The New Jerseys

lafountain

We have had an official release of the Blue Jackets, Capitals, and Bruins. NHLShop has these jerseys for pre-order. We have also had "leaks" and unconfirmed pictures of the Kings, Hurricanes, and Islanders.

Anybody hear any word on when the official looks will come out or will we end up waiting til the season begins to see the official jerseys?

I am beginning to think that for the teams that aren't having changes made we won't see a premiere for the jersey but will have to wait until we see the product on the ice.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have had an official release of the Blue Jackets, Capitals, and Bruins. NHLShop has these jerseys for pre-order. We have also had "leaks" and unconfirmed pictures of the Kings, Hurricanes, and Islanders.

Anybody hear any word on when the official looks will come out or will we end up waiting til the season begins to see the official jerseys?

I am beginning to think that for the teams that aren't having changes made we won't see a premiere for the jersey but will have to wait until we see the product on the ice.

Check out the screenshots for NHL 08, they show the new Bruin uniforms, Kings, and others.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/900/900567/imgs_1.html

Here's an odd question: why is it that some shots of the Hurricanes jerseys don't have the Oilers striping along the top? Example; see images 34, 35, 36, 37 and 38.

Here's an odd question: why is it that some shots of the Hurricanes jerseys don't have the Oilers striping along the top? Example; see images 34, 35, 36, 37 and 38.

Those images were released before teh draft. It was after the draft that the new ones with the striping at the top were released. Also note that those images don't have the NHL shield on the neck.

Speaking of which, the white jerseys with the red striping I can live with. But the red ones with white striping are still ugly.

I believe Authentics will only be available for retail in October.

Ill see if we can get some pics!

San Jose is unveiling their new designs on July 24th.

San Jose is unveiling their new designs on July 24th.

Unfortunately it looks as if only the new logo will be unveiled on the 24th. Here is a bit from the article on the Sharks webpage.

While the logo will be released this month, the new-look jerseys will not be previewed until closer to training camp. All NHL jerseys will be altered to some degree this year as Reebok introduces new fabrics to help enhance player skills.

Unfortunately it looks as if only the new logo will be unveiled on the 24th. Here is a bit from the article on the Sharks webpage.

While the logo will be released this month, the new-look jerseys will not be previewed until closer to training camp. All NHL jerseys will be altered to some degree this year as Reebok introduces new fabrics to help enhance player skills.

I hope the sharks incorporate that great secondary logo of the fin and water into the primary logo! I wish teams would roll out these new uniforms a little bit sooner than training camp.

I hope the sharks incorporate that great secondary logo of the fin and water into the primary logo! I wish teams would roll out these new uniforms a little bit sooner than training camp.

You mean like this one?

SanJoseSharksAlternate.png

Nice logo, but I'm not sure it would work too well as a primary logo.

That logo is no where to be seen. The secondary is just a full body variation on the primary where you get to see the tail. He's a bit more cartoony than the current one too.

What's that phrase? Evolutionary, not revolutionary.

You mean like this one?

SanJoseSharksAlternate.png

Nice logo, but I'm not sure it would work too well as a primary logo.

One of those logos that is cool but would suck as a main logo, sort of like the Flames horse head logo.

Yup. But at least they'll be unveiling the secondary logo as well. And merchandise so that should give a good idea of what to expect for the final jersey. They'll have more orange.

Fans will have their first opportunity to view the new look and secondary marks on July 24 at 10 a.m. PST on sjsharks.com and merchandise with the updated logo and new marks at the Sharks Store will be available starting on that date as well.

Interesting... http://www.thescoreboards.com/forums/showt...1483&page=3 . Scroll to the last post of that page, not the last post of the entire thread.

That's pretty disgusting. I pray, for the sanity of Sharks fans, that that's not it.

