The New Jerseys

lafountain

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot the unveiling was today. But anyway good job sens, as with every one else that's a cool shoulder patch.

Meh, I'm not a huge fan of these ones. I really don't like the arms and underarm thing. The shoulder patch is sharp, although the main logo looks like a condom ad now.

OK, the Sens, good is the shoulder patch. No, great, is the shoulder patch, actually. The Senator crest, in our last episode, the centurion looked grouchy and mean. This new guy looks like a failed superhero who never has seen the sun before with a red cape and used broom on top of his head, sour about losing the Stanley Cup Final to a team called the Ducks and trying to squeeze into a Rbk Edge Roman warrior helmet.

The jerseys, I'm not fond of the signature Reebok 'flashes' of color on the side/back/underarms, either, but at least there is some attempt to bring in all the team colors on the sleeve. I have a feeling that we haven't seen the last of those 'flashes'. From what I can make of the number font, it looks like the Binghamton Senators font, and that's not a bad thing. The expected absence of waist stripes further kills it for me and I would grade the Sens new uniforms a C+. We all seem to love the shoulder patch, though. :thumbsup:

The Leafs one that CBC is showing in that photograph of the TV is pretty much the Western Conference All-Star jersey minus the side stars. I'm not questioning the authenticity of the design, unlike the photoshop creations floating around out there, I think that will be what gets unveiled. Maybe I'm wrong. That is a mammoth-sized crest on there and that I like.

OK, the Sens, good is the shoulder patch. No, great, is the shoulder patch, actually.

The patch, tremendous! The primary logo is way too big for my tastes.

August 25: Tampa Bay

August 29: Vancouver

September 4: Calgary, Montreal

September 7: Minnesota

September 13: Atlanta, Toronto

September 14: Dallas, Chicago

September 15: Phoenix, St Louis

September 16: Philadelphia, Carolina

September 17: Edmonton

More teams added to the schedule.

I wish more teams that change would try to get away from the vertical stripes as much. I've about seen my fair share of vertical stripes this time around. The shoulder patch really makes the Sens jersey a winner in my eyes, it could've used some color around the waist, but I was pleasantly surprised.

I am starting to think the Wild did good by making their red jersey their new home. The green was unique, but the red one has started to grow on me.

I wish more teams that change would try to get away from the vertical stripes as much. I've about seen my fair share of vertical stripes this time around. The shoulder patch really makes the Sens jersey a winner in my eyes, it could've used some color around the waist, but I was pleasantly surprised.

I am starting to think the Wild did good by making their red jersey their new home. The green was unique, but the red one has started to grow on me.

I like that red (sienna is the name of it, I think). The neck has the same ribbing as the 2004 All-Star jerseys, and I'm a little surprised to see Rbk carry that into the EDGE system.

Teaser of the Wild's new jersey.

They are keeping the ties of the alt jersey? That's great! Interesting color choice, can't wait to see what this jersey looks like...

The New Tampa Bay jerseys.

Headline_Image1.jpg

Not all that bad really in my opinion. Again horizontal stripes on the hemline would be nice, but that appears to becoming a thing of the past, so will have to get used to not having those there.

Vancouver is on the Clock.

Headline_Image1.jpg

The new Lightning jerseys feature the team’s traditional black (home) and white (road) base with a blast of blue through the arms to accentuate movement. Traditional Tampa Bay elements, including the lightning bolt pant and striped underarms, remain a strong visual constant for fans to embrace. The road jersey will include a new feature, including the placement of each player’s number on the front right chest area.

Certainly not bad, I'm still a fan of their old jerseys (I think I'm in the minority here on that one), but this one isn't quite butchered like I expected. The road jerseys will have numbers on the front. I don't get the craze with that personally.

Tampas new ones are very plain looking. There doesn't seem to be a happy medium with these jerseys; they're either too busy looking or just too plain.

Did anyone else notice that in the photo gallery on the Tampa websight they don't have a close up picture of the shoulder patch? Though there's a nice close up of the Reebok vector.

