The New Jerseys

lafountain

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boredom will not set in, after all...

The Coyotes will also hold six Reverse Jersey Nights at Jobing.com Arena this season. The following is a list of six home games when the Coyotes will wear their white road uniforms:

Monday, Sept. 17 versus Colorado Avalanche

Saturday, Oct. 27 versus Dallas Stars

Saturday, Nov. 24 versus Toronto Maple Leafs

Monday, Dec. 31 versus Colorado Avalanche

Thursday, Mar. 6 versus Montreal Canadiens

Tuesday, Mar. 25 versus San Jose Sharks

I like the white jersey with the brick-red shoulders, but it's still too dull.

I haven't seen any other teams announcing anything like this yet.

Boredom will not set in, after all...

The Coyotes will also hold six Reverse Jersey Nights at Jobing.com Arena this season. The following is a list of six home games when the Coyotes will wear their white road uniforms:

Monday, Sept. 17 versus Colorado Avalanche

Saturday, Oct. 27 versus Dallas Stars

Saturday, Nov. 24 versus Toronto Maple Leafs

Monday, Dec. 31 versus Colorado Avalanche

Thursday, Mar. 6 versus Montreal Canadiens

Tuesday, Mar. 25 versus San Jose Sharks

I like the white jersey with the brick-red shoulders, but it's still too dull.

I haven't seen any other teams announcing anything like this yet.

I had heard rumours the Doggies were going to do that, but I thought it was going to be for all the Eastern Conference teams. Still digging the chance to see the Canadiens in their red jerseys!

http://blues.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pag...;galleryId=2406

Doug Weight modelling the new Blues jerseys.

Thanks for the link Laffy, can't wait to get my hands on their new uni!!....overall I like most of the new jerseys but Edmonton, San Jose and Dallas were big disappointments I think San Jose should have stayed away from bring the orange into the jersey....dallas made some sorta basketball jersey with their home uni's and the Oilers got rid of too much

The white jersey is sweet. Seeing the Rbk uniforms on the ice completely changed my opinion of them (for the better).

Team officials told us today that the team would love to make the white jersey the home jersey full-time, but the board of governors decided that the darks must be worn at home, as y'all know. :skaterwht:

The white jersey is sweet. Seeing the Rbk uniforms on the ice completely changed my opinion of them (for the better).

Team officials told us today that the team would love to make the white jersey the home jersey full-time, but the board of governors decided that the darks must be worn at home, as y'all know. :skaterwht:

I am right there with everyone else on the white- I really loved the maroon jersey with patches last year and was going to get one until YP was traded. Still, I might want to pick up the white one after seeing it in action.

http://sharks.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...rticleid=337572

Here are the new Sharks jerseys unveiled today. Not a big fan of the orange addition or the numbers, someone on their message board had the gray in the place of the orange and it looked wayyy better. With that being said, I still think this is one of the better designs of the new set, they kept it simple and traditional.

CABM110091718_lower.jpg

I'd still like to know what's with this trend of numbers on the front?

You know, outside of that stupid chest number, I really like the new Sharks jerseys. I think the orange is a decent compliment and the Oilers-style shoulders are pretty nice looking. The only thing I wonder about is why they styled it like this. The Sharks aren't old enough to have such a vintage-looking jersey. That being said though, I like it.

The Sharks went from having one of the best logos, and one of the all-time classic jerseys (their 1991 originals) to this vomit-inducing design. It looks horrible, IMO. This is a classic example, at least on the logo side of it, of if it ain't broke, don't fix it. IMO, the absolute worst of the new jerseys. Yes, even worse than Dallas.

To see them all (separated by team) but without lettering and numbering but also without the jocktag, they can be seen at http://www.rbkedgeuniform.com/

MOWC101091702_lower.jpg

AZRF103091723_lower.jpg

GYI0000727377091723_lower.jpg

GYI0000727439091723_lower.jpg

JMC109091706_lower.jpg

OHJL103091703_lower.jpg

Here are some pics of the new uniforms in action. I tried to include different ones.

I also noticed something about the white Ducks jerseys. Check out how small the logo is on Schneider's jersey. I thought something was different at first, then I looked at my authentic from this past season. That's one heckuva size change!

Schneider.jpg

From last season

bd50_1_sbl.JPG

Schneider.jpg

Daaaannnng, that kid in the picture sure has a funny way of watching the game! :lol:

The more pictures of the Edge jerseys that I see in game action, the more I like them. I'd like to see some minor tweaks here and there to some, but they are not the nightmarish thing a lot of people were fearing. Welcome to 2007. B)

Schneider.jpg

Daaaannnng, that kid in the picture sure has a funny way of watching the game! :lol:

The more pictures of the Edge jerseys that I see in game action, the more I like them. I'd like to see some minor tweaks here and there to some, but they are not the nightmarish thing a lot of people were fearing. Welcome to 2007. B)

I wouldn't have a problem with them as much if there weren't so many design changes and templates. Overall, from the pictures I've seen they don't look bad and still look, quite honestly, like a regular hockey jersey. Which is a big thing in my book. I think of college football and all the similar designs there, plus how the NFL has looked to me recently (the Cardinals and Falcons jerseys look exactly alike, just different color scheme to me). I'm not a fan of the cost increase either for the replicas, especially considering I think Reebok's NFL replicas are crap that you can't wash without ruining.

I noticed that this site as well as others (including shop.nhl.com) shows images of all the jerseys but the Rangers jersey. Anyone got a clue or perhaps an official word as to why the Rangers jersey is not having its image shown yet.

Two things, one, I'm watching the Coyotes/Leafs game on TV and the Coyote's white jersey looks very good, at least on TV. The brick shoulders look good, IMO.

Number two, I started thinking about something today. I was at the Indians/Tigers game this afternoon (I cleared my schedule). In the program there is an ad for New Era. They make all on-field MLB and minor league caps, also some NHL stuff. Well this season they took their classic 5950 cap that for years was made of wool and went to a new type of material that's cooler, doesn't hold moisture, lighter, sound familiar? Well did they make the teams change their styles? Did they suddenly mandate ear flaps or other radical designs? Do the Yankees/Red Sox/Dodgers/Cubs/Tribe, etc look the same? My point is the teams didn't have to change their styles because of this "state of the art" material. It's all BS to sell more merchandise. I applaud the Devils, Habs, Rangers and Hawks who left well enough alone (Sabres and Ducks don't count). Maybe some people will say that you can't compare a cap to a hockey jersey. But MLB teams sell more caps than anything else, it's their identity, and NHL teams sell more jerseys than anything else, it's THEIR identity. And this Premier replica is not a hockey jersey, IMO. I own 2 of them. Replica hockey jerseys have had twill patches on the shoulders for as long as I have been buying them (20 years). They always had solid bottom hems, not football-style side slashes, and never had sewn-on exterior tags, except for some vintage styles. Reebok is turning hockey jerseys into football jerseys. What's next, painted on numbers and stripes?

Sorry, I just had to get this off my chest.

I noticed that this site as well as others (including shop.nhl.com) shows images of all the jerseys but the Rangers jersey. Anyone got a clue or perhaps an official word as to why the Rangers jersey is not having its image shown yet.

As a Rangers fan, I can only hope it is because they are boycotting the new jerseys! Realistically, it is because they are moving the word "Rangers" over the mesh part of the jersey so it doesn't look retarded. We shall see Friday night!

As a Rangers fan, I can only hope it is because they are boycotting the new jerseys! Realistically, it is because they are moving the word "Rangers" over the mesh part of the jersey so it doesn't look retarded. We shall see Friday night!

To my knowledge, the Rangers are also the only team to change their webpage to the new NHL mandated layout.