NHL Shop is offering 25% off select jerseys, including some of those we know will be changing, those being Boston, Columbus, Florida, Los Angeles and the Islanders. The others include: Atlanta, Buffalo, Colorado, Dallas, Detroit, Nashville, Ottawa, Philly, Phoenix, St. Louis, Tampa, Toronto and Vancouver. Could some of the others be changing in some way? Yes, I know that everyone's switching to EDGE, and that may be why they're cheap(er), but I think that I may be on to something...

http://shop.nhl.com/category/index.jsp?cat...uthentics041907

NHL Shop is offering 25% off select jerseys, including some of those we know will be changing, those being Boston, Columbus, Florida, Los Angeles and the Islanders. The others include: Atlanta, Buffalo, Colorado, Dallas, Detroit, Nashville, Ottawa, Philly, Phoenix, St. Louis, Tampa, Toronto and Vancouver. Could some of the others be changing in some way? Yes, I know that everyone's switching to EDGE, and that may be why they're cheap(er), but I think that I may be on to something...

http://shop.nhl.com/category/index.jsp?cat...uthentics041907

From stuff I've picked up at another board, I know Dallas (same logo, new jersey styles...different home and away, they sound very classic), Nashville (slight tilting of the logo on the jerseys, can't remeber anything else), Ottawa (new logo), Philly (looks to have a slight tweek based on one small pic someone posted from the flyers email list), St. Louis (John Davidson has approved the new jersey design, and rumor has it they have vertical stripes), Tampa (updated logo, new jerseys and more blue) and Vancouver (new logo (Still orca related) new jerseys and switch back to blue, white and green). The other teams I've heard rumor of Atlanta going with new jerseys with vertical stripes and Buffalo dropping the silver (which I heard from one guy, so that I'm not to sure on). That leaves Colorado, Detroit, Phoenix, and Toronto, which I would assume means slight changes to accomidate the new cut. I don't claim any of this to be fact, just what I've heard from some people who know their stuff.

I did some hunting and was able to snag some concept pics. YES, this is an NHL2K7 board, and YES this was posted in January, but they got the Caps jerseys right, in the primary logo, and they got the Bruins jerseys right. IMHO, the Lightning looks very slick, and just take a gander at the Kings Alt.

http://online.2ksports.com/league/board?p=...77&th=11321

I did some hunting and was able to snag some concept pics. YES, this is an NHL2K7 board, and YES this was posted in January, but they got the Caps jerseys right, in the primary logo, and they got the Bruins jerseys right. IMHO, the Lightning looks very slick, and just take a gander at the Kings Alt.

http://online.2ksports.com/league/board?p=...77&th=11321

Sorry to burst your bubble, but those were all concepts made based off the All Star game jersey at another board. None of those are legit, they are all people doing concepts. For the record, the Tampa Logo and font have been leaked, I saw them today. I dont know what the policy is here, so I'm not going to post them, but if you look, you should be able to find them.

I found Tampa's leaked logo, which isn't tremendously different than the current one. I thought about it, we should probably not host any leaked logos on this board; let another board risk the wrath of the NHL's legal department. I'm not sure if posting a link to where it is is any better or worse, so I'll hold off on any further easter eggs until we hear an official ruling from someone higher up the IceJerseys chain on the matter.

By the way, the Florida Panthers unveiling is on July 28th.

Yeah I saw the supposed new logo over on the HFboards. You can find it with relative ease. It's not too bad I guess...I just don't like the way they got rid of the 'Lightning' at the bottom of the logo. I don't know; I think way too many teams are tweaking their jerseys this year. Just leave well enough alone.

Yeah, the logo being pretty much the same is ok by me. I dont really know too many directions you can go and have a lightning logo. The team has said they will be using more blue (as the new logo shows), I just hope this means a blue jersey. The blue they use is very solid and looks great. Id like the blue to be their colored jersey this season, the black one seems bland to me.

I've always liked the black Lightning jerseys. From what I saw of the leaked logo, it doesn't look too much different than what they have. It would be nice to see more blue with that being said.

I'm iffy on the Sharks new logo. I grew to really love their recent jerseys and the logo has always been a winner in my eyes. I'll have to take a wait and see approach.