The MeiGray Summer Grab Bag is open

TheKevinShow

I just bought one, though I am thoroughly disappointed that I couldn't use PayPal Credit to pay for it. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Holtby, Braden Washington Capitals 2015-16 Red Set 3 - worn April 5, 2016
Seguin, Tyler Dallas Stars 2014-15 Green Set 2
Gaborik, Marian Los Angeles Kings 2015-16 Black Set 1 - worn December 1, 2015
Johansen, Ryan Columbus Blue Jackets 2015-16 White Set 1 - worn Nov. 13, 2015 and Nov. 19, 2015
Spezza, Jason Dallas Stars 2015-16 White Set 2 - worn March 1, 2016
Larsson, Adam New Jersey Devils 2013-14 White Set 1
Zajac, Travis New Jersey Devils 2013-14 White Set 2
Couturier, Sean Philadelphia Flyers 2014-15 Orange Set 3
Emery, Ray Philadelphia Flyers 2014-15 White Set 1
Carlson, John Washington Capitals 2013-14 White Set 1
Thornburn, Chris Atlanta Thrashers 2009-10 White Set 1
White, Todd   Atlanta Thrashers 2009-10 Blue Set 2
Nystrom, Eric Calgary Flames 2008-09 Red Set 1
Sarich, Cory Calgary Flames 2009-10 Red Set 3
Arnason, Tyler Colorado Avalanche 2008-09 Burgundy Set 2
Hannan, Scott Colorado Avalanche 2008-09 Burgundy Set 2
Hunwick, Matt Colorado Avalanche 2011-12 White Set 1
Liles, John-Michael Colorado Avalanche 2010-11 Burgundy Set 2
O'Byrne, Ryan Colorado Avalanche 2011-12 White Set 3
Erixon, Tim Columbus Blue Jackets 2013-14 White
Letestu, Mark Columbus Blue Jackets 2013-14 White
Skille, Jack Columbus Blue Jackets 2013-14 White
Tyutin, Fedor Columbus Blue Jackets 2013-14 Blue
Barch, Krystofer Dallas Stars 2009-10 Black Set 2
Daley, Trevor Dallas Stars 2011-12 White Set 1
Fistric, Mark Dallas Stars 2010-11 White Set 1
Grossman, Nicklas Dallas Stars 2008-09 White Set 1
Gilbert, Tom Edmonton Oilers 2009-10 White Set 3
Nilsson, Robert Edmonton Oilers 2008-09 White Set 2
Peckham, Theo Edmonton Oilers 2010-11 Blue Retro Set 3
Smid, Ladislav Edmonton Oilers 2008-09 White Set 3
Strudwick, Jason Edmonton Oilers 2009-10 Third Set 2
Drewiske, Davis Los Angeles Kings 2011-12 White Set 1
de Vries, Greg Nashville Predators 2008-09 White Set 2
Dumont, J.P. Nashville Predators 2009-10 White Set 2
O'Reilly, Cal Nashville Predators 2010-11 Navy Set 1
Carter, Ryan New Jersey Devils 2013-14 White Set 1
Fayne, Mark New Jersey Devils 2013-14 White Set 1
Fraser, Mark New Jersey Devils 2010-11 White Set 1
Harrold, Peter New Jersey Devils 2013-14 Red Set 2
Campoli, Chris New York Islanders 2007-08 White Set 2
Kuba, Filip Ottawa Senators 2010-11 White Set 3
Picard, Alexandre Ottawa Senators 2009-10 White Set 1
Winchester, Jesse Ottawa Senators 2009-10 White Set 1
Grossmann, Nicklas Philadelphia Flyers 2014-15 White Set 2
MacDonald, Andrew Philadelphia Flyers 2014-15 White Set 1
Mason, Steve Philadelphia Flyers 2014-15 White Set 1
Schultz, Nick Philadelphia Flyers 2014-15 White Set 2
Hale, David Tampa Bay Lightning 2009-10 White Set 2
Veilleux, Stephane Tampa Bay Lightning 2009-10 White Set 2

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Tyler Seguin is a better co-grand prize than the Giroux at the expo.

i would be in if the Devils selection was better.  Good luck to all that enter!

Based on past experience, how soon after the Grab Bag opens do they ship? I know that they have to wait until all 50 entries are purchased, but I assume that doesn't take a terribly long time.

9 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

Based on past experience, how soon after the Grab Bag opens do they ship? I know that they have to wait until all 50 entries are purchased, but I assume that doesn't take a terribly long time.

Depends on the grab bag.  Some sell out within days, some take weeks.

I will once again be passing on it, as this kind of stuff doesn't fit my collection, I am too specific. 

Me as well just meigray dumping some jerseys . Some of those jerseys are being sold on meigray ebay for 99.00 

46 minutes ago, cowboys said:

Some of those jerseys are being sold on meigray ebay for 99.00 

This.