Tampa´s pretty good, i like the black one the best, white is too plain.

But numbers on the front?.....

p1000554mi1.jpg

Here's a photo of the jerseys I found on the sportslogos.net forum. This whole new jersey thing has really depressed me regarding styles of the previous jerseys. These new ones are starting to seem too templatish for me. These are starting to remind me a little of the new Ottawa Senators jerseys template-wise the more I look at them. They're not bad, but how many of the same styles for the different teams with the only exception being color do we really need?

p1000554mi1.jpg

Here's a photo of the jerseys I found on the sportslogos.net forum. This whole new jersey thing has really depressed me regarding styles of the previous jerseys. These new ones are starting to seem too templatish for me. These are starting to remind me a little of the new Ottawa Senators jerseys template-wise the more I look at them. They're not bad, but how many of the same styles for the different teams with the only exception being color do we really need?

Like I said for the Ottawa ones, they're OK but I'm not a huge fan of them either.

Did anyone else notice that in the photo gallery on the Tampa websight they don't have a close up picture of the shoulder patch? Though there's a nice close up of the Reebok vector.

Their photo gallery shows Martin St.Louis walking up the red carpet in the black jersey and you can see half the shoulder patch. There's also a photo of a giant jersey hanging on the side of the building, which shows you the other half. It's what was expected. Refer to the leaked style sheet if you wish.

I don't like that there's a number on the front of only the away jersey. What did the black jersey do to deserve such a shun? I do like that the lightning bolt pants are coming back. Still, these jerseys are glorified practice jerseys in my eyes and I'll stick to the LeCavalier authentic 05-07 one that I bought from IJ last month.

FYI, Vancouver's jerseys will be unveiled at 12:30 PDT, Wednesday, August 29.

Who´s number 9....Tampa new secret weapon?........ :)

I guess all the people wearing the white jerseys were local media people.

This whole new jersey thing has really depressed me regarding styles of the previous jerseys. These new ones are starting to seem too templatish for me. These are starting to remind me a little of the new Ottawa Senators jerseys template-wise the more I look at them. They're not bad, but how many of the same styles for the different teams with the only exception being color do we really need?

I think it's really hard to make final judgements on the jerseys based on press conference photos of guys wearing them in shorts and sandals, or pictures of jerseys lying on someone's carpet. I think everyone should reserve judgement until they see the jerseys in their element on NHL players, on the ice, with the full EDGE uniform system. What isn't captured when looking at jerseys by themselves is the impact of the complete uniform design. There was a lot more thought put into integrating the entire look from head to toe - incorporating jersey, pants and socks in terms of striping and flow of the design. You will see that some teams really understood the 'total package' and did a great job with it - while others missed the boat completely... trying to introduce 'new' traditional looks which to me don't really work with the EDGE system (eg horizontal striping). Now - for the traditional teams who will be keeping their uniforms as is - it's fine, as they have a classic, established look. But teams that try to come out with new designs that have no 'vertical' (head to toe) design flow are just off the mark to me.

Yup, either every jersey that isn't an Original 6 design is way too plain, or way too cluttered. It seems like all of these designs were quickly mashed together. I bet a 4 year old could come up with something that looks a helluva lot better than the stuff we've seen so far.

I mean, some panels on the sleeves, piping, completely bare and empty hems, lots of open space? Maybe I'm resistant because it's not a traditional design, but stuff like this looks like crap. It just flat out does not look like a hockey jersey.

Give me the technology and make the players more comfortable, but don't make them look stupid.

I think I've had enough with all of this. All of the "leaks," the commotion, the disappointing results, it's annoying. They should've had one big press release and shown all of the jerseys off in one shot, not make us wait in agony.

Well, here's another leak...

van08.jpg

This is being sold on one of the internet's larger sports merchandise e-tailers. They have Tampa's new one for sale, too. I would guess this Canucks logo is THE logo. :P