Well I'll Be f*****

DJ Rhea

Currently missing a jersey, came home for the first time in months, knows where it is, only one other place it can be, but I'll have to wait til Sunday. Even found jerseys I forgot I had owned.

2 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

Currently missing a jersey, came home for the first time in months, knows where it is, only one other place it can be, but I'll have to wait til Sunday. Even found jerseys I forgot I had owned.

just be happy there wasn't a hobo or other dude sleeping in your bed 

7 hours ago, tomtucker said:

just be happy there wasn't a hobo or other dude sleeping in your bed 

Assuming facts not in evidence...he said no such thing. 

3 hours ago, tomtucker said:

you are right, there could be several hobos sleeping in his bed...... with his approval!

I’d almost assume it’s true in this case. 

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I’d almost assume it’s true in this case. 

For sure, hobos got a nice layer of dirt on them so they sweat a lot and keep the room and bed temperature up.

Less money spent on heating = more money for jerseys  👍

Edited by tomtucker

On 4/23/2019 at 10:38 AM, DJ Rhea said:

Even found jerseys I forgot I had owned.

#jerseyproblems #addiction #wehearya

On 4/23/2019 at 10:46 AM, Dr_Puck said:

This might be the greatest thread name in IJ's history. 

I wasn't sure whether to moderate or simply applaud

2v2EsfUooxZ1VfS.gif

4 minutes ago, slimcutta said:

#jerseyproblems #addiction #wehearya

I wasn't sure whether to moderate or simply applaud

2v2EsfUooxZ1VfS.gif

Well I guess when in doubt...

f***** is also this years playoffs on NBC....... yeah, i am not watching that dallas stl series even though i was looking forward to it.

AJ Mleczko's high pitched  nasal voice is like an icepick jabbing in the ears. Can't these fools not understand that a female voice is so annoying in men's sports? :ha:she is just stating the obvious on each play anyway, there are two other commentators on the game that can do that as well....... why did NBC have to ride out on the last wave of meetoo, get the memo, the ship has sailed, you don't have to do this. why the F is there a woman commentating on men's sports, she can't play nhl hockey

Everytime i write a line about it on hfboards, people cry women hater... s*** man, my own sister hates her! guess there are no honest  men left to back me up, not on hockey forums that is, anyone agrees with me here 

Edited by tomtucker

4 hours ago, tomtucker said:

f***** is also this years playoffs on NBC....... yeah, i am not watching that dallas stl series even though i was looking forward to it.

AJ Mleczko's high pitched  nasal voice is like an icepick jabbing in the ears. Can't these fools not understand that a female voice is so annoying in men's sports? :ha:she is just stating the obvious on each play anyway, there are two other commentators on the game that can do that as well....... why did NBC have to ride out on the last wave of meetoo, get the memo, the ship has sailed, you don't have to do this. why the F is there a woman commentating on men's sports, she can't play nhl hockey

Everytime i write a line about it on hfboards, people cry women hater... s*** man, my own sister hates her! guess there are no honest  men left to back me up, not on hockey forums that is, anyone agrees with me here 

I don’t agree. 

Out of all the things I worry about in life, the tone of the announcer’s voice in a hockey game isn’t one of them. I prefer they just be accurate. 

1 hour ago, zooeyperry10 said:

Can't beat some casual sexism...

🙄

but there is it..... it's isn't sexism. High pitched female voice  yapping over a NHL game, it's simply  annyoing as fukk. Maybe it is because i am european, i know you guys over there have been beaten over the head  with the whole gurl power thing. 

Simply feels misplaced to me, and my sis as well  👂 🖕

yeah, see, that's not helping anyone...even if I did laugh a little

Troll the internet all you want...have an opinion and contribute here, but be respectful of others, pls

Edited by slimcutta
Tom's off his meds again : /

9 hours ago, tomtucker said:

It’s better than having to listen to Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson spew garbage out of their mouthes for 3 hours every fücking Saturday night for the rest of our lives. They’re the worst!!!

I don't have a problem with someone having a preference when it comes to calling a game.

Don't know if i'm gonna get pasted for this but I really can't stand Doc Emrick.
Everything is knifed in or knifed out or knifed away - that guy drives me nuts.

And I know Eddie Olczyk is a Chicago kid and he has cancer (which I am sympathetic to) and yadda yadda yadda but I can't stand him either! Send him back to Pittsburgh

4 hours ago, KB67 said:

It’s better than having to listen to Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson spew garbage out of their mouthes for 3 hours every fücking Saturday night for the rest of our lives. They’re the worst!!!

2 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

I don't have a problem with someone having a preference when it comes to calling a game.

Don't know if i'm gonna get pasted for this but I really can't stand Doc Emrick.
Everything is knifed in or knifed out or knifed away - that guy drives me nuts.

And I know Eddie Olczyk is a Chicago kid and he has cancer (which I am sympathetic to) and yadda yadda yadda but I can't stand him either! Send him back to Pittsburgh

agree, and pierre mcguire.... the guy that won't shut up. yelling till your ears bleed, like diarrhea of the mouth.

still, even though i received flak for saying it,  female voice in mens sports is the worst, very  off putting. studio and sideline is fine, but analyzing when you can't play in the league, no!  

there should be a no commentator, rink only sound option on TV, like there is on MLB.TV 

Tom, it's one thing to have an opinion, it's another thing to troll people and post inciting messages, and while I don't necessarily agree with a lot of PC crap, I don't see much value in you stating things like " why the F is there a woman commentating on men's sports, she can't play nhl hockey "

what does that have to do with anything?

You can go troll the internet all you want, but, as much as I encourage differences of opinions and a little heat here and there, we've had several complaints and you're really not helping with your derogatory and often asinine comments.

I've given you a warning, and should you continue, you'll be banned...which you may or may not care about, but fair warning to all - trash talk all you want, have an opinion, etc. but keep it realistic and respectful, pls.

40 minutes ago, slimcutta said:

Tom, it's one thing to have an opinion, it's another thing to troll people and post inciting messages, and while I don't necessarily agree with a lot of PC crap, I don't see much value in you stating things like " why the F is there a woman commentating on men's sports, she can't play nhl hockey "

what does that have to do with anything?

You can go troll the internet all you want, but, as much as I encourage differences of opinions and a little heat hear and there, we've had several complaints and you're really not helping with your derogatory and often asinine comments.

I've given you a warning, and should you continue, you'll be banned...which you may or may not care about, but fair warning to all - trash talk all you want, have an opinion, etc. but keep it realistic and respectful, pls.

of course slim.......i get it.

"we've had several complaints" ....... i would like to know what the complaints were about, what did i write that people complained about?

You also have to remember i was acused of sexim, which made me upset. Should you just be allowed to accuse me of that?

Because i don't like to hear a woman's voice commenting a NHL game does not make me a sexist. I simply don't feel the voice belong in the game, just like i don't think it would belong in a NFL game.   That is not sexism, Are there female NFL commentators?

It's a female voice, a feminine voice in a hard rugged playoff game, just like NFL football. It does not feel  and sound right. 

Edited by tomtucker

3 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

Tbf myself and Zoey are European too. As for female commentators and pundits, it is like anything, you'll get good ones and bad ones. Same as male. 

you euro as well? Tell me,  are there any TV stations that have females as soccer commentators for the big leagues in Europe? Just curious.... ❤️

Edited by tomtucker