And to take a gamble for $250 + $60 shipping + $90 import fees is a big no.

Slight side topic, but still surprises me that Ryan Carter's Devils jerseys are often put in these grab bags as a "loser" pull/prize.  His stuff is always cheap and usually has good to great wear on them and fans usually don't b**** about him like other players.

I bought one.  First time I've ever done this.  I figured what the hell.  I need something interesting and it's not like it's ridiculous money.  

I hope this doesn't take forever to sell out!  Come on people, buy one!  Sure there are some crap jerseys, but there are some pretty good ones too! 

About 20 min ago Meigray announced they only have 2 grab bags left.

I remember one year I participated when the top prize was a Ovi Black jersey (before they went to the red, white, and blue style).  I opened by box to see a black caps jerseys.  I about crapped myself until I turned it around and it was a no buddy player.  I was so pissed, I think I sold the jersey for about a $100.  I think I have done 4 or 5 and the best I ever got was a Giordono jersey, before he was what he is today.  I will say this - I have never gotten back what I have put into it.  

Great, now I sound like Debbie Downer!

12 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

I remember one year I participated when the top prize was a Ovi Black jersey (before they went to the red, white, and blue style).  I opened by box to see a black caps jerseys.  I about crapped myself until I turned it around and it was a no buddy player.  I was so pissed, I think I sold the jersey for about a $100.  I think I have done 4 or 5 and the best I ever got was a Giordono jersey, before he was what he is today.  I will say this - I have never gotten back what I have put into it.  

Great, now I sound like Debbie Downer!

Nah, you just sound like 98% of the people who participate in the Grab Bags, lol.

I did it once at the expo in 2012.  That was the Devils-centric one where the "loser" prizes were mid 90's ultrafil blank authentic.  The price was $150 and I ended up with a red size 52 ultrafil that was near pristine.  Sold it and pretty much got my money back and a little tiny bit of a profit:)

Edited by Devilsguy

I just wish the price to join was closer to a realistic price of what the jerseys should be worth.  No offense to all the Scott Hannan collectors, but if your Avs jersey was in demand, it won't still be there from the 2008-09 season.

33 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

I just wish the price to join was closer to a realistic price of what the jerseys should be worth.  No offense to all the Scott Hannan collectors, but if your Avs jersey was in demand, it won't still be there from the 2008-09 season.

Well that's the point of the Grab Bag.

Meigray moves out crap stock that no one is interested in even at 40% off sale prices, while also including a couple of higher end jerseys.

Let's do the math:

50 grab bags x $250 each = $12,500

Top prizes retail total = $14,220

So they're already losing money, based on the retail values of just the retail values as it is. Now, sure, a lot of these jerseys go for less during sales, but still, you can't expect them to drop much more than this. The idea to them is to get as close to the same total, while moving out a lot of stock that isn't popular and is only taking up space.

If the price were lower or the prizes better, it wouldn't make sense from their standpoint.

These things appeal to people who like to gamble.  I am not much of a gambler so I really don't participate unless it is pretty Devils-centric.  Also, Meigray gets my money anyways since I put that money towards their sales and other items they have that I am interested in:)

31 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Well that's the point of the Grab Bag.

Meigray moves out crap stock that no one is interested in even at 40% off sale prices, while also including a couple of higher end jerseys.

Let's do the math:

50 grab bags x $250 each = $12,500

Top prizes retail total = $14,220

So they're already losing money, based on the retail values of just the retail values as it is. Now, sure, a lot of these jerseys go for less during sales, but still, you can't expect them to drop much more than this. The idea to them is to get as close to the same total, while moving out a lot of stock that isn't popular and is only taking up space.

If the price were lower or the prizes better, it wouldn't make sense from their standpoint.

I understand the point and why Meigray does it.  And I don't blame them.  It is a very good way to move inventory they have been holding on to for a very long time and to make some profits.  And as a buyer, you have the chance to get a jersey that you normally couldn't afford.  It just sucks to open the box and find something that you won't be able to get back half of the fee if you try and sell it.  That is the whole point though.  Maybe for only $250 you can get a Hotby or a Seguin.  A few people will be very happy - most will not.  Of course, it took me 5 tries to figure that out that I am never that lucky one.

Edited by spudrock512

33 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

I understand the point and why Meigray does it.  And I don't blame them.  It is a very good way to move inventory they have been holding on to for a very long time and to make some profits.  And as a buyer, you have the chance to get a jersey that you normally couldn't afford.  It just sucks to open the box and find something that you won't be able to get back half of the fee if you try and sell it.  That is the whole point though.  Maybe for only $250 you can get a Hotby or a Seguin.  A few people will be very happy - most will not.  Of course, it took me 5 tries to figure that out that I am never that lucky one.

Going to a bunch of Meigray expo's over the years where they do the live grab bag openings, I know all too well of this watching the time when everyone opens it at once.  That part of the day is almost worth the entire price of admission alone.

Edited by Devilsguy