USPS Price Increase (especially out of the country)

flyhighguys94

I just wanted to make everyone aware of this. I just got back from the post office a few minutes ago and what used to cost $10-12 to ship a jersey to Canada now costs $23-27. I shipped two small boxes to Canada and my total was $50. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up in the US that the price more than doubled. I was shocked. Apparently prices went up Sunday.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm lucky I just picked up a jersey from California on Friday and they only charged me $5 shipping but this is definitely going to suck for future purchases :(

This sucks for me even more. I've already had a hard enough time justifying shipping to Canada being I got screwed on few transactions, one in the amount of oh $500. It's hard enough to sell something and get top dollar for it, especially if you have to tack on extra with shipping. Between this increase and a couple of bad buyers up north I'll probably all but can any international sales unless I have done business with a person in the past, and that sucks because that closes a huge market to hockey jerseys.

thats why you ship in an envilope.. im in canada and my friend shipped me one,, only cost 10 bucks,,he also shipped a box,, it was 15.00

And now the prices went up, an envelope would suffice for one jersey. I used to be able to ship 4-5 jerseys total broken down over two boxes for $25 max. Now one box of 2 jerseys costs me $25 minimum.

That sucks. Although it's matching what I'm used to sending to the States. Just a small bubble envelope costs me roughly $25 with tracking every time. Definitely a shame given so many Americans are already reluctant to ship here.

Are you guys using paypal shipping? You can use it even without somebody sending you a payment and papal gives you a discount on the rate with certain services.

When I ship expedited parcel to the US using it the cost is always around $15. If I were to go to a retail location it would be about $5-$10 more.

Sometimes a box has to be used, I use a normal small brown box under 36 inches, for a box weighing 4lbs or less it would cost about $12. But now after the price increase this past sunday, a small little brown box or bubble envelope is no longer $10, its around $20 for the cheapest method. I'm just going by what i was told today, and had to pay. What cost me $23 last week cost me $47.50 today. USPS said its because UPS and FedEx charge a lot for international shipping so USPS was missing out.

And dont worry TMLFAN, your jersey is going out as soon as those bubble mailers arrive :thumbsup:

. That's crazy. I think I might use a service to get a physical US address. It works out to about $5/package (or less) or you can pay monthly. I might even try to split a an address with a fellow collector.

yep...just sold a jersey and watch on ebay...paid 11.30 for medium flat(US) instead of 10.85...i think USPS gave a heads up like 5 months ago...as if i would remember that...smh

Its funny you say that, i remember the same thing. In fact i read it about 3 weeks ago but i did not read anything about the major international charge increase. Thats what caught me so off guard.

sucks.....

went into my post office the other day to ship something I was like where the tap go? lady behind counter said we don't give out tap no more someone got hurt..............

just kind of laughed and said has nothing to do with you guys not making any money ? she did not enjoy that lol

went into my post office the other day to ship something I was like where the tap go? lady behind counter said we don't give out tap no more someone got hurt..............

280771357988834460_uOtB38IO_b.jpg

sucks.....

just kind of laughed and said has nothing to do with you guys not making any money ? she did not enjoy that lol

that darn tap!