What's up with my 'Hawks jersey?

Big A HG

Perhaps you should use the search feature and look for "Indo edge".

i am aware of how ridiculous reebok is with their "indo-edges". it would not surprise me if they did try and cut corners on the retail 2.0's now....but i am holding out hope that this is an effort to make them lighter, as dc said...

Edited by vadarx

So you're saying that your retail 2.0 from IJ was made for the 2012-13 season and already had the newer chain-stitching?

I don't think anyone has seen anything game worn from this year to prove they aren't making team issued jerseys with the old crests, people are just speculating that retail jerseys are getting the shaft and team issues remained the same. It was said before in this thread that Reebok keeps striving to make the jerseys lighter, I'd bet that the new lighter crests are the same on team issues and retail jerseys for 2013-14.

I was lucky enough to get a locker tour this season thanks to a friend who works for the team...while I did not get to hold any jerseys, they had them hanging and I can say for sure they had the old look and not this new look the poster is referring to.

I've been watching all the Hawks games since getting my jersey (watched most of them anyways being a Hawks fan) and have noticed on the up-close shots that they are using the "old" style.

One giveaway I've noticed is looking at which tomahawk crosses over the top of the other on the C-patches. It's different between the old style and the new style.

Isn't this quite bad news?

What if things like this start happening not just to Hawks jerseys, but all of them?

I just ordered a Canadiens 2.0 from JerseyBaron on Ebay, and I'm a bit worried now.

This totally makes me wonder if retail 2.0's are the real thing, or perhaps there could be quite a few small details we're missing on other jerseys? I mean how can we REALLY know that the fabric and all that matches the gamers?

I mean how can we REALLY know that the fabric and all that matches the gamers?

By comparing them to our gamers.

If you guys are gonna nit pick about this kind of stuff or if there are one or two layers of twill holding a fight strap down then you really need to consider sticking to just gamers.

Isn't this quite bad news?

What if things like this start happening not just to Hawks jerseys, but all of them?

I just ordered a Canadiens 2.0 from JerseyBaron on Ebay, and I'm a bit worried now.

This totally makes me wonder if retail 2.0's are the real thing, or perhaps there could be quite a few small details we're missing on other jerseys? I mean how can we REALLY know that the fabric and all that matches the gamers?

By comparing them to gamers...

If you guys are gonna nit pick about this kind of stuff or if there are one or two layers of twill holding a fight strap down then you really need to consider sticking to just gamers.

Personally, I don't care about whether it's got an extra piece of twill for the fight strap or not. But, as an "authentic", I consider this to be quite a significant difference. You really have to have seen both side-by-side to tell the difference.

Really, the newer version isn't bad at all, it just isn't the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I don't care about whether it's got an extra piece of twill for the fight strap or not. But, as an "authentic", I consider this to be quite a significant difference. You really have to have seen both side-by-side to tell the difference.

Really, the newer version isn't bad at all, it just isn't the same.

i agree big a. the fight strap is something fixable and minor, not to mention not outwardly visable. when you hold up the "old" version next to this new incarnation you can instantly notice the difference. it is far from awful and the crest is really not very noticable but the tomahawks stand out to me now that i have noticed it. after asking around and watching games the last couple weeks, the team is using the old version. i have yet to hold a new retail road jersey in my hand, but those i have seen forsale online look to have the old tomahawks on them. seems as though it is only the new home retails using this new method.

For what it's worth my 2.0, born on 23/05/13, has the old-school shoulder patch configuration where the top tomahawk crosses from right to left. I don't have a 1.0 to compare it to, so I can't be sure if it's the newer style chain-stitching or not.

2186F9A5-FCA9-4F00-9948-7F2179FFB196_zps

A32D6FD6-8691-42F9-9592-A9C7EF151590_zps

For what it's worth my 2.0, born on 23/05/13, has the old-school shoulder patch configuration where the top tomahawk crosses from right to left. I don't have a 1.0 to compare it to, so I can't be sure if it's the newer style chain-stitching or not.

Road b.o.d of February '14 from IJ with double layer fight strap

Home b.o.d. of November '13 from RCS with single layer fight strap

PhotoApr0695733PM.jpg

Road b.o.d of February '14 from IJ with double layer fight strap

Home b.o.d. of November '13 from RCS with single layer fight strap

PhotoApr0695733PM.jpg

thanks for the pics. from everything i have seen/read, the retail home 2.0's seem to be the only ones with the left over right variation in the tomahawks, although both now appear to have the "tighter" chain stitching. wierd stuff. i will be keeping an eye on the new set of jerseys come playoff time to see if the home jerseys have these new tomahawks. i was talking with someone from tts today and it was mentioned that because these new patches seem to be more shiny/bright looking, perhaps it is something reebok did to make them show a little better on tv, ie the stadium series jerseys.

that looks like the new style chain stitching to me but the tomahawks are the same right over left as the old style. interesting. i will have to check my born on dates now...