USPS Price Increase (especially out of the country)

flyhighguys94

Did they ship with UPS or USPS? I am guessing UPS if you got hit with those charges

I specifically requested USPS, and my order showed USPS. I still have to pick up my package from Canada Post tomorrow or Friday. It could be really bad luck. I wasn't hit by customs fees on the McClement gamer I received earlier this week, which was shipped through USPS priority, marked as merchandise, and valued at $300 plus insurance. Ugh.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I specifically requested USPS, and my order showed USPS. I still have to pick up my package from Canada Post tomorrow or Friday. It could be really bad luck. I wasn't hit by customs fees on the McClement gamer I received earlier this week, which was shipped through USPS priority, marked as merchandise, and valued at $300 plus insurance. Ugh.

UPS would have delivered it to your door. If you have to pick it up at a Canada Post outlet then it was sent USPS.

I bought 2 jerseys from Meigray with their BOGO sale. Total came out to be $430 shipped via USPS priority. I was hit by customs fees of $65 + 13% taxes. Bad luck, or expected?

I bought three jerseys a while back and got hit with $125 in customs fees + taxes since the total declared value was $900

I always use the postal service to move jerseys into Canada. I tried the ups route, but found it was not worth it when they showed up at the buyers door asking for cash to pay for the taxes and fees the broker requested to bring the product into Canada.

• 3 weeks later...

Figured I'd just throw this in here. Maybe we should be more selective when we ship based on the weather...

http://gothamist.com/2014/01/04/postal_truck_gets_stuck_in_icy-wate.php

Postal Truck Gets Stuck In Street Of Ice Water Post-Blizzard

Figured I'd just throw this in here. Maybe we should be more selective when we ship based on the weather...

http://gothamist.com/2014/01/04/postal_truck_gets_stuck_in_icy-wate.php

Postal Truck Gets Stuck In Street Of Ice Water Post-Blizzard

I actually do this. If I know a big storm is coming and my item is likely to not be going anywhere fast, I'll usually suggest to my buyer that I hold it an extra day. I have never had anyone object, as I usually ship next day after payment at the latest anyway and the extra day is still pretty quick shipping.