Meigray Expo 2018

Devilsguy

So it is after memorial day which means the Meigray Expo for 2018 is only 7 weeks away.  I figured it was about time to get a thread fired up about it since I believe several of us are going to attend this year.

The expo this year is on July 14th over at Raritan Valley Community College in Branchburg, NJ.  The expo is only about a five minute drive from the warehouse where the kickoff to the summer sale is right after the expo (about 4:30-5PM).  Right now outside of the date and location, Meigray has yet to reveal any other details about the expo, ticket info/pricing, etc.  I think the fact that this is the first time since 2012 that Meigray has 2 of their teams playing in the SCF is contributing to why we haven't heard much other details at the moment.

Regardless I will be requesting a table for the 3rd year in the row.  This will be either my 6th, 7th or 8th expo that I will attend overall.  Quite frankly I can't remember which year was my first but I know I have been to at least 6 of them.  I will be displaying my usual Devils collection (pic below is of my table at least year's expo) and will show off a lot of my new acquisitions including my 17-18 set 1 Taylor Hall, my 17-18 Red set 1 Brian Boyle (worn by him in both his first game back after his diagnosis and when he scored on HFC night) and several others as well.

Anyone else planning to attend?  Or even maybe have a table?

Edited by Devilsguy

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the first times that the Expo doesn't coincide with my summer vacation, which means I will NOT be out of town, which means I MAY be able to get to the expo. 

Definitely looking forward to your table in particular, seeing them one at a time online will not be the same as seeing piles of them like in the picture. 

Hopefully they don't put you so close to Flyers jerseys this time, couldn't they divide the room up so there's like a Devils section, so all of the Devils fans/jerseys can be in one spot, free of the smell of cheesesteaks??

2 hours ago, Devilsguy said:

2017ExpoTable1smaller.jpg

Is that an all-Ultrafil crash line set that I see?? Can't tell if they are Ultrafil or Airknit. That's pretty awesome, I loved having those guys on the team. 

And what's that I spy, third column from the left, right above the Elias?

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Is that an all-Ultrafil crash line set that I see?? Can't tell if they are Ultrafil or Airknit. That's pretty awesome, I loved having those guys on the team. 

And what's that I spy, third column from the left, right above the Elias?

The McKay and Peluso are ultrafils while the Holik is a Airknit-.  McKay is 92-93 set 2, Holik is a 96-97 set 1 (stamped 95-96 playoff set), and the Peluso is a 94-95 set 1.  The Peluso actually has a restored nameplate and from what I have heard it was restored by a former dealer.  The Peluso was later recycled into a Sharifijanov preseason jersey before being restored back to Peluso.  Another Devils collector has the white sister who has the same restored nameplate story as well.  Peluso's are very hard to find so I took what I could get lol.  Plus it has an awesome photomatch and most articles written about Peluso these days feature him wearing this jersey.

The other one right above the Elias is an inaugural year (82-83) Mike Moher gamer.  It is a nice jersey, but later sold it as I wanted to focus more on players I actually remember playing.  It wasn't hard to let go either as I actually sold it to Moher's stepson which was neat.

33 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

The McKay and Peluso are ultrafils while the Holik is a Airknit-.  McKay is 92-93 set 2, Holik is a 96-97 set 1 (stamped 95-96 playoff set), and the Peluso is a 94-95 set 1.  The Peluso actually has a restored nameplate and from what I have heard it was restored by a former dealer.  The Peluso was later recycled into a Sharifijanov preseason jersey before being restored back to Peluso.  Another Devils collector has the white sister who has the same restored nameplate story as well.  Peluso's are very hard to find so I took what I could get lol.  Plus it has an awesome photomatch and most articles written about Peluso these days feature him wearing this jersey.

The other one right above the Elias is an inaugural year (82-83) Mike Moher gamer.  It is a nice jersey, but later sold it as I wanted to focus more on players I actually remember playing.  It wasn't hard to let go either as I actually sold it to Moher's stepson which was neat.

Oh man, that makes that Peluso even cooler. Very nice jersey. 

The Moher is cool, inaugural season jerseys are, but I think the story of having sold it to his stepson makes it even cooler. 

I can see myself spending some time at your table talking over these things, you definitely seem to have stories that go with them rather than just "here is a shirt", which makes your collection even better. 

Guest Dr_Puck

My first-- and only-- Meigray expo a few years ago was quite important. I joined this stupid forum right before the expo and really started getting into collecting then. That was the year I asked Keith Jones a dumb question during the fan Q&A and he just sort of stared at me. Embarrassment aside, I enjoyed it. If I weren't halfway across the country, I'd go and really soak it up this year. Knowing the ropes would ease the stress of it. 

3 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

That was the year I asked Keith Jones a dumb question during the fan Q&A and he just sort of stared at me.

What was the question?

Guest Dr_Puck
1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

What was the question?

What's the dumbest things that fans do? It turns out the answer to that question was the question itself. 

I don’t know, “are you afraid someone will try to clone you from the DNA on your game worn jersey” might have been worse. 

Lol should have went with the old Stuttering John celebrity interview question: "who are you and what are you famous for?"

Also Jones was the 2016 guest IIRC.  That was the year I completely zoned out of the Q&A so I don't remember a single thing he said lol

Ugh, Keith Jones. You should have asked if he and Mike Milbury are wearing women's underwear while on TV. 

I'll be out of town for work, is anyone willing to act as a proxy? I'm looking for a black and a white (and possibly a red) Adidas practice jersey, size 54. I know the Devils fit all 3 of those requirements and I'm okay with them as the black jersey, but was hoping for a Caps red and a white jersey that has black stripes vs red or navy blue. I'm not holding my breath for any Vegas practice jerseys given their season and I'm pretty certain Meigray won't have any Kings or Blackhawks practice jerseys.

Currently Meigray only has 56 listed on their site.  I'm hopeful they'll have a few 54's after the season ends. Could probably get away with a 56 if the price is discounted vs what they have on their site (plus their shipping charges). I know when I went to the Dulles Expo earlier this winter the Adidas WC practice jerseys were $25-50 cheaper than what was offered online.

Any info on whether jerseys will be given away?

What would we expect them to be, more of the stockpile of Edge jerseys?

Guest Dr_Puck
On 5/30/2018 at 1:07 PM, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

LOL i remember that. Keith paused a little bit there like "OK" haha. Ah, no question is really dumb whether it's being asked to a guest, dealer or collector. I asked Bossy what it was like beating the Rangers haha. 

Jones has been to two recent expos, I was there in 2014 with him. I agree, the expo can be overwhelming to a new collector. 

8 minutes ago, Flyers845 said:

I'll be there with my dad. 

That's awesome. Quality time. 

The one year I actually want to go to pick something up at the warehouse is the one year I unfortunately cannot attend (I have the bar exam on July 24-25). 

Years ago when you posted this, I had no idea you would really be going to law school.  Congrats and good luck on your exam!

It might seem that way, but considering who the members in that conversation were, it’s really not that remarkable.  Johnny and Jeremy were 2 of the best posters of all-time in this forum, IMO.  It’s extremely unfortunate that neither of them is active here anymore, as I really miss reading their comments.  I imagine they are both quite busy with their careers now.