The New Jerseys

lafountain

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

main_image_template9507jers.jpg

Pretty good if you ask me.

Yeah pretty good, close to what they have now.

main_image_template9507jers.jpg

Pretty good if you ask me.

No more shoulder patches? It's weird that there are no close ups of any shoulder patches in the official gallery but it seem like the jerseys the players are wearing do have shoulder patches. Or is it just too late over here in Germany?

Check it out:

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=...;galleryId=2272

I think those colors work better on that pattern for the Pens and Bolts than for the Sens. Still disappointing to see so many template designs, though. But then again, I suppose some people could say that for horizontal striping or contrasting yokes.

Though many of the new jerseys fall under a similar template, over time as teams change designs they will start to get some more individuality. Though sadly it will take a few years before we start to see any of these changes, unless a team decides to completely overhaul the logo in the next couple years.

No more shoulder patches? It's weird that there are no close ups of any shoulder patches in the official gallery but it seem like the jerseys the players are wearing do have shoulder patches. Or is it just too late over here in Germany?

Check it out:

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=...;galleryId=2272

If you go to the Penguins official website, they have pics from their unveiling. They are wearing a patch on the right shoulder, a round (trust me), Pittsburgh 250th anniversary patch, which someone on the Penguins official site caught a photo (cropped below) of on Maxime Talbot's shoulder. It's not quite the Alberta flag, ya know. :rolleyes:

penguins250.gif

I like the black uniform better, but to quote cgy_sabresfan, "a resounding whatever".

It seems to me after reading most of the comments on this thread that when it comes to the new jerseys, most of the designs are worse for a variety of reasons (striping, use of negative space, etc.) but what most people seem to agree with is that the white jerseys are pretty terrible. Does anyone have a new white jersey that they like?

The new Hurricanes Jersey.

uniformunveil_front.jpg

A photo slideshow for the new Jersey too.

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app/?servic...;galleryId=2285

After a good start on the new jerseys, then a slowdown, they are starting to get better again in my opinion. I do like the looks of this one too.

The Wild unveil tomorrow.

Are the Canes any different? I don't think their ugly, I just don't care for them.

In response to SabreFanniNYC, I really like the white Flames jersey and I don't mind the Canes whites.

The only differences on the Hurricanes jerseys are the 80's style Oiler-like stripes on the shoulders and a larger section of black on the sleeves. Still, they're not bad. I've always liked the 'Canes jersey especially the red ones. I'm glad they kept the warning flags across the waist too. That's a great touch.

Carolina's fall under the if-it-ain't-broke-don't-fix-it category. The shoulder piping will take getting used to and looks better on the red jersey. The 10th anniversary patch is sharp. I am extremely glad that they got the waist flags to conform to the Rbk Edge template and kept the race-car numbers. :skaterred:

It seems to me after reading most of the comments on this thread that when it comes to the new jerseys, most of the designs are worse for a variety of reasons (striping, use of negative space, etc.) but what most people seem to agree with is that the white jerseys are pretty terrible. Does anyone have a new white jersey that they like?

Boston's, Calgary's, Columbus' and Washington's are very good, Florida's, too, on second thought. We may like a lot of these better once we see them in action.

The thing I hate the most about the new jerseys (white or dark, for that matter) is the size tag on the front of the replica jerseys, especially on Boston's, Carolina's and Vancouver's, as the size tag is set right in the stripe pattern.

We may like a lot of these better once we see them in action.

That is a good point, one I have heard echoed on other boards- that these jerseys look better when worn by the guys on the ice with pads which leads me to another question- if that truly is the case, then what about all of us fans in the 300s who want to wear these things? If they don't look great standing alone and not necessarily great on non-padded players at the roll-outs then why buy em? I agree the Canes jersey probably looks the best in white but the only ones I am inspired to buy at this point at the Flames (they kept the ties and those shoulder patches are calling to me) and the Pens (simple design, kept the angry penguin). All the rest, I don't think would look great on me unless maybe I buy them to wear at my rec league games. Just my 2 cents.

The whole thing:

wild08.jpg

Look at those quality (NOT) hangers they are using in that photo. The NHL logo is barely peeking out on the neck of the red one. I see they utilized the ribbed collar from the 2004 All-Star jerseys. I like that they retained most of their 'classic' design on the white jersey. See, it can be done! Also, notice that they are using the replica jerseys to show off the new look. I know the State of Hockey can put forth a better presentation of this new product.

Has anyone noticed the jock tags on the premiere replicas? Go to our host's site, and pull up pictures of Carolina especially. Does anyone know how they are sewn on/attached to the jerseys? I think it looks terrible. I hope that they can be removed.

One of the things I'm curious about with the new jerseys is the fact that the material looks like it will pick easily. I have a couple of the under-armour type shirts but only with the material looking similar to the new jersey material and they pick like crazy. I have all sorts of threads pulled and things like that on these shirts and they also seem like they can unravel easily. Anyone who owns the all-star jerseys experience anything like that?