90's ultrafils lately. Dangerous for the wallet. 

As for Adidas vs. Reebok, I don't mind the Adidas on-ice jerseys at all, but if there's one area that the Edge 2.0 absolutely destroys Adidas, it's the shoulder patches (at least for Vancouver) ...

QVEdfFU.jpg