What's up with my 'Hawks jersey?

Big A HG

Just got my 2.0 Blackhawks jersey from RCS. It's a nice jersey, with one major exception.

I ordered the sweater to send to EPS and have my beloved Toews put on it. A friend of mine is sending his Blackhawks 1.0 authentic with my half dozen jerseys to get customized as well. I've always wanted a Hawks authentic, but always would use my jersey money for more Sioux jerseys, despite always having admired his.

Well, when I got mine, there was a noticeable difference in the type of stitching on the crest/patches. The jersey itself is fine. I have numerous other 2.0's, and it passes that test with no question. But, my buddy's 1.0 crest/patches are more of a legitimate hand-made via machine chain-stitch. My crest/patches are more of a flat, glossy, The 1.0's stitching is more of a chenille/chain stitch combo, mine, a really tight chain-stitch that almost seems like an automated machine did it.

It's hard to explain, but I have pictures coming soon...I hope they turn out.

I have a few ideas on why it's the way it is:

1) RCS orders blank 2.0 jerseys from RBK and custom orders the patches, putting them on themselves, then sells them as authentic NHL 2.0 jerseys

2) The Blackhawks switched production on their crest/patches to a different method for cost and weight purposes. Mine seems lighter, so maybe it's a legimate reason to.

3) It's an Indo-Edge without the green inner-collar piping (mine is black).

Thoughts? I'm trying to find high-res pictures of gamers or of in-game photos that may show that they switched methods...without much luck.

Also of note, the jersey is a 2011-12/newer version. It has the "Reebok" above where the nameplate goes.

It's hard to tell the 3d difference between the two, but you can see how the stitching style is much more machined look and glossier in my 2.0.

Hzjt2lR.jpg

SxufW1i.jpg

I have both Hawks 1.0s and 2.0s and definitely noticed a change in the texture of the chain-stitching on the 2.0s as compared to the 1.0s, especially in the 1.0s. They must have changed the process slightly or something, but I wouldn't be concerned about it, as I have a team-issued 2.0 that looks exactly the same as the one I just got from RCS.

This is a 2012-13 Toews game worn jersey pic of the shoulder patch. It is definitely like what I see on my friend's 1.0 opposed to my 2.0.

27192.jpg

It would have to have been a change for 2013-14 I'm guessing if it is really like how they are on the gamers.

I received mine from RCS yesterday and noticed the same thing,

It's like the chain stitching was pressed down, much thinner.

Not as much texture, and glossy.

Kinda feels like the quality went down a bit.

I considered returning it but if it checks out with what everyone else is saying then I guess it's I'll hang on to it.

Thank you for the post.

I recently bought a retail 2.0 from the Flames store. Noticed the same thing.

The shoulder patches on mine are pretty much the same as a 1.0 I have,

but the logo seems to be thinner/lighter twill and the stitching seems in a bit - as though the individual layers of the logo are glued together with the stitching mainly as an aesthetic.

Can you imagine having to chain stitch 300+ crests? I believe if you want retail jerseys, reebok has to figure out how to accommodate on a makes-sense manufacturing level. My recently purchased 2.0's red crested hawks jersey has that machine look to it. But my white 2.0 has the hand chain stitched look to it. So who knows?

You probably know already, but if not, EPS is offering a customizing discount right now...

Check this thread for the info.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=3048&page=292

You probably know already, but if not, EPS is offering a customizing discount right now...

Check this thread for the info.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=3048&page=292

Yes I did, but thank you. I usually send one batch a year with a lot of jerseys as opposed to numerous small batches. It makes it that much more exciting every time. :)

But, about the patches. I'm a bit disappointed about them unless it's actually what the Hawks do. I know it must be a nightmare for those ladies to have to hundreds and hundreds of them (crests alone) each year, but dang...I feel like I own an Indo-Edge.

Anyone know where I can get the proper crest/patches?

My jerseys from the RCS sale came in as well. Two Hawks size 54 and one Kings size 52. I see the stitching difference and while its not as nice as the full bodied chain stitching it would make sense if that they revamped the process for to be practical for game use. This seems like it may be a bit more durable. However, the chain stitching was what really put the authentics an extra mile apart from the premiers for me, specifically for Hawks jerseys.

Also I can barely distinguish much sizing difference between the 52, 54, and team issue Caps 56 2.0s I have. Though I think 52 would be my first choice.

I haven't bought a retail Hawks jersey in a couple years but all the team issue 2.0's I've gotten all have the stitching we're used to. Maybe they're running these things out of two different factories for retail vs game use? Sucks to see retail quality going down hill.

I honestly am not sure if I want this thing or not anymore. Quite disappointed. For those looking for a 52, watch the For Sale area in case I decide to sell. I'll know soon since I had an EPS order ready to go waiting for this jersey.

just checked my 1.0, 2.0, and team issued 2.0 and suppose I notice the same thing. 1.0 and team-issued 2.0 are basically the same, retail 2.0 feels slightly thinner/flatter. Honestly, it's pretty minor and something I never noticed until you pointed it out.

just checked my 1.0, 2.0, and team issued 2.0 and suppose I notice the same thing. 1.0 and team-issued 2.0 are basically the same, retail 2.0 feels slightly thinner/flatter. Honestly, it's pretty minor and something I never noticed until you pointed it out.

I'm usually not super fussy, but I guess I noticed as soon as the box was half open and the jersey was sitting there still wrapped in plastic, haha. Maybe I'm more OCD than I thought. :lol:

I have a feeling this is on purpose - and I also think newer GW and GI might have the same thing. Did you guys read about all the changes San Jose made this year, and why? It was all about getting lighter - even though most of the changes only made minor differences to the weight of the jersey.

I've also noticed the Flames logos on the players (noticeable during intermission interviews) looking puffier than I've ever seen. I think it could be due to the lighter logos and the amount of wear/washes they get.

Just my two cents.

I have a feeling this is on purpose - and I also think newer GW and GI might have the same thing. Did you guys read about all the changes San Jose made this year, and why? It was all about getting lighter - even though most of the changes only made minor differences to the weight of the jersey.

I've also noticed the Flames logos on the players (noticeable during intermission interviews) looking puffier than I've ever seen. I think it could be due to the lighter logos and the amount of wear/washes they get.

Just my two cents.

Watching the Hawks on TV the other night, during a review of Shaw's goal, there were plenty of up-close looks at the sweater during the wait. It sure looks like the style labeled "1.0" in my pics above, not like the new style.

It's sad (but not surprising) that when Reebok finally decides to sell retail 2.0s, they are still not the same as what is worn on the ice :noway:

Not necessarily. Those who said their team-issued 2.0's had the traditional chain-stitching did not seem to specifically say that their TI's were manufactured for the current season. Could any of you check the born-on dates? If they were made in early 2013 or before, then it doesn't conclusively prove that the 2013-14 retails and team-issueds are any different.

Edited by LAK74

I don't think anyone has seen anything game worn from this year to prove they aren't making team issued jerseys with the old crests, people are just speculating that retail jerseys are getting the shaft and team issues remained the same. It was said before in this thread that Reebok keeps striving to make the jerseys lighter, I'd bet that the new lighter crests are the same on team issues and retail jerseys for 2013-14.

so the general consensus seems to be ti 2.0 = normal and retail 2.0 = machine made shortcut?

what an effin' joke... :glare:

Perhaps you should use the search feature and look for "Indo edge".

Not necessarily. Those who said their team-issued 2.0's had the traditional chain-stitching did not seem to specifically say that their TI's were manufactured for the current season. Could any of you check the born-on dates? If they were made in early 2013 or before, then it doesn't conclusively prove that the 2013-14 retails and team-issueds are any different.

yeah, this is the only thing i am holding out hope for. any idea where i might be able to find out if they switched up the process for this season's sweaters? i would call csl, but i am not confident they would give a straight answer..

i have also wondered if perhaps these patches/crests were used on the indo's and are now being placed on the retails b/c reebok is trying use them up? i have personally never inspected an indo real close, or at least not the shoulder patches. did they use the chain stitching on the indo's?