SVP Sports Sale

HockeyMusic

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet whenever I would ask back when I`d go, they`d say everything in the back is also in the store. Lies. I always had to harass them and insist they were wrong, which was always true.

Hills, I PMed you regarding Thrashers. And whatever Thrashers would be there would more than likely be edge, but it`s possible they were 6100 reebok.

One time, go real late, around closing time, and make sure that one girl is working (the one that really knows her s***. Forget her name. She's always there.) and just insist you`re there to buy a ton of stuff and you need to see what they have in the back and maybe she`ll let you. I know she did it in the past. As long as that owner/manager looking dude isn't there. I don't know, maybe just say you want to take a look at that long-Arse rack they have which is by the door and then slowly keep sneaking deeper into where the potential gold is.

Honestly, though, I have my doubts there's anything truly special left. Maybe a small pocket of something, but not necessarily a goldmine.

Yeah I suspect there isn't a huge goldmine but there would be a few gems left. I tried to get back there a few months back and I got the big rejection!

I definitely saw Edge 2.0 Thrashers at SVP Cartwright on Thursday. Definitely loads of blue 2.0, a few whites.

Also Avs 50. Away and Alternate Stars 58/60. A few others. Was buying shoes at lunch, didn't note entire inventory.

Hate to keep bringing this topic back, but I was in Toronto today and decided to stop by. Nothing to report in regards to NHL jerseys. A couple slightly different ones, but basically all the same. A couple decent sized 2.0 Oilers from the vector days. Not goalie cut. A wordmark white Tharshers. Never seen that one before.

The only reason I'm bringing this back up is because they had a ton of Chops practice jerseys for $19.99 and most of them would be great for edge nameplates. They were the good stuff, not the replica kind. The phone on my camera is poor and the colours aren't exactly accurate to what they really were. Phone makes them look more fluorescent than they are. The orange one matched the replica Flames alt they had there pretty much exactly. I could be wrong, but the yellow might match the gold preds really well. If I still had my gold preds, I'd have bought it. And the one with the clouds looked like it would match the powder blue Pens alt. I'm sure there are other close matches there, too.

photo10_zpsdf24ed95.jpg

^Are those pro jerseys? Do they have fight straps? That's worth it, right there. Then you have the nameplates you mentioned. Sweet deal for $20.

Yeah, all have fight straps. If one of those matched up to a jersey that I could recall a bunch of people needing plates for, I'd have grabbed one. Unfortunately, I could only think of a few one-off plates people need.

That's a steal if anyone needs to find a CCM/Reebok style fight strap, and plates for $20!

By any chance, can you see if they have any goalie-cut jerseys? I may hit up up for one.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure the next time I could get there. I live quite a bit farther away and only stopped by 'cause I wasn't too far at the time. I can say for certain there's always goalie cut jerseys there, but they're obviously not the greatest of teams or styles, as the place has been ransacked over the months. I am tempted to go back for a couple of those Chops jerseys at some point. I just wish I had a way to match up the colours properly. Safe to say the navy blue would probably work for a few teams.

Sell the fight strap for $15 and you have plates for $5.

I bought a white khl jersey there for $30 can't remember the team but I sold the strap for $15 and the reebok patch off it for another $15 so I got the 5 nameplates I needed off it for free.

I kind of recall there being a more standard red there, as well. Maybe I didn't get it in the picture. I'm considering going back at the end of the week and grabbing a few different colours and seeing if I can help some people out. Can't hurt to have it. I think that second one from the right was roughly the same as the Thrashers 3rd. There's a dark green pictured, but I believe it might be too dark for the Wild 3rd, so it would be of no use.

That's a lot of practice jerseys for a 1 year team. :lol:

That light blue one definitely doesn't look like the standard Reebok practice jerseys. There seems to be some kind of shoulder patch on it too.

That's a lot of practice jerseys for a 1 year team. :lol:

That light blue one definitely doesn't look like the standard Reebok practice jerseys. There seems to be some kind of shoulder patch on it too.

That looks like the construction of the "Edge 2.5 Practice" jersey

I'll be honest, it's possible it's not the chops, although that's what I recall them all being. I'll see later in the week when I go back. Certainly the rest all are.

Still, this place has been known for having jerseys that shouldn't exist. Blue and white Thrashers with wordmarks and Oiler 2.0s for example.

I'll be honest, it's possible it's not the chops, although that's what I recall them all being. I'll see later in the week when I go back. Certainly the rest all are.

Still, this place has been known for having jerseys that shouldn't exist. Blue and white Thrashers with wordmarks and Oiler 2.0s for example.

Don't worry, I am not doubting or questioning you at all. I am curious more than anything.

Thanks for passing the info along and if you do go there, let me know.

I hate to start this up again, but if anyone is going to SVP any time soon please let me know. Jersey Baron listed a jersey I would like and I'd obviously tip one of you if you can pick it up for me. Albany Devils jersey. Any size, non-goalie cut. Prefer size 54 or 56, will take 52 or 58. Gotta get me a Matty Anderson jersey.

I am looking for a Salavat UFA green KHL jersey if you happen to see anything there. Size 54-